Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon league! Meet ups every Tuesday 6-9pm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

4 totes yo, let's get our game on.

Though now I'm, horribly, working every second Saturday... The ones of the meetups. Grrrr...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So are we good for game on this Saturday then? Possibly followed by eddies after :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I won't be able to make it, going to a friends party in Friday, then I think to another one the next night..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

How long do we want to visit the Game On for? It's €10 for 1 hour, €16 for 2 hours and €20 for 3 hours.

I have to leave at about 2pm to meet a friend off the train, so I may not have the time to go to Eddie's this week :(

Would anyone object to an earlier meetup time?

(Ace Attorney style replies only :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I have to make it to one of these again.
    And soon, I'm going to be veeeery busy for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Would anyone object to an earlier meetup time?

*checks his train*

Given my arrival time last time, nope. I'd prefer a 12pm meeting if that's what you're hoping for.

Ok Saturday at 12 it is then. I'll have to shoot off at around 1:30 as I have things to do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Hey how did the meet up go at games world? Many turn up?

SamIAmNot wrote: »
    Hey how did the meet up go at games world? Many turn up?
    There was 9 of us in the end and many battles were had!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

But we still need more!!! We gotta show the world that Ireland means business! :P They dont even have our league listed on the website yet. Its about time Ireland got shown some goddamn *fistslam!* RESPECT! :mad:

popzmaster wrote: »
    But we still need more!!! We gotta show the world that Ireland means business! :P They dont even have our league listed on the website yet. Its about time Ireland got shown some goddamn *fistslam!* RESPECT! :mad:
    The website is a nightmare to navigate IMO. I can post up the link for the League pageif you really want it. If I try to search for POP events in Ireland the website crashes :/

We may be few, but as long as we are having fun it's all good :)

The website is a nightmare to navigate IMO. I can post up the link for the League pageif you really want it. If I try to search for POP events in Ireland the website crashes :/

We may be few, but as long as we are having fun it's all good :)

I dunno it'd be nice like but if its not entirely neccesary then why bother? :P

Hey when is the next meet up? I'm hoping I can make this next one :D I need to break in my new deck!!

Hey when is the next meet up? I'm hoping I can make this next one :D I need to break in my new deck!!
    We do have a weekly League going :P

Avatan and I were planning another meet up, going for a coffee or some such.

I had an idea for a Halloween thing where we all show up dressed as Pokemon. Dunno how well that will go down with the masses :D

I had an idea for a Halloween thing where we all show up dressed as Pokemon. Dunno how well that will go down with the masses :D

Not trying to be rude, but please no :P
    Seen enough costuming/cosplay to do me until next year :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Plus, getting a good Charizard costume from Longford to Dublin would be a nightmare for me :s

Will there be a meet for this week? It'd be nice, haven't been to Dub in a while cause of college and junk..

Looks like theres gonna be more than minus 18 of us at the next league day! I wonder...will there be enough for tourney????

Denny M wrote: »
    Plus, getting a good Charizard costume from Longford to Dublin would be a nightmare for me :s

Will there be a meet for this week? It'd be nice, haven't been to Dub in a while cause of college and junk..
    There's always meeting up at the League on Thursday nights...
    popzmaster wrote: »
    Looks like theres gonna be more than minus 18 of us at the next league day! I wonder...will there be enough for tourney????
    Unless you can magic up a minimum of 8 players for a sanctioned tourny, it's just going to be a regular night of cards. Cards are good, but oh well :(

• Advertisement

There's always meeting up at the League on Thursday nights...

Which I can never, ever go to :(

Everyone please feel free to suggest some dates for meetups when you are available :)

I'm free most days. Away next weekend, but our than that available for pretty much any day/evening/night.

When are people available?

What was wrong with the Saturdays?

I think something was mentioned about Saturdays not being ideal but I can't recall...

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I think something was mentioned about Saturdays not being ideal but I can't recall...
    I think we entered "Students with Full Time Courses and Part Time Jobs" Season

• Advertisement

I think we entered "Students with Full Time Courses and Part Time Jobs" Season

Well, I quit my job :P

Yeah!! I make this Thursday(league meeting) What time is it all kicking off at?? Also directions would be nice as I lost my recall orb and can't remember where it is exactly.

Bit of Pokemon mystery Dungeon Humour!

6PM in Gamers world. 'Tis just beside jervis street shopping centre

So who is coming tomorrow???

So who is coming tomorrow???
    It's always been Avatan, Popzmaster and myself for certain

• Advertisement

Its highly unlikely i'll be able to make this weeks league. But when i do come or if a meet up happens any day other than Thursday - Saturday of next week I have skins of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (Palkia and Dialga on it), one of the three starters and one of the Palkia and Dialga separately. So thats three skins total for whoever wants them. Warning, they are designed for DS Phat and Lite.

Will not fit DSi :)

Dunno if I'll make the league this week as I have a hospital appointment at 3 on the Thursday. But that going well I'll be along if I can :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I'll be there at the start but have to head off around 7

As long as you come you get marked in and that goes towards random TCG goodies :)

Well I'm hone and all now so will be able to make it tonight :) can't break my perfect attendance now :P

Wish I could make it, but not this week :( But is anyone free during next week to meet up at some time other than for League night?

We've not had a good chin wag in aggggggggggeeeesssss. So who here is free onthe 19th November (that's a Friday) and have an epic Boards.ies meet? We can do another one earlier in the week for those who have weekend work!!

ARRGGGG!:mad:!:mad:!:mad:!:mad:! Why!! I Just found out I have cousins coming up on Friday to see me! >.< Why??? I really want to meet up with everyone again!! Hopefully I can make it in and out or something before they get here maybe?? Grrr... stupid cousins....

So who here is free onthe 19th November (that's a Friday) and have an epic Boards.ies meet?

+1

Yes!

• Advertisement

I think i'll have to miss league this week! Shock Horror! But yea seriously I've been working since Saturday, stupid training day and Ireland match tomorrow (come on the boys in green!! :D) and my first proper day off in a week on thursday. I need to sit down ya know?? :p

Ah well that's allowed!

Also what time on Friday were people thinking?

Well, we can't really do the usual can we? Is it not still "term time"? Maybe late afternoon?

The big question is when does everyone finish school/college/work? Let's try and get some of our shy posters to meet up :)

Well I remembered I have a meeting in college from 1-2 (that I really need to go to, Brian don't kill me :pac:), so ideally sometime around 3 would be best, but again it all depends on others' schedules as well :P

I'm finished at 3:30 but by the time I get home, changed and then head into town it'll be more like 5 when I'm actually in town

So provisonally 5.15 at the Spire, give a few minutes grace and head off on adventures?

Sounds like a plan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Wish I'd know about this before =< Can I come to the next one of these meet ups? I always need someone to trade with and talk pokemon with.

• Advertisement

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Well I remembered I have a meeting in college from 1-2 (that I really need to go to, Brian don't kill me :pac:)

And after all that I couldn't go anyway :(

Advertisement