Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Perma Ban from Animal & Pet Issues

Options
  • 25-04-2010 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I offered advice to a poster in this forum, and it was deemed to be advocating animal cruelty. I strongly do not believe this to be the case. A poster had a problem with a dog who was barking uncontrolably. I said that a neighbour of mine had a similar problem and had a vet remove the dogs vocal cords (not sure exactly, but he wasn't able to bark after the operation).

Anyway I was perma banned by Bond 007, and when I questioned this I PM'd to ask why but was ignored. I sent another PM, and was told I would be ignored and have to bring it up here.

I am not a frequent poster in this specific forum but do read it quite a bit, so I am quite annoyed by the bluntness of this ban.

I have over a thousand posts on this site and this is the first time I have ever been banned from any forum.

I would like my ban to be reconsidered.

Regards,
    NewApproach

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Way to misquote my PM.

As said to you, your ban stands and any further arguing the toss via PM would be ignored.

You said on the thread in particular that a dog should be silenced by removing its' vocal cords. That is cruelty in the eyes of most decent law abiding people. The charter allows for perma bans where this rule is broken.

I see no compelling reasons to remove your ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I sent another PM, and was told I would be ignored and have to bring it up here.
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    Way to misquote my PM.

As said to you, your ban stands and any further arguing the toss via PM would be ignored.
    It is against the rules so the ban stands.

If you want to go further contact help desk. Any more PMs will be ignored.
    I don't see where I misquoted you.
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    You said on the thread in particular that a dog should be silenced by removing its' vocal cords. That is cruelty in the eyes of most decent law abiding people. The charter allows for perma bans where this rule is broken.

I see no compelling reasons to remove your ban.

I do not see how this is viewed as cruelty to be honest. Like I said a vet had no problems doing this procedure to a dog owned by my neighbour.

I can see how you might think it is cruel as it would not be a routine procedure, but I really think this is being a bit misled. How is it any more or less cruel than say having a dog's testicles removed?

Also I don't see why you would not have this conversation with my via PM when it seems we are just continuing the same conversation in the Help Desk. Like I said I am very annoyed about this ban and wish it to be overturned.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Obviously you're in discussions with Bond-007, but if you're not happy with the decision you can PM one of the CMods (AlmightyCushion/trout/kbannon). If you're not happy with their decision then you should come back to this thread and an admin will review things for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Thanks,

As you can see the discussions with Bond007 aren't really coming to anything. I PM'd a cmod to take a look at this, hopefully something can be sorted out.

Advertisement