Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor terribel service

Options
  • 25-04-2010 8:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi, i posted this in mobiles and it got locked. probabley someon e from meteor complaind at my very honest account of events :rolleyes: so i want to re post to show others in consumr world about this rubbish service and warn to stay away! :D

hi, im so mad at meteor now ive signed up just to tell everyone about it. bought a phone in meteor dundrum,found out another freind bought same phone but for thrity euro cheaper a few days ago mad.gif rang shop and talked to the girl who sold it to me(who i want to name but not sure if i can?-<snip> who said i was talking about a trade in discount and i hadnt received the discount BECUSE i hadnt traded in a phone!eek.gif i told her that she should have given the discount and we would have come back but she snottily replied no it had to be done at time of transection. i got very annoyed at this discrimination that she wouldnt trust us to return with the phone. girl had a much posher accent then we did and i felt she was very snotty to us from this. so it went on and i said we were never even unformed of the offer when we bought the phone,she said that the offer is on screens and on the price tags and if she had kept us there to tell us every single offer that we would be there for hours. mad.gif so theres even more offers she didnt tell us about!!! she only feckin told us about 4 or 5!!!i gave out to her for this and said she should have told us and it was disgusting service from her to discrimite against us. she askd did we have a trade in phone, i told her we didnt then and she seemed to be thinkin wtf???not good customer is always right service at all!mad.gif

it went on and on and she said that we werent obliged to buy the phone then at all and could have returnd home to get trade in phone if we wanted the discunt and explaned the terms of the offer blah blah. i told her i wasnt interested in any terms and wanted my refund of the thrty euro. she firmly said this wasnt possable as i hadnt met creteria for discount and said if they offered a studant discount and i wasnt a student then i wouldnt be eligable for said discount eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif when i said to her eh how would you know i wasnt a studant (clearly further discriminattion due to my age) she haughtily said that wasnt the point, that to get a discount you had to be eligable for the discount and as i didnt trade in a phone i wasnt. i also told her that we live far away and it wasnt possible for us to wait to buy the phone and then to return as we were to far away, she told me of 2 branchs closer to us and said we could have bought it thererolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif she didnt seem to get the obvious concept of us being in dundrum so thats why we bought the phone and should have gotten discount there. after 40 mins on the phone i got absolitely nowhere with her and will be complaining in writing to meteor about this and terrible service!

so i wanted to sign up and warn everyone stay away from meteor and this terribel service!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

how is it disrimination to have not been given a discount when you didn't trade in a phone?
    It's like trying to buy something with a voucher and leaving the voucher at home and telling the store to take the money off and you'll come back with the voucher later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Jesus, if i was that poor girl, (which you had no right to describe on here) I would have just walked away from you. You have no right to speak to someone like that, as for her accent, do you really think that is helping your case? If you were buying a phone, you should have done some research first, not difficult, just pick up their mag instore which lists all the offers. Try and be logical. It is not the girls fault for not listing out every offer instore. If i do my shopping today, am I expecting the girl in Dunnes to tell me that there is an offer on clementines, bread rolls, Coke etc. etc. No. It is up to me to read the signs, which there are plenty in Meteor and avail of them myself. I am a Meteor customer, have had some serious issues with them in the past, error in billing for about 4 months. Please don't name the girl, this along with many other reasons was why your original thread was probably locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I don't get the complaint. You did not have a phone to trade in, the offer you are complaining about was a trade in offer so how cold you expect to get it anyway?

Sort of like buying a car and not being told about the government scrappage deal. You buy the car and on the way home you remember your old banger at home and then complain to the dealer that you were not informed about it.

It is up to the consumer to be informed themselves. If you are stupid enough to rush in and buy something without research then it is your own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

bought a phone in meteor dundrum,found out another freind bought same phone but for thrity euro cheaper a few days ago mad.gif rang shop and talked to the girl who sold it to me who said i was talking about a trade in discount and i hadnt received the discount BECUSE i hadnt traded in a phone!

Well that seems perfectly logical to me. Your friend got a discount because she traded in a phone. You did not trade in a phone so you were not entitled to that discount.

I don't know why you are angry with this poor girl. You went in to Meteor to buy a shop. She sold you the phone. It is not her fault that you were not trading in a phone and therefore were not entitled to the Trade in Discount.

I think what an other poster said about when you shop in Dunnes you don't expect the shop-person to tell you about all their offers going on is a good metaphor for the experience you had in meteor.

