Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless keeps dropping connection and then wont connect

Options
  • 25-04-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

So as upc fixed their issues on their end i start getting oblivious problems on my end.

I'm running my pc wirelessly, as wired isnt an option. I'm using the netgear wireless n router, and a linkys usb wireless n adaptor.

Everything was going sweet until recently. When I bought the new adaptor I was having net difficulty. I had everything set to static ips, so I reverted everything back to automatic and things worked.

However I'm receiving random drops on the wireless constantly, and today it just hit a head. It was dropping every few minutes and then was just not reconnecting. It can see the signal of my internet, but when windows 7 tries to connect it says " could not connect" and the ever so useless troubleshooter was no help.

Any ideas on the situation?

Should i maybe set everything back up static?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You could try static IP's, but I wouldn't think it would help. Do you have another PC you could try? Maybe the router is faulty. Sometimes it might be a problem further down the line. What are 'oblivious problems'? Why is wired not an option ? What were you using before your new adapter?

Advertisement