Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

frame size 21"

• 24-04-2010 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi folks. I havent raced for many years but startin to get back on the bike. I have a 21inch colombus SL Olmo but thinking of upgrading (I still have the gear shifters on the sloping down tube!). What would be the equivalant size these days? Is it a 54cm frame or have the new shapes of the frames etc changed the sizing?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Muller_1

I used to have the same frame way back in 91-92 I say you are more likely to be suited to a 52cm frame but depends on the new frame as the geomerty can be quite different. I'm currently riding a look 565 small frame for the past few years and find it a great fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭olmo

Thanks Muller. I might have a sniff around a few bikes. I have to learn all the new technology and new brands:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,168 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Suggest you measure the "horizontal equivalent top tube length" then look for that measurement on the geometry chart of any new bike you're looking at.

For instance, "D" on this chart:

10DefyADVANCE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭olmo

Thanks Lumen I'll give that a go. I like the idea of the frame Furiousox got from hongfu bikes. Seems very reasonable and I could do most of the work myself.

Advertisement