Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Upgrade

• 25-04-2010 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have eventually rooted my hero (8 months later) after I decided I couldn't wait 'til June. Wasn't too difficult although I did end up buying another MicroSD to try and create a goldcard, which it turns out I didn't need after following this guide from xda :mad:. Installed villian 5.3 which seems pretty good so far.

Anyways, I was wondering the benefit of updating the radio is? I currently have Baseband version 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18

I don't have any particular problems with the phone so am I just risking bricking it or will it improve battery life/signal etc.?

Also I was wondering how to put my apps onto the SD card now that I have rooted, and is it important to have a Class 6 card for this (as I have class 4)?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I have the same version and did upgrade the radio. No problems and it all works just fine. You need apps2sd which I think comes with this rom but I don't use it. I find I never run out of space on the internal storage.
    Zagato wrote: »
    Hi,

Have eventually rooted my hero (8 months later) after I decided I couldn't wait 'til June. Wasn't too difficult although I did end up buying another MicroSD to try and create a goldcard, which it turns out I didn't need after following this guide from xda :mad:. Installed villian 5.3 which seems pretty good so far.

Anyways, I was wondering the benefit of updating the radio is? I currently have Baseband version 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18

I don't have any particular problems with the phone so am I just risking bricking it or will it improve battery life/signal etc.?

Also I was wondering how to put my apps onto the SD card now that I have rooted, and is it important to have a Class 6 card for this (as I have class 4)?:confused:

Advertisement