Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbourhood Watch Signs on streets in Bray.

• 25-04-2010 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

I have noticed a lot of the estates of Bray have neighbourhood Watch signs dotted around them, we(Bray Community Police) are trying to revitalise and breath life into some of the schemes that may have fallen by the wayside for any number of reasons
    that are too numerous to mention here.
    If your estate has signs and your not sure what the story is with your scheme,but would like a bit more information flow regarding crime trends or think you may wish to get a scheme up off its feet then drop me a pm with either your mobile or email address and the name of your estate.
    I don't believe in useless and numerous meetings, I believe in meaningful dialogue between the community and Gardai.

a few questions that i will try and head off at the pass...

"What are some of the aims of Neighbourhood Watch?"

* To improve community safety
    * To prevent crime
    * To develop Garda and community links
    * To increase public confidence in An Garda Síochána
    * To foster a caring environment for older and vulnerable people
    * To reduce anti-social behaviour, including graffiti and harassment.

I should mention that I am attached to the Community Policing Team in Bray.
    Contact the office 01 6665320 or the station at 6665300.

pretty long winded info manual available here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

Hi there thanks for the info, can I ask you who pays for the community watch signs that are dotted around the Estates, I have download your info leaflets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

normally the schemes pay,and the council erects

Advertisement