Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homestay in Japan Summer 2010

• 25-04-2010 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭

みなさんこにちは、
    I am considering doing a home-stay in Japan this summer for a month or two, and was wondering if anybody could recommend an organisation to go with. Preferably, I would like to do a stay that includes language classes. I've gone before with EIL Ireland http://www.eilireland.org/ and found them brilliant, but just thought I'd ask before I commit to them again.

Cheers,

morningpeasant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

hey there, I'm going on a homestay this summer too! What are the chances, I'm going with EIL and i'm not sure there are any other irish organisations that do it.. but theres loads of japanese ones that do it too of course. I didn't really research many other ones but i know of one, based in fukuoka, genkijacs.com is the site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭morningpeasant

ruadhan wrote: »
    hey there, I'm going on a homestay this summer too! What are the chances, I'm going with EIL and i'm not sure there are any other irish organisations that do it.. but theres loads of japanese ones that do it too of course. I didn't really research many other ones but i know of one, based in fukuoka, genkijacs.com is the site

Sorry it took so long to reply!

Are going going on the one to Tokyo or Suwa?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

well i'm only seventeen so i can only do the suwa one. Which did you do?

ruadhan wrote: »
    well i'm only seventeen so i can only do the suwa one. Which did you do?

I did the one in Suwa last year and I'm going to Tokyo this time. Suwa is an amazing place, the people are so friendly, you'll have an unbelievable time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 airurando

Wow - I won the EIL Travel Award to Suwa this year! The people with EIL are so nice. :) What general timeframe are ye heading out at? It would be crazy if we bumped into each other. :D

• Advertisement

airurando wrote: »
    Wow - I won the EIL Travel Award to Suwa this year! The people with EIL are so nice. :) What general timeframe are ye heading out at? It would be crazy if we bumped into each other. :D

Is this Aaran (sorry if I spelled it wrong)?

Yeah! I take it we met at the interview day? How are you? EIL are really slow with updating their site...

Yeah, it's Rebecca from the interview panel, the one who went to Suwa last year. I might be around Suwa when you're there, so you never know, we may bump into each other :P

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

i applied for one of these.. and i gave my application form to my teacher to give it in and never heard back.. like not even a letter to tell me i didnt get it. it was very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Wow thanks for poining out that something like this actually exists in Ireland O_O. This is exactly what I want to do! I might have to go through the process of actually getting a job & money first though, so do you guys is there any upper age limit for going to those EIIreland courses? Might be 26+ before getting enough money :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 cblack18

Hey to you guys who won the travels awards, I've been entering for years but never won anything, did you guys do the project or the essay?

I did the essay, since I'm better at writing than crafting. I know a girl who got to the interview stage with a project, but it was spectacular, I must say.

Advertisement