Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masons gets a slap on the wrist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

Typhoon. wrote: »

They were actually unreal nights i always used to go to them! great idea! such a shame the minute a bar does something to create some business they get told they broke the law! what a backwards idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

if its bring in business theyll probably just tweak it and continue with it. seems like good publicity for them to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Fair play to them for trying to do promos, drink is just to expensive simple as, thats why people are not going out and they city is dead, I was in shock wen night in Harveys 6.25 or there abouts for a bottel of alcho pop, one word for all these people GREED.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

MEAS may have had a role to play when the pubs were jointed, and we all had the money to binge drink. But anyone can see this was just an effort to do something different and get the punters in. Seems a bit unfair. Having said that, a slap on the wrists from MEAS means sweet f all. There's no actual punishment really.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

I was at some of those nights and was thinking it was illegal alrite , happy hours not allowed anymore sadly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

What a stupid backwards country we live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The night club association And vitners need to do a bit more...what's worse...a secure pub selling beer for a
    euro or so less than norm at 3 quid...and you'll be told when you've had enough...or a shop selling bottles
    for 60cent each and you can buy 100 bottles if ya want.

Country is just a bit retarded at the moment.

Although, speaking of retarded...that stock market idea was obviously illegal but the music factory company still spent a fortune putting together this idea...in fact they should have got the slap on the wrist for selling the idea and the equipment etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Clano wrote: »
    They were actually unreal nights i always used to go to them! great idea! such a shame the minute a bar does something to create some business they get told they broke the law! what a backwards idea

Not a law, just a guidline from MEAS.

MEAS is basically a front organisation for the drinks lobby to make it look like they are actually doing something to curb excessive drinking (which is how they make their money).

How did these stock market nights work? It sounds interesting. I agree its worse selling cheap drink in supermarkets than cheap drink in pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The more of a drink that was sold the cheaper it became.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

was in there at our xmas night out at xmas just gone and we didnt realise this was on.. i thought it was a very good idea...

especially the shots... but i always wondered how 'legal' it was, i knwo the government had been clamping down on advertising or running drink specials at the time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

The more of a drink that was sold the cheaper it became.
    no sure that wouldnt make sense the price would never rise.

It worked like this if loads of say budweiser was been bought then the price of heineken would go down and bud would go up. it was really good and actually added a bit of excitement into buying your drinks as you would have to keep an eye on the teles for your beer and every so often they would have "crashes" or something where the price of a few things would go down a load!
    twas every wednesday and friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Clano wrote: »
    no sure that wouldnt make sense the price would never rise.

It worked like this if loads of say budweiser was been bought then the price of heineken would go down and bud would go up. it was really good and actually added a bit of excitement into buying your drinks as you would have to keep an eye on the teles for your beer and every so often they would have "crashes" or something where the price of a few things would go down a load!
    twas every wednesday and friday

Sounds interesting, and as the average price was the same I can't see it encouraging binging.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    What a stupid backwards country we live in.

+1 , like if people want to binge drink, they'll get all the cheap booze they want in lidl/aldi/tescos or their local offie:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

Sounds like a great idea, whoever thought of it is a genius, shame to see him in trouble over it

Advertisement