Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Stoke

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Drogba , WORLD CLASS what a touch and pass !

absolutely superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Should that not be a red for kalou, and a free out? Games over anyway, but that was needlessly dangerous, diving in with both feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Sorenson off
    kalou lucky different ref could of given him a card and a free out with the two footed lunge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

At first I thought that should have been a free, and had he caught more of Sorensen it would have been. But he didn't, so it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Game over

2 games left and 1 point. All on the Pool game now tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Where was Sorenson caught? It looked like his finger but the guy and the Stoke staff are reacting like he is dying; oxygen etc, strapped into a stretcher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

How in the name of God has Kalou not been sent off there?? And ref allows the goal!:eek: He went in with a two footed challenge! That's a red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Selfish from Fuller there, Whelan was in position for a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Ref's being consistent anyway.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Bennett you clown, that was outside. Stupid from Huth in any case.

Huth still on the Chelsea payroll surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

LAMPS!!!!!!

3-0

Broken elbow for sorenson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Suspected broken elbow for Sorenson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

drkpower wrote: »
    Where was Sorenson caught? It looked like his finger but the guy and the Stoke staff are reacting like he is dying; oxygen etc, strapped into a stretcher?

Suspected broken elbow it seems. They can be quite painful.

Kalou is a lucky boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Lampard has scored over 20 goals in each of the last 5 seasons. Stunning return!

edit to say today was not his 20th but 24th/25th.

drkpower wrote: »
    Suspected broken elbow it seems. They can be quite painful.

Kalou is a lucky boy.

Lucky?? I'm still in shock at the absolute ineptness shown by Bennett.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Also this performance is a lot better to be going to Anfield then going into
    White Hart Lane with that shocking Bolton game behind us ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What a shocking decision for the second goal. Definte free out and a red card. How in gods name was it allowed to stand? Shocking.

Chelsea totally dominating up until then and fully deserved a two goal lead but words fail me when you see a decision like that.

And to the poster who said he didn't make contact, that's neither here nor there and irrelevant to the tackle.

Sorensen' s broke something by the look of it.

Again, I still can't believe the goal was allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Off course if this happened at Old Trafford, people would be accusing us of buying the ref. He has had a shocker so far.

That said, Stoke are just awful today. They better play like this on the last day of the season!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Whelan lucky to get away with that cheeky trip

Did whelan do that trip on purpose?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Pure class from Drogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Should have been a peno for Chelsea there, Whelan definitely stuck the leg out on purpose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Did whelan do that trip on purpose?

Yeah a Cheeky little one alright. ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We deserve to winning 3-0 in all fairness, couple of bad decisions though alright.

Johner wrote: »
    We deserve to winning 3-0 in all fairness, couple of bad decisions though alright.

No doubt Chelsea deserve to be winning alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That challenge for Kalou's second goal was so dangerous. Disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

With a risk of sounding as in Fantasy football mode but who got the assists? Drogba one yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Appalling decisions by the ref

The 2nd goal should have been disallowed and Kalou sent off for dangerous play

The penalty decision was farcical

• Advertisement

Retrospective action can be taken against kalou can't it?

SantryRed wrote: »

i must be alone in thinking it was ok.

no idea how Sorenson broke his elbow.

Kalou second goal should not have been allowed , It would of been a very harsh red , yellow card and free out .

I think the ref gave it because he was not jumping in on a player as the keeper was so far away and the tips of his finger only caught Kalou's boot.

Just my opinion on it anyway !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Gillington wrote: »
    With a risk of sounding as in Fantasy football mode but who got the assists? Drogba one yeah?

Lampard and Kalou assisted eachothers goals.....and yea Drogba got the other.

Retrospective action can be taken against kalou can't it?

I'm not sure it can cos the ref has seen the incident and acted upon it, albeit in an alarmingly inept way!

There was nothing malicious about it by Kalou. It was a genuine attempt to get to the ball to score. But it's a red card. Bennett is a complete waster, how can he justify that decision!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Appalling decisions by the ref

The 2nd goal should have been disallowed and Kalou sent off for dangerous play

The penalty decision was farcical

Chelsea should have had a penalty for the Whitehead handball and the Whelan trip on Anelka.

To revert to the old adage:

"These things even themselves out"

You can't go in two feet studs up off the ground ever!

Mr Alan wrote: »

His index finger stretched out and caught Kalou's boot and got dragged back which took his arm back, not too far mind you . I would be surprised if its broken .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

So anywhere else on the pitch a player goes for the ball with a 2 footed, studs showing lunge and that is OK?

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Chelsea should have had a penalty for the Whitehead handball and the Whelan trip on Anelka.

To revert to the old adage:

"These things even themselves out"
    Ya but stoke lost there keeper
    Chelsea deserve there lead but that was a dangerous move he pulled

Al, he went in with a two footed challenge, both feet off the ground with studs showing. He's not in control of his body. That's a straight red. Even if gets the ball 100% and doesn't catch the player, it's still a red.

He caught Sorenson on the arm, you can see it in the replay!! If Kalou goes in like that on an outfield player, he would have walked!

SantryRed wrote: »

Get out of town , far from disgusting ,

You dont overreact much do you .

No intent what so ever , silly /clumsy maybe but far from disgusting .

So anywhere else on the pitch a player goes for the ball with a 2 footed, studs showing lunge and that is OK?

you do see incidents where its not wreckless (was there something similar in the Utd/Spurs game yesterday). the players were not coming at eachother & neither players had the ball at their feet, i probably am wrong, but i just didnt see it as wreckless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

monkey9 wrote: »
    Al, he went in with a two footed challenge, both feet off the ground with studs showing. He's not in control of his body. That's a straight red. Even if gets the ball 100% and doesn't catch the player, it's still a red.

lol, so if Sorensen is standing 10 feet away it's still a red?

Get a grip man!

His index finger stretched out and caught Kalou's boot and got dragged back which took his arm back, not too far mind you . I would be surprised if its broken .

They've already said he's broken his elbow. Well, that's what i've read here. I had the first half on mute

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Wow it's so quiet in Stamford Bridge I can almost hear how much Chelsea supporters want to win the title.

Get a grip man!

What??? If Sorenson is standing ten feet away, Kalou is hardly gonna dive in, is he?

Get a grip man!

That explains the situation best ,

Kalou thinks the Keeper is so far away that the keeper wont get near him and jumps in on the ball , keeper more so jumps in on Kalou and ends up getting caught .

Still think goal should not have been given and free out for going in on the ball so clumsy.

monkey9 wrote: »
    They've already said he's broken his elbow. Well, that's what i've read here. I had the first half on mute

Suspected broken elbow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Get out of town , far from disgusting ,

You dont overreact much do you .

No intent what so ever , silly /clumsy maybe but far from disgusting .

Actually, as a goalkeeper it is fcuking disgusting. I've put my head down to stop a shot many a times before, one time I was two footed right in the stomach. If Sorensen had of been a bit closer to that he could have been fcuking blinded!

• Advertisement
Advertisement