Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless cctv

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

2 things strike me straight off. The specs do not specify the resolution, so its hard to judge what the images will be like. Secondly, Unless I am missing something, this is just a monitor. No mention of recording. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

Anything for that price cannot be good. Why wireless? Hardwired is much more stable and opens up your option on equipment far more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I am looking for a wireless cctv kit. Not too sure what looking for. Maybe something like http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?moduleno=223420

It is to cover door and front garden.

Any advice would be great

You will still need power for the camera.
    That kind of unit is more suited for monitoring a shed or outbuilding that has power

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Jnealon wrote: »
    You will still need power for the camera.
    Exactly! My advice would be to use CAT5 cable for the power & video.
    A tidy solution & much more reliable.

Advertisement