It seems to me that you got exactly what you wanted when you went into the shop. I understand that you are now mad that your friend got better value but (s)he was trading in a phone. You were not. You are comparing Like with Unlike. I'm sorry but I really cannot understand why you are angry with this girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

What's the problem, your mate got a €30 discount because he or she traded in an old phone - you didn't trade in a phone so you didn't get a discount. It's very black and white. To be honest I think you're way out of order to speak to someone in a shop like that. You're the kind of person that makes people working in retail hate working in retail.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

hi, i posted this in mobiles and it got locked. probabley someon e from meteor complaind at my very honest account of events :rolleyes: so i want to re post to show others in consumr world about this rubbish service and warn to stay away! :D

hi, im so mad at meteor now ive signed up just to tell everyone about it. bought a phone in meteor dundrum,found out another freind bought same phone but for thrity euro cheaper a few days ago mad.gif rang shop and talked to the girl who sold it to me(who i want to name but not sure if i can?-shes tall and blond) who said i was talking about a trade in discount and i hadnt received the discount BECUSE i hadnt traded in a phone!eek.gif i told her that she should have given the discount and we would have come back but she snottily replied no it had to be done at time of transection. i got very annoyed at this discrimination that she wouldnt trust us to return with the phone. girl had a much posher accent then we did and i felt she was very snotty to us from this. so it went on and i said we were never even unformed of the offer when we bought the phone,she said that the offer is on screens and on the price tags and if she had kept us there to tell us every single offer that we would be there for hours. mad.gif so theres even more offers she didnt tell us about!!! she only feckin told us about 4 or 5!!!i gave out to her for this and said she should have told us and it was disgusting service from her to discrimite against us. she askd did we have a trade in phone, i told her we didnt then and she seemed to be thinkin wtf???not good customer is always right service at all!mad.gif

it went on and on and she said that we werent obliged to buy the phone then at all and could have returnd home to get trade in phone if we wanted the discunt and explaned the terms of the offer blah blah. i told her i wasnt interested in any terms and wanted my refund of the thrty euro. she firmly said this wasnt possable as i hadnt met creteria for discount and said if they offered a studant discount and i wasnt a student then i wouldnt be eligable for said discount eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif when i said to her eh how would you know i wasnt a studant (clearly further discriminattion due to my age) she haughtily said that wasnt the point, that to get a discount you had to be eligable for the discount and as i didnt trade in a phone i wasnt. i also told her that we live far away and it wasnt possible for us to wait to buy the phone and then to return as we were to far away, she told me of 2 branchs closer to us and said we could have bought it thererolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif she didnt seem to get the obvious concept of us being in dundrum so thats why we bought the phone and should have gotten discount there. after 40 mins on the phone i got absolitely nowhere with her and will be complaining in writing to meteor about this and terrible service!

so i wanted to sign up and warn everyone stay away from meteor and this terribel service!!!
    Stupid post is stupid.

hi, i posted this in mobiles and it got locked.

Hi angryconsumer,

I just read your original post on mobiles.

(a) the moderator explained very very clearly why he was locking the thread

(b) it turns out that you don't even have a mobile to trade in??!!!!!

How can you consider you are eligible for the €30 discount when you do not fall into the terms of that offer.

Eg. To get a €30 discount you must trade in a mobile at the time of the transaction.
    Your friend did this and they got the trade in discount.
    You did not do this and did not get the discount.

How are meteor being unfair or discrimatory to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Consumers are always right aren't they? :rolleyes:

hi, i posted this in mobiles and it got locked. probabley someon e from meteor complaind at my very honest account of events

Sorry this is the point I was replying to when I said that the moderator explained very clearly why he was locking your original post.

There is no indication at all that "someone from meteor complained"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Reported. You're a disgrace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

after 40 mins on the phone i got absolitely nowhere with her

The poor girl should be given a fckin medal for her patience to put up with your nonsensical sh1te for 40 minutes. Kudos to her and to the Meteor store in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Surely this is a troll. People cannot be that delusional??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 angryconsumer

as i explaned my point is the meteor shop and this girl were the examples of terribel service. i bought the phone off the same girl who anwserd the phone so she is the only one i was speaking to and the only one whos service i experinced and it was terribel. when i was getting nowhere with her on the phone after i demanded to speak to manager and she wouldnt let me!!:mad:apparently there was no manger there:mad: such a lie. since when do shops not have mangers???:mad: she shpould have given us the discount that meteor gave my friend with the exact same phone. she clearly wouldnt help us because she was jugding our accent as different to hers and thougth she was better then us.she wouldnt even give it to us and let us come back with the phone. its really bad service to deny me a discount she gives evryone else. if she had given us the trade in discount off the exact same phone i would have been happy but she didnt she kept saying over again that we had to have ther phone and time of transaction and we paid the correct price for phone BUT she wouldnt let me return with phone AND she gives the discount to eveyone accept me!so its clearly discriminattion

im giving my honest unbised opinnion of the service (terribel) and that the meteor rep was awful.you shouldnt close a thread because im expressing my opinnion or because you dont agree with me

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So your pointless "complaint" is you didn't get the discount as you didn't trade in a phone...this is your fault not meteors

I for one understand why your previous rant was locked, I for one hope this pointless rant is also

The customer may always be right but not when they act like an idiot and expect stuff they are in no way entitled to,

By the way its spelled terrible not terribel
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

this is a ridiculous thread, you did not have a phone to trade in so you didnt get the offer, case closed, nothing to see here move on

Shin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

as i explaned my point is the meteor shop and this girl were the examples of terribel service. i bought the phone off the same girl who anwserd the phone so she is the only one i was speaking to and the only one whos service i experinced and it was terribel. when i was getting nowhere with her on the phone after i demanded to speak to manager and she wouldnt let me!!:mad:apparently there was no manger there:mad: such a lie. since when do shops not have mangers???:mad: she shpould have given us the discount that meteor gave my friend with the exact same phone. she clearly wouldnt help us because she was jugding our accent as different to hers and thougth she was better then us.she wouldnt even give it to us and let us come back with the phone. its really bad service to deny me a discount she gives evryone else. if she had given us the trade in discount off the exact same phone i would have been happy but she didnt she kept saying over again that we had to have ther phone and time of transaction and we paid the correct price for phone BUT she wouldnt let me return with phone AND she gives the discount to eveyone accept me!so its clearly discriminattion

im giving my honest unbised opinnion of the service (terribel) and that the meteor rep was awful.you shouldnt close a thread because im expressing my opinnion or because you dont agree with me

Which part of "You're in the wrong" do you not understand?

Also, I assume english is not your first language. You reall should have gotten a friend to proof read your post before submitting.

Cabaal wrote: »
    By the way its spelled terrible not terribel:rolleyes:

Could only find one?... :p

as i explaned my point is the meteor shop and this girl were the examples of terribel service. i bought the phone off the same girl who anwserd the phone so she is the only one i was speaking to and the only one whos service i experinced and it was terribel. when i was getting nowhere with her on the phone after i demanded to speak to manager and she wouldnt let me!!:mad:apparently there was no manger there:mad: such a lie. since when do shops not have mangers???

*facepalm*

She said there was no manager there, not that there was no manager
    she shpould have given us the discount that meteor gave my friend with the exact same phone. she clearly wouldnt help us because she was jugding our accent as different to hers and thougth she was better then us.she wouldnt even give it to us and let us come back with the phone. its really bad service to deny me a discount she gives evryone else. if she had given us the trade in discount off the exact same phone i would have been happy but she didnt she kept saying over again that we had to have ther phone and time of transaction and we paid the correct price for phone BUT she wouldnt let me return with phone AND she gives the discount to eveyone accept me!so its clearly discriminattion

Christ almighty, she didn't give you a discount because you DID NOT HAVE THE PHONE!. You need to have the phone WITH YOU when you purchase a new one!

Seriously, a 2 year old would have to mental capacity to understand this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

i think your an example of a terrible customer

as an unhappy customer the asstant should have been abel to make me happy to reselove the situation. i dont live in dublin so i had a very long way to return if i had wanted to but this service of not accomidatang the customers or helping them or making sure they are happy is a desgrace. i think i will unlock my meteor phone and move to vodaphone :D

i am shocked that nobody here can see that NO EFFORT in all was made to make me happy as a good company shuld have tryed.

as an unhappy customer the asstant should have been abel to make me happy to reselove the situation. i dont live in dublin so i had a very long way to return if i had wanted to but this service of not accomidatang the customers or helping them or making sure they are happy is a desgrace. i think i will unlock my meteor phone and move to vodaphone :D

i am shocked that nobody here can see that NO EFFORT in all was made to make me happy as a good company shuld have tryed.
    You fúcked up, she's under no obligation to help you.

If a sales assistant was obligated to appease every fúcking retard who walked into their store they'd get nothing worthwhile done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Just because you are unhappy, doesn't mean the assistant should right your wrong.

Can you not see how completely wrong you are in your arguments? No one is in agreement with you!

All I read in your posts is rabble rabble rabble ...assistant wrong...etc

Anyways, I dunno why I'm wasting my breath as this just looks like Trolling :rolleyes:

as an unhappy customer the asstant should have been abel to make me happy to reselove the situation.

Dude. How could they resolve the situation? You did (do?) not have a phone to trade in. Therefore you are not entitled to the discount. Not at the point of the transaction. And not later when you rang the girl.

It's nothing to do with your accent.
    It's nothing to do with the girl who sold it to you.

It is all to do with the fact that you did not have a phone to trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

She spent forty minutes on the phone trying to explain to you why she had been unable to give you that discount. How is that bad customer service?! You had no phone to trade in. If you don't have a phone to trade in you can't get a trade in discount.

Do you not understand the concept of trading in? Basically your friend sold her old phone to Meteor for 30 euros. That is why she paid 30 euros less than you. Had you sold your old phone to Meteor you could have paid less. You did not sell your old phone to Meteor, therefore you didn't get 30 euros from Meteor.

You were not eligible for a discount. I've no idea why you feel you're being discriminated against. It's people like you that make me feel so glad that I no longer work in retail. There is no reasoning with some people!

Jev/N wrote: »
    Anyways, I dunno why I'm wasting my breath as this just looks like Trolling :rolleyes:

This is the one time I am actually hoping it is Trolling.

But unfortunately I don't think it is!!!!!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

And you are still not seeing the point, as in YOU DONT HAVE A POINT, your friend got a phone because she traded in a phone, and you expect the shop to give you the same offer even though you didnt have a phone to trade in to take up the offer

No effort was made because you didnt adhere to the terms of the offer, which is you needed a bloody to phone to avail of it

you are blind to what people are saying either that or your trolling as you have nothing better to do on a sunday

Shin

You fúcked up, she's under no obligation to help you.

If a sales assistant was obligated to appease every fúcking retard who walked into their store they'd get nothing worthwhile done!

she is PAID to serve me and make me happy

she only explaned over and over that i should have phone at time of transaction and its not possibel to give me discount on promise of return with a phone-she wouldnt even trust me, a good loyale meteor customer. i even told her i will be happy if she give me her staff discount-her responce ABSULITLY NOT. so i gave her solution within her power and she refused. i tell her i will complain about her and she even gives me numbre for customer services:confused: shes not even trying, just keep telling me the same thing that i cant have phone at proper price because i dont give her a phone and if i come back i wont be given thrity euros to my hands.

meteor shuld have given me the discount they give evryone else. even people on the boards say they have been given this discount

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Within reason.

she only explaned over and over that i should have phone at time of transaction and its not possibel to give me discount on promise of return with a phone-she wouldnt even trust me, a good loyale meteor customer. i even told her i will be happy if she give me her staff discount-her responce ABSULITLY NOT. so i gave her solution within her power and she refused. i tell her i will complain about her and she even gives me numbre for customer services:confused: shes not even trying, just keep telling me the same thing that i cant have phone at proper price because i dont give her a phone and if i come back i wont be given thrity euros to my hands.

meteor shuld have given me the discount they give evryone else. even people on the boards say they have been given this discount
    No one is this stupid.

feed_trolls.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Yes, they received the discount because they adhered to the terms and conditions.

By the way, a manager would have to authorise a staff discount. It is not up to her. Giving a staff discount to someone who is not staff could lead to the poor girl getting fired. How selfish are you?!

• Advertisement

so nobody thinks its terrbel service that i left the shop unhappy, and after wasting my own time and credit calling the shop i was still unhappy. does meteor in dundrum have a manger?

i think i will return and speak to them and if i leave shop unhappy again i will shout outside meteor hq until i get my thrity euro back.

the shop should be abel to make an unhappy customer a happy one. they did not do this only made explantions. i screamed at the girl on the phone that i want my money back and all she did? nothing! just silence. then more explantions!! im so unhappy customer that i become screaming and she still not trying to help me as she is paid to do.

my main point is that i am loyale customer and when i become unhappy they do nothing not even goodwill to make me happy. its bad service. can nobody see that if you are unhappy with company and they dont do nothing to try resolutve situatition then they are not good comapny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement