Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passat 105 bhp 2006 tdi 1.9 Service related

• 25-04-2010 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Does anybody know when does the 2006 1.9tdi 105bhp need a services related miles

What mileage does the timing belt have to be replaced. I have heard so many different stories 60K 80 K 90K and they all seam to be diffrent.

I know that the passat has changed so much in the last few years and that even new models have had changes on the enjines etc while the body stayed the same . Can be confusing .
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Long life servicing is every 30,00km on the Passat 1.9tdi. Long life oil costs more than the standard stuff, but it's probably worth it. If not using long life oil, then every 15,000km for service. 2 year maxiumum between services if you aren't doing too much mileage.

Timing belt interval varies depending who you talk to, but it's recommended around 120,000km. Although, I picked up an 05 from a customer that hadn't had the belt changed - with 211,00km on the clock. Fingers crossed all the way on that drive back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

What do you classify as long life in garage terms.. My wife has the 170 bhp. I service it every 15k with 5w 30 castrol edge. Is this longlife or shortlife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

SARASON wrote: »
    What do you classify as long life in garage terms.. My wife has the 170 bhp. I service it every 15k with 5w 30 castrol edge. Is this longlife or shortlife

It should specify on the bottle if it complies to the VAG Long Life Spec. I think Castrol Edge 5w 30 does, but check the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭para45

Thanx ROR. I am looking at getting a passat witrh trhis spec.

When you say that OIL is pricey Long Life , how much is pricey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

VAG longlife oil (VW 507.00 spec) is approx 75euro for 5 litres.

• Advertisement

Thanx NoGoodnamesleft. what is the mix 5/30 or what is it synthetic fully or half or not ? Wow thats very pricey

Thanx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

The longlife oil is 5W30 fully synthetic.

My local VW Dealer stocks Helix Ultra VX 5w30

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_X_cbe_24855_key_140003298479_200909131715.pdf

Otto Car parts stock Liquimoly Top Tech 4200 5w30

http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/e_3706.html

You can get Fixed interval service oil (VW505.01) 5w40. I think its roughly about 50euro for 5 litres. I always go for the longlife stuff thou.

Thanx .Somebody beat me to the car that I wanted to put adeposit down on today . AAH you win some you loose some . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Theres plenty of them there op. Try and get the 2.o tdi i got the 170 bhp highline 2007 for 14.5k.

Advertisement