Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So why are United players getting sick

• 25-04-2010 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭

Okay we have had Nani taking dizzy spells a few weeks back And then Nani and Evra both getting sick on pitch yesterday.
    Cant remember that happening before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Okay we have had Nani taking dizzy spells a few weeks back And then Nani and Evra both getting sick on pitch yesterday.
    Cant remember that happening before.
    Nani's dizzy spell was clearly because he stood up too quickly while breathing heavily. Perfectly normal. I assume they were getting sick because there was a bug going around the dressing room. It happens from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

magma69 wrote: »
    Nani's dizzy spell was clearly because he stood up too quickly while breathing heavily. Perfectly normal. I assume they were getting sick because there was a bug going around the dressing room. It happens from time to time.
    Are players being pushed too hard by Fergie? Maybe sick spells were a symptom of that. That its happened to Nani twice is a bit strange. Not totally discounting the bug scenario though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Are players being pushed too hard by Fergie?

Too Hard ? There grown men...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Are players being pushed too hard by Fergie? Maybe sick spells were a symptom of that. That its happened to Nani twice is a bit strange. Not totally discounting the bug scenario though.

cast....wait........cast.................wait..................cast
    Hatch99 wrote: »
    Too Hard ? There grown men...

STRIKE :D

I didn't realise Nani got sick before also. I doubt he is pushing them too hard tbh, we would have seen players get sick in previous seasons had that been the case. Being pushed to hard would result more in exhaustion rather than nausea imo.

• Advertisement

Evra and Nani are lovers. Their secret is out !

Yes they are grown men but even grown men are under a lot of pressure. Should Fergie have played them if they were sick.
    Again I dont recall a player having a dizzy spell and getting sick in so short a spell. Not sure if the bug can be tied to the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I think it was probably a case of dehydration for Nani and Evra.
    Obviously on the batter Friday night. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I assume the other one you're referring to is Nani vs. Bayern Munich? There was nothing mysterious about that, he made a sprinting run covering half the pitch, bent down to place the ball on the corner spot, came back up and got a rush of blood to the head.

I assume the other one you're referring to is Nani vs. Bayern Munich? There was nothing mysterious about that, he made a sprinting run covering half the pitch, bent down to place the ball on the corner spot, came back up and got a rush of blood to the head.
    Fair enough.

• Advertisement

Yes they are grown men but even grown men are under a lot of pressure. Should Fergie have played them if they were sick.
    Again I dont recall a player having a dizzy spell and getting sick in so short a spell. Not sure if the bug can be tied to the two.

It twas probably something they ate in fairness or a bug.

The thing is, they were two of uniteds best players yesterday.

SOTS you really are making a big deal out of this when there is nothing to made a big deal out of. Nani's dizzy spell is easily explained. He was out of breath and on his knees, if you have been panting and you stand up quickly while breathing in you get dizzy for a brief moment. It has happened to me plenty of times when I had taken my inhaler and stood up. Non issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Not really thread worthy tbh. Could easily fit in the superthread.
    Headshot wrote: »
    he didnt get sick before

just SOTS/lockie/bay/who gives a ****/no it's not great your back/ etc seeing stuff again

There's no need for that sort of thing. You should know better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement