Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of Roma on the door of Vibes and Scribes...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭dunleakelleher

simu wrote: »
    (and the fact that all the folks in the photos are Roma has the unfortunate effect of tarring them all with the same brush)
    No the fact that all the folks in the photos are Roma Gypsies only proves on thing. This shopkeeper and many more are being intimidated and harass by these people. I can only assume it purely coincidental that they are all from the same ethnic background. :rolleyes:
    Although as reports are coming out from all over europe including in Romania that this type of behaviour is part of their culture. But we in Ireland are much too intelligent and PC to admit this. It has to be racism on our part.:rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

billybigunz Perm Ban -he has been told to contact me to discuss this further

Cant believe I actually have to say this.
    Anyone admitting on this forum to a crime such as assault and glamourizing it as "feeling great" will be permanently banned from this forum, your input is not welcome with an attitude like that. Especially if it is targeted at a particular race of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Moro Man

Gigiwagga wrote: »
    I have nothing what so ever against anybody's dress code, the only reason I mentioned it at all was (if you bothered reading previous posts by others suggesting that a Roma could not possibly own a 04 BMW jeep) to use the only means at my disposal to clarify the identity of the individual.
    Personally I don't like seeing anybody abusing anybody in the way I saw that man doing.
    In the course of my working life I have worked with people of many different ethnic backgrounds and never thought twice about it.

I don't really consider begging and stealing an honourable profession, regardless of who is doing it, I don't get your point here and I think you are showing considerable naivety with your attack.
    I always respect others and hope they show the same respect for me, regardless of their nationality or ethnic background.
    You condone the abuse of women because it is part of some ones culture.
    Well sorry but I don't and won't. Do you approve of female genital mutilation because it's part of someone culture also.
    Do ethnic mores come before human rights? not for me.
    People should be able to wear what they want, punk, Roma, Transsexual, whatever.

If you think my post was attacking you or your opinions I suggest you read it again, preferably slowly.

Advertisement