Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The SPL Title Weekend....

• 25-04-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭

...hopefully!

A win for Rangers at Easter Rd, or Celtic failing to win at Tannadice today will see Rangers finally tie up their 53rd League title.
    Given the issues with the club off the pitch this season it will be a fantastic achievment for Walter Smith and his men.

C'Mon the Gers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

It don't think the season will go down in the annals of history as a good one.

More a case of Rangers being less **** than Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

More a case of Rangers being less **** than Celtic.

People seem to forget that Rangers have only lost twice in the league this year so far.
    Thats a pretty admirable record if you ask me.

Granted, Celtic havnt been very good, and Rangers arent exactly a joy to watch, but winning games is what its all about.
    Rangers record this season speaks for itself all things considered.

It probably will for Rangers fans

Absolutely no probably about it.

Given the fact that we werent even sure if the club would FINISH the season, to win the league will go down as one of the greats.

Cracking start to the game at Tannadice, real end to end stuff.

• Advertisement

1-0 sellik, Kamara.

Boughie failed a late fitness test, Lee mcCulloch to cover at centre half for Rangers, Boyd dropped to the bench....sellik still 1-0 up....getting nervous now!

Robbie Keane gets his now traditional penalty and scores for sellik.

Im off to watch the game....im fed up talking to myself! :D

Hey Scum! We're havin' a party' :D

• Advertisement

24562_122209991122482_100000004443517_339201_447389_n.jpg

CHAMPIONEES! Oi Aiden! He's STILL got your trophy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wow, a one man wankfest.

Impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Safe to say he owns this thread!! :pac:

cson wrote: »
    Wow, a one man wankfest.

Impressive.
    monkey9 wrote: »
    Safe to say he owns this thread!! :pac:

Giving a **** isnt something thats on my mind right now.

CHAMPIONS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Wow, a one man wankfest.

Impressive.

... and "Post of the Day" goes to!!

Trilla wrote: »
    ... and "Post of the Day" goes to!!
    I can keep them coming all night Trilla...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Keep it going son. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Wow, a one man wankfest.

Impressive.

Cigarette finished , back out with the lube .."maybe use the left hand this time , nice and numb "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

beggars belief that anyone can actually live through 90mins of Scottish football nevermind a whole season in fairness.

karma_ wrote: »
    beggars belief that anyone can actually live through 90mins of Scottish football nevermind a whole season in fairness.

When you love your club, you love your club.
    It may not be the "Best League In The World" but its ours.

walter-smith_1409707c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Congrats Rangers, fantastic goal by the lad Lafferty to be fair to him. However, this title is down to one man only and thats Walter Smith. Take a bow son.... I paid tribute to him in another thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Cheers Ziggy, thats appreciated coming from someone who actually supports Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I forgot Rangers had the decider today, aw well it might just mean that the first derby game since '99 to be played in the evening will pass off peacefully!

I forgot Rangers had the decider today, aw well it might just mean that the first derby game since '99 to be played in the evening will pass off peacefully!

yeah...its not like its a title decider anymore, were not allowed to have them. ;)

Timmy can watch it without throwing coins, pies, fireworks....and himself...from the upper tiers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    yeah...its not like its a title decider anymore, were not allowed to have them. ;)

Timmy can watch it without throwing coins, pies, fireworks....and himself...from the upper tiers.

Timmy?

PauloMN wrote: »
    Timmy?

Yes paul, Timmy.

A word used in reference to the term "Tim" or "Timaloy" which is in turn used by Celtic fans to collectively describe themselves.

"The Glasgow Celtic, The Timaloys"

"Tim Molloy" was a generic term for Irish Immigrants in Scotland during the darker days of the city, but none the less a term picked up on by Celtic fans who to this day still describe themselves as "proud to be a tim." Or even "I'm not a Billy, I'm a Tim"
    This can also be seen on well known Celtic supporters websites such as "E-Tims".

This, of course, is in stark contrast to the use of the word "Hun" which is in fact a derogatory term used by a large majority of Celtic supporters to describe their rivals in the city, where the difference is you wont hear a Rangers supporter call a fellow supporter by this term.

I do apologise if the use of the word offended you however, it was certainly not my intentions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Timmy?

He called Celtic scum earlier, and posted a sectarian song banned in Ibrox.

Use the H word and you get banned for a month. But for some reason he can post all sorts of bile. Fans of some clubs are protected species on here.

Having said that, despite their fans, Rangers did win the league well and were the best team, and despite being a relatively poor bunch of players, Smith did get them to play like their lives depended on it. Fair play - the better team won.

Another missed opportunity by the Celtic Plc to bury them.

• Advertisement

He called Celtic scum earlier, and posted a sectarian song banned in Ibrox.

Use the H word and you get banned for a month. But for some reason he can post all sorts of bile. Fans of some clubs are protected species on here.

I posted a sectarian song banned in Ibrox?

Where?:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yes paul, Timmy.

A word used in reference to the term "Tim" or "Timaloy" which is in turn used by Celtic fans to collectively describe themselves.

"The Glasgow Celtic, The Timaloys"

"Tim Molloy" was a generic term for Irish Immigrants in Scotland during the darker days of the city, but none the less a term picked up on by Celtic fans who to this day still describe themselves as "proud to be a tim." Or even "I'm not a Billy, I'm a Tim"
    This can also be seen on well known Celtic supporters websites such as "E-Tims".

This, of course, is in stark contrast to the use of the word "Hun" which is in fact a derogatory term used by a large majority of Celtic supporters to describe their rivals in the city, where the difference is you wont hear a Rangers supporter call a fellow supporter by this term.

I do apologise if the use of the word offended you however, it was certainly not my intentions.

I know what it means. I'm not offended in the slightest, just find it strange that you were whining about Rangers fans being called huns before and then you come out with this.

What about:
    Hey Scum! We're havin' a party'

Do Celts call each other that as well? :rolleyes:

Enjoy your celebrations and all that, but don't dish it out if you can't take it.

I posted a sectarian song banned in Ibrox?

Where?:confused:

Simply the Best.

As Paolo says, for someone who goes crying to the mods over the hun word, you haven't exactly covered yourself in glory here..... I'll put it down to drunk posting.

Can you not just celebrate without resorting to bigotry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Suprised it took three pages.:rolleyes:

No your right Paul, i shouldnt have posted that and you and ONYD are perfectly correct in picking me up on it.
    However i was perfectly within my right to use the term "Timmy" imo.

Im still intrigued as to where this "sectarian song" is though.

Simply the Best.

As Paolo says, for someone who goes crying to the mods over the hun word, you haven't exactly covered yourself in glory here..... I'll put it down to drunk posting.

Can you not just celebrate without resorting to bigotry?

My word, you really are amazing.

A) Rangers did stop playing Simply The Best for a short period due to certain unsavoury add ons, however it was brought back 2 seasons ago and gets played before every home game. Hardly "Banned in Ibrox"
    B) The version i posted was far from anything which anyone in their right mind could call "Bigotry"
    C) I have apologised for my scum remark, that was out of order and possibly down to being drunk.

I am not going to sit here however and take accusations of bigotry from someone such as yourself, someone who spends more time attepting to run down Rangers and their support with lies, fabrication and exageration at every opportunity.
    I have never posted anything remotely bigoted on this forum, even the term "Scum" is not a bigoted term, maybe not a nice one...but thats football rivalry for you and i ask you to take those accusations back.

• Advertisement

However i was perfectly within my right to use the term "Timmy" imo.

Celtic fans might say they are perfectly within their rights to use the term "hun" though...

In any case, you know and I know that your use of the word "Timmy" is designed to be offensive. Talking about a person being a Tim is a different thing imo. "Timmy" is collectively talking about a large group of people in a derogatory and condescending way.

Like I say, I couldn't care less - sing your songs and use your terms - but let's apply it fairly.

My word, you really are amazing.

A) Rangers did stop playing Simply The Best for a short period due to certain unsavoury add ons, however it was brought back 2 seasons ago and gets played before every home game. Hardly "Banned in Ibrox"
    B) The version i posted was far from anything which anyone in their right mind could call "Bigotry"
    C) I have apologised for my scum remark, that was out of order and possibly down to being drunk.

I am not going to sit here however and take accusations of bigotry from someone such as yourself, someone who spends more time attepting to run down Rangers and their support with lies, fabrication and exageration at every opportunity.
    I have never posted anything remotely bigoted on this forum, even the term "Scum" is not a bigoted term, maybe not a nice one...but thats football rivalry for you and i ask you to take those accusations back.

No. While you may or may not be a bigot, you posted a song that was considered sectarian and banned in Ibrox (I was unaware that it was back off the banned list), used the words 'scum' and 'timmy'.

I don't actually care - but the point is you get so precious when you are insulted. If you cant take it, don't dish it out. Drink is no excuse.

Like I say, I couldn't care less - sing your songs and use your terms - but let's apply it fairly.

Thats the point. If you get to use the phrase 'Timmy', why is 'hun' taboo?

This is actually more directed at the mods. EB was just drunk and posted gibberish.

No. While you may or may not be a bigot, you posted a song that was considered sectarian and banned in Ibrox (I was unaware that it was back off the banned list), used the words 'scum' and 'timmy'.

I don't actually care - but the point is you get so precious when you are insulted. If you cant take it, don't dish it out. Drink is no excuse.

Jesus Christ, of course drink is no excuse...thats why i APOLOGISED for the use of the word "scum".

However, i am not ever going to take accusations of bigotry from someone such as yourself.
    As i said to Paul, if the word "Timmy" offends you so, then fine, my intentions where not to offend in the slightest.

Yes it was used in a derogatory manner, especially as it was describing the behaviour of the Celtic support in a game which has devalued Scottish Football almost irreparably, but again it sure as hell wasnt bigoted and unlike your good self, i am able to take each and every Celtic fan at face value, rather than spending my time trying to run down every single person to ever wear blue like some people on here.

If i posted a version of Simply The Best which seems to have been taken from a Tina Turner album, now i really dont think the woman had any bigoted intentions whatsoever with that one, and neither did I.
    The song was removed from the playlist at Ibrox during a short time when the club and its fans where under serious scrutiny, for the right reasons in many cases, however just as Celtic fans have improved in their behaviour and singing of certain songs over the years, so have Rangers.

I repeat, i will not stand for your allegations of Bigotry, and while they are still on the forum they just go to add to a long list of lies and fabrications you have posted on here.

Yes it was used in a derogatory manner, especially as it was describing the behaviour of the Celtic support in a game which has devalued Scottish Football almost irreparably

Have I missed something here? What happened? When was this?

• Advertisement

Have I missed something here? What happened? When was this?

2nd May 1999.

The reason why the SPL go to such lengths to make sure the country's 2 biggest clubs cannot have a title decider. Screwing up the original SKY deal in the process and ruining the SPL financially for a long time since.

Jesus Christ, of course drink is no excuse...thats why i APOLOGISED for the use of the word "scum".

However, i am not ever going to take accusations of bigotry from someone such as yourself.
    As i said to Paul, if the word "Timmy" offends you so, then fine, my intentions where not to offend in the slightest.

Yes it was used in a derogatory manner, especially as it was describing the behaviour of the Celtic support in a game which has devalued Scottish Football almost irreparably, but again it sure as hell wasnt bigoted and unlike your good self, i am able to take each and every Celtic fan at face value, rather than spending my time trying to run down every single person to ever wear blue like some people on here.

If i posted a version of Simply The Best which seems to have been taken from a Tina Turner album, now i really dont think the woman had any bigoted intentions whatsoever with that one, and neither did I.
    The song was removed from the playlist at Ibrox during a short time when the club and its fans where under serious scrutiny, for the right reasons in many cases, however just as Celtic fans have improved in their behaviour and singing of certain songs over the years, so have Rangers.

I repeat, i will not stand for your allegations of Bigotry, and while they are still on the forum they just go to add to a long list of lies and fabrications you have posted on here.

Grow up. You posted a song that Rangers banned their fans from singing and are unrepentant about it. If it walks like a duck....

You used a term that as Paulo explained is the flipside of the 'hun' coin.

How you didn't get a holiday for using the term 'scum' is anyones guess.

As I said, I don't know are you a bigot, but your behaviour is very close to that of of hairybacks with scraped knuckles. Which always is just below the surface when Rangers win.

2nd May 1999.

The reason why the SPL go to such lengths to make sure the country's 2 biggest clubs cannot have a title decider. Screwing up the original SKY deal in the process and ruining the SPL financially for a long time since.

Are you for real? 11 years ago? And how exactly did that 'screw up' any deal?

You are SERIOUSLY going to compare the behaviour of Celtic and Rangers fans?

:D I'm not even going to go there. Or to Manchester. Or to Barca. Or to... nevermind!

Grow up. You posted a song that Rangers banned their fans from singing and are unrepentant about it. If it walks like a duck....

You used a term that as Paulo explained is the flipside of the 'hun' coin.

How you didn't get a holiday for using the term 'scum' is anyones guess.

As I said, I don't know are you a bigot, but your behaviour is very close to that of of hairybacks with scraped knuckles. Which always is just below the surface when Rangers win.
    You really do have selective processing on these things dont you?
    Simply The Best is NOT banned from Ibrox. Your argument is completely and utterly illogical, irational, and just plain wrong.

I'm not comparing any fans, the whole thing arose from ADIG talking about the next OF game passing off peacefully.

As for screwing up the SKY deal, that game came at a point where Sky were paying us excellent money and giving us excellent coverage in fact almost on a par with the coverage the Premiership was recieving at the time. When the SPL announced that they would do everything in their power to stop an Old Firm decider happening again (which they have succeeded in doing for the past 11 years) SKY quickly announced that they would not be renewing the deal.
    Since then we have suffered the Setanta Debacle, which led to Sky picking up the rights for a fraction of what they are worth.

Go figure eh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

/opens popcorn

karma_ wrote: »
    /opens popcorn

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

It is absolutely terrible that the league in Scotland do everything in their power to avoid Rangers Celtic title deciders. I know this goes back to the shame game of 1999when it last happened but surely people have moved on a bit in the meantime? I would love to see this happening again someday. It would be fantastic for television.

You really do have selective processing on these things dont you?
    Simply The Best is NOT banned from Ibrox. Your argument is completely and utterly illogical, irational, and just plain wrong.

Nothing illogical about it. The song was banned. You posted it.

Quack quack.
    I'm not comparing any fans, the whole thing arose from ADIG talking about the next OF game passing off peacefully.

As for screwing up the SKY deal, that game came at a point where Sky were paying us excellent money and giving us excellent coverage in fact almost on a par with the coverage the Premiership was recieving at the time. When the SPL announced that they would do everything in their power to stop an Old Firm decider happening again (which they have succeeded in doing for the past 11 years) SKY quickly announced that they would not be renewing the deal.
    Since then we have suffered the Setanta Debacle, which led to Sky picking up the rights for a fraction of what they are worth.

Go figure eh?

So its the SPL that would be to blame?

Sky didn't pull out because Brother Dallas got the treatment. Get real. They pulled out because they didn't have the money - they lost the next EPL deal.

Brewster wrote: »
    It is absolutely terrible that the league in Scotland do everything in their power to avoid Rangers Celtic title deciders. I know this goes back to the shame game of 1999when it last happened but surely people have moved on a bit in the meantime? I would love to see this happening again someday. It would be fantastic for television.

Eirebear obviously hasn't moved on! :D

To suggest the reason Scottish football is in the state it's in is because of that game is laughable though. Title deciders in Ibrox/CP would make little difference to the overall package that is the SPL. There's a lot of things that can be blamed for it, but blaming trouble at a game 11 years ago takes the biscuit!

Would be good to see a title won v Rangers alright, but I can understand why they try to avoid it. In fairness though, was funny seeing it happen at Easter Road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement