Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guardian Anywhere

• 25-04-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

Found a cool App last night called Guardian Anywhere (review here).

Basically, the app lets you read all articles from the guardian directly through the app instead of online. the clever thing is though is that it downloads the entire site content onto your phone so you can read offline, rather than having to look it all up online, and puts it in a nice easy to read interface, with articles grouped by subject etc.

But even cleverer than that is that you can set it to all download at night when charging and/or only download over wifi, so that you waste neither battery or data package when downloading it.

Its a really great idea, especially for commuters etc. Only problem obviously is that its a UK newspaper (so I'm only interested in international news and sports). I don't imagine there is anything like this for an Irish paper? It would be great to have this for the Irish Times etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Get the World Newspapers app in the Market, best newspaper app out there. Its got 4 Irish papers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I use the guardian and love it,i've stopped buying the paper,i save 20 euro a month easy. I've also go ag newspapers which is really just list of papers (about 3/4 irish) and you click it and gives you its frontpage and you click stories. My only complaints about it would be that it doesnt tell you when you've clicked something you just know by the data transfer bar. There is also newsrob,an rss reader you can link up with your google reader account,it downloads the content similar to the guardian app so accessable offline.

I will try world newspapers

Advertisement