Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon league! Meet ups every Tuesday 6-9pm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Chicken?

Oh HELLS yeah. Let's get tweetin'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Urizen wrote: »
    Oh HELLS yeah. Let's get tweetin'!

I'll tweet them on Wednesday to see what I can get, gives us some more time to get an ideal headcount. Also bear in mind that it'd have to be at either 12pm or 2pm, so we need to decide that too!

Well, afaik I'm doing nothing else that day. So any time is good for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

K, I'm able to go to this, 10 o'clock train for me :D

Denny M wrote: »
    K, I'm able to go to this, 10 o'clock train for me :D

Seriously, this chicken... I realise we go on about it, but you'll understand when the time comes. I may even pay for some this time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Missing it this week but would anyone be up for easter sunday?? I've a beers in dublin and will be up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Is it always in Dublin? ):

There's no way I could make it to dublin, is there no one in the limerick/clare region? Anyone? S:, my white forest is looking poorly >.<

just thought I'd ask and hope XD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You could try organise one in Limerick or Clare if you wanted! It's always in Dublin as tthe majority of people who attend live in/near dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

well thats fair enough .... we need more pokemon fans :P XD

So I will be at this tomorrow for sure! Who else is going?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I will be anywho, I'll be there close to 12:30 as usual.

Yup, be there at my usual anti-time of whenever the hell I arrive on the train...

There with Soothe Bells on :P

I'll be in from 12, gonna get my milkshake on :D

We really need some kind of text system for this. Last time being case in point.

There with Soothe Bells on :P

We really need some kind of text system for this. Last time being case in point.
    What happened last time?

When we were waitin for ages to see if anyone else was showing up. We were just standing there for aaaaaages...

Then I'm coming in an hour earlier :D

I am fond of milkshakes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I would like to join in :D I can't meet up until I'm finished my exams next month, but it'd be nice to hang out with some people who don't ridicule me for loving pokemon so much :P Though be warned I'm basically a total n00b since the last one I played before White was Red, go easy on me :P

So Chris, did the chicken guys reply?

• Advertisement

What happened? I was standing at the Spire from 12:15 to 1:00 and nobody showed.

Every one of us fail. :(

Sorry, I woke up at 12:30 and made a mad dash into town and arrived at about quarter past 1 :(

so this sunday then????? we can has a meet up before our beers avatan?

so this sunday then????? we can has a meet up before our beers avatan?

That could work...

score :D I'll be up on the first bus anyway which will be around so i can meet up for a bit :D

• Advertisement

I can't, I'm going to Midlans in Street (Westmeath), so that's taking up my full weekend.

I'll be at the BICS in Galway tomorrow and Friday, it'll depend on how recovered I am afterward.

I'll be at the BICS in Galway tomorrow and Friday, it'll depend on how recovered I am afterward.
    for sunday?? How old are you that it takes that long to recover :P

I'm a Clubs & Societies Officer. This is the Irish Societies Awards. I will be le partying the moment I get on the train tomorrow till the moment I get back on the train on Friday/Saturday. Without sleep. I'll be lucky if I'm still alive.

So who'll be attending?

• Advertisement

I'm in getting bus at 10:30 so should be there around 12:30- 1 at the latest

so nobody turned up then! Forever alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Stabbing in the dark here, but is anyone around on Wednesday? I discover my husband has booked the return flights of our trip to Cork for Easter flying out of Dublin. If anyone is around and has nothing else to do, it might be an idea.

so nobody turned up then! Forever alone!

I was there!! But I didn't see you :( Didn't realise there was the memorial thing going on though
    Stabbing in the dark here, but is anyone around on Wednesday? I discover my husband has booked the return flights of our trip to Cork for Easter flying out of Dublin. If anyone is around and has nothing else to do, it might be an idea.

I might be free on wednesday :)

Yea, I'll be there Wednesday. And I can be there because I actually noticed this thread with a date! :D

I might be free on wednesday :)
    Yeah :D, anyone else available? :)

Edit: Same bat time? Same bat place?

Assuming bat time is still 12:30, yep :D

Now I just have to remember to be up for 11, to get the 1138 train :P

Tomorrow is a no go for me, sorry guys!

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Assuming bat time is still 12:30, yep :D

Now I just have to remember to be up for 11, to get the 1138 train :P
    Might be a few minutes delayed dumping the cases at Heuston/Connelly and coming in, but should be there at the usual old time. Can't wait to have Cheesy Chips and a chat again!!

Edit: Sorry to hear that Avatan, hopefully you can still make it in May. BTW your game arrived in London today, my Postman signed for it :P

I'll be up for it, early train for me :P Be there around 12:30 or so.

• Advertisement

Might be a few minutes delayed dumping the cases at Heuston/Connelly and coming in, but should be there at the usual old time.

I'll be coming into Docklands about 1206, so if you want to meet slightly at or around Connolly, let me know. Or should I get the train after due in at 1232?

When's the date in may so's I can post it up here? :)

When's the date in may so's I can post it up here? :)
    I'll be around the last weekend in May, Friday to Monday (27th to the 30th).

I'll throw this out there to all interested. This Retro Web Shop Games World Bodmin has reasonably priced Retro games and accessories. They do free shipping to the UK or £3 or so to Ireland. If anyone who is planning on coming in May wants anything, PM me and I will order it and bring it in May where you can pay me then. They had Boxed Pokémon Green, but it now belongs to our favourite moderator. :P

So any more news on a date for the next meet?

No specific date set yet but it will be not this weekend but the one after :) I'll update the thread title when it's final.

No specific date set yet but it will be not this weekend but the one after :) I'll update the thread title when it's final.
    I'm pretty much easy on anyday, but for arguments sake (and travellers sanities) shall we go with Saturday. If people are bothered enough we can always go again on Sunday

I'm good for Saturday I reckon, going to a 21st that night, but that's not till late enough so it's grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I'd love to attend one of these meetups, but unfortunately I'll be in London from this Wednesday to next Tuesday for the London Expo. I'll try make the next one! Then I have the VGC in Birmingham the week after. Oh that'll be fun. :P

So far I know 3 other people who aren't on here, who are going. Should be a laugh.

Linoud wrote: »
    I'd love to attend one of these meetups, but unfortunately I'll be in London from this Wednesday to next Tuesday for the London Expo. I'll try make the next one! Then I have the VGC in Birmingham the week after. Oh that'll be fun. :P

So far I know 3 other people who aren't on here, who are going. Should be a laugh.
    So you'll be going to the Pokemon League on Thursday in Crayford (outside London) then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Nope. Never heard of it really, I'm just going to London for the Expo, then coming home to Dublin on the monday/tuesday following.

Ps: I'm Ken Byrne on Facebook. :P Cant make the Pokemeet in Dublin unfortunately for reasons above.

Advertisement