Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Stoke

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

monkey9 wrote: »
    What??? If Sorenson is standing ten feet away, Kalou is hardly gonna dive in, is he?
    Well if he does he should be sent off apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

If he got caught from a 2 footed lunge then what is there to argue about?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

SantryRed wrote: »
    Actually, as a goalkeeper it is fcuking disgusting. I've put my head down to stop a shot many a times before, one time I was two footed right in the stomach. If Sorensen had of been a bit closer to that he could have been fcuking blinded!

Sorensen was at full stretch and the top of his finger was only caught , far away from his face .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sorensen was at full stretch and the top of his finger was only caught , far away from his face .

I amn't disputing that. He could have easily made a leap which cause both hands to come near the ball and his face would be nearby too. Reckless and disgusting. Should have walked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

If he got caught from a 2 footed lunge then what is there to argue about?

THE TIP OF HIS FINGER .

Kalou jumped in on the ball not the man !!!

People are calling for a red and saying it was disgusting which IMO it was not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,733 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i must be alone in thinking it was ok.

no idea how Sorenson broke his elbow.

2 footed lunge at the ball?

How is that okay?

I amn't disputing that. He could have easily made a leap which cause both hands to come near the ball and his face would be nearby too. Reckless and disgusting. Should have walked.

I dont agree with you and I will leave it at that , every one is entitled to there opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,733 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Kitson again proving why I hate him.

Horrible .......................

THE TIP OF HIS FINGER .

Kalou jumped in on the ball not the man !!!

People are calling for a red and saying it was disgusting which IMO it was not

Suspected broken elbow. Sooo, basically a red card should be judged on where contact is made? Jesus that would cause chaos.

/rewinds Sky digitial

My god; Drogba didn't make the most of that Whelan tackle

• Advertisement

Whitehead you scumbag.

EDIT: that's a bollox yellow

Come on now lads everyone start on about the disgusting diving by whitehead :)

/rewinds Sky digitial

My god; Drogba didn't make the most of that Whelan tackle

He has his moments sometimes when he just gets up and gets on with it , mind you not that often .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Delighted to see Whitehead booked for diving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Kalou goes into a 50-50 two footed. Even if he only has eyes for the ball it's a straight red, you just cannot do that in football. The fact a player has potentially a broken bone after it is surely proof enough it was wreckless no?

Kalou goes into a 50-50 two footed. Even if he only has eyes for the ball it's a straight red, you just cannot do that in football. The fact a player has potentially a broken bone after it is surely proof enough it was wreckless no?

It was not a 50-50 , keeper only made it there with the tip of his finger , more like a 95-5 ;)

50-50 red card straight away.

Fcuk sake Stoke. Pathetic. It's up to Liverpool and Wigan now. Hopefully Chelsea get wound up and lash out so get a suspension or else get a (non-serious, but ruling out for the next 2 weeks) injury!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Kalou Hat Trick ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It was not a 50-50 , keeper only made it there with the tip of his finger , more like a 95-5 ;)

50-50 red card straight away.

If you dive in with a two footed tackle, both feet off the ground and studs showing, that is a straight red!

• Advertisement

Fcuk sake Stoke. Pathetic. It's up to Liverpool and Wigan now

F*ck sake City Pathetic ... F*ck Sake Spurs .. Pathetic ...

Delighted to see Kalou get the hattrick. Really like him as a player and he just hasn't a hope of getting into that Chelsea starting XI, he'll most likely be on the bench again next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wat a miss. Miss of the season

How did he miss that! OMG that is definitely THE worst miss I have ever seen. He can't blame the bouncing ball because he was jumping around himself!

Malouda . . . shipment_of_fail.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Good lord

hehe - imagine if it were 0-0 and MAlouda made that miss!!

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    F*ck sake City Pathetic ... F*ck Sake Spurs .. Pathetic ...

Spurs?!? 2-1 away to Chelsea. Pretty excellent

monkey9 wrote: »
    If you dive in with a two footed tackle, both feet off the ground and studs showing, that is a straight red!

We will agree to disagree ,

I dont think the keeper was anywhere near the ball or player and made a massive dive to get there, even at that he only got a finger tip to it.

It was clumsy to do it but not worthy of a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Headshot wrote: »
    wat a miss. Miss of the season

It was right bloody difficult to miss that. :D

Maloudlol

Spurs?!? 2-1 away to Chelsea. Pretty excellent
    you miss my point ...never mind

• Advertisement

I dont think the keeper was anywhere near the ball or player and made a massive dive to get there, even at that he only got a finger tip to it.

It was clumsy to do it but not worth of a red.
    Aw jesus fcuking christ. IF he was no where near the ball Sorensen would not have broken his elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

That Malouda miss could cost me €200 :(

We-hey Malouda! Just stop shooting. Good save but should have scored from there

KevIRL wrote: »

he's ****ing brutal today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Great save to be fair.

Great 1-2 between Drogs and Nic.

Anelka's touch was kak.

How has Malouda not scored? again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

It's amazing how people can fool themselves into believing what they want, in spite of clear televisual evidence to the contrary!

Aw jesus fcuking christ. IF he was no where near the ball Sorensen would not have broken his elbow.

Are you actually watching the game ,

Firstly, its a suspected broken elbow,

Secondly, the top of his finger caught his boot which pulled his arm back , Kalou's two feet did not land in on the keeper what so ever.

please sir, can i have another

drkpower wrote: »
    It's amazing how people can fool themselves into believing what they want, in spite of clear televisual evidence to the contrary!

I waited to see the incident at half time , paused it on sky , and replayed it a good few times before commenting on it.

5-0 excellent

Most of the people giving it all that about the incident are Man U fans,

Ah well hard luck:D

• Advertisement

Are you actually watching the game ,

Firstly, its a suspected broken elbow,

Secondly, the top of his finger caught his boot which pulled his arm back , Kalou's two feet did not land in on the keeper what so ever.

Yes I am. The incident occured like this.

1. Lampard shoots
    2. Sorensen parries to his right
    3. Sorensen tries to get up to regain ball but Kalou is clearly going to get there first
    4. Kalou dangerously and needlessly goes in two footed, puts the ball in the net and injures Sorensen in the process.

That is a red card. End of.

Did you hjave 5-0 backed? Did Fat Fwank save ya?

What a goal from Lamps, quality finish.

I waited to see the incident at half time , paused it on sky , and replayed it a good few times before commenting on it.

5-0 excellent

Most of the people giving it all that about the incident are Man U fans,

Ah well hard luck:D

You're a Chelsea fan? Well that clears it up why you don't see it as a red. And just to clear up, I don't follow a Premiership team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What a finish by Lampard. Quality!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

deisedevil wrote: »
    Did you hjave 5-0 backed? Did Fat Fwank save ya?

Its a FF competition, the final week is this GW. I'm ahead of the other guy but bonus points could win it for him. If Malouda had scored it would be all over

Its a FF competition, the final week is this GW. I'm ahead of the other guy but bonus points could win it for him. If Malouda had scored it would be all over

ouch

i need another goal for a bet

3. Sorensen tries to get up to regain ball but Kalou is clearly going to get there first

If Kalou was clearly going to get there first then is it not Sorensons own fault for risking it. (I didn't see it but that description would mean Kalou is in the clear)

Ah no, that's a right disaster.

• Advertisement

You're a Chelsea fan? Well that clears it up why you don't see it as a red. And just to clear up, I don't follow a Premiership team.

Im curious , who do you follow ?

Advertisement