Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Stoke

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

What a bloody delightful day this is ,

after the horror of last weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Headshot wrote: »
    ouch

i need another goal for a bet

Well done Headshot, how much you make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

deisedevil wrote: »
    Well done Headshot, how much you make?

Single: Chelsea (-5.0) @ 7/2
    1 line at €60.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €60.00
    Potential returns: €270.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Great to see Sturridge score in the league ..

KevIRL wrote: »
    Its a FF competition, the final week is this GW. I'm ahead of the other guy but bonus points could win it for him. If Malouda had scored it would be all over

get in there kev

delighted for ya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

deisedevil wrote: »
    If Kalou was clearly going to get there first then is it not Sorensons own fault for risking it. (I didn't see it but that description would mean Kalou is in the clear)

Not at all. He's a goalkeeper, his job is to save the ball. How is Kalou in the clear if he went in two feet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Well in. Stoke have been utterly gutless today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

7 goals ,

Chelsea have been the best of a bad bunch this season !

Its a FF competition, the final week is this GW. I'm ahead of the other guy but bonus points could win it for him. If Malouda had scored it would be all over

There ya go Kev. Fair play to ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm assuming you got that during the game rather than before it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

There ya go.

7 - 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Wow. 7-0. At least the league is still there to play for. 2 tough games left. Stoke were poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What a cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Malouda you fukkin daisy! I take it all back :)

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm assuming you got that during the game rather than before it?

during it mate

I like my live betting

Well done fella .

during it mate

I like my live betting

Yeah I figured.

7/2 before the game would have been fairly shíte odds.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Not at all. He's a goalkeeper, his job is to save the ball. How is Kalou in the clear if he went in two feet?

You said he was clearly going to get there first? (Don't forget I didn't see it, so I'm commenting on what you have said yourself, it doesn't make sense)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

7 goals ,

Chelsea have been the best of a bad bunch this season !

Saved quote for end of season just in case.

Counting chickens........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

I waited to see the incident at half time , paused it on sky , and replayed it a good few times before commenting on it.

And you still think that Sorenson was nowhere near Kalou/the ball...?! The fact that there was any contact between them puts a lie to that suggestion.

And if you are going to suggest that they started far away from one another and that they only made contact after a despairing dive from Sorenson, what would Kalou have expected Sorenson to do having just spilled the ball into his path? To make a 2-footed off the ground lunge in thise circumstances warranted at least a yellow, and perhaps a red.
    Most of the people giving it all that about the incident are Man U fans,

Ah well hard luck:D

I dont support any football team.

adox wrote: »
    Saved quote for end of season just in case.

Counting chickens........

Even if they dont win the league , I still feel that they have been the best of a bad bunch this season , how many games have they scored 7 in now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GET IN. :) Great performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Predictable result, unpredictable scoreline. Over to you, Liverpool.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Aidric wrote: »
    Well in. Stoke have been utterly gutless today.

Agreed...I've only seen the last 13 minutes, but it was gutless, pathetic. And that from a team who pride themselves on effort..very poor ad for the EPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Even if they dont win the league , I still feel that they have been the best of a bad bunch this season , how many games have they scored 7 in now ?

But the best of a bad bunch would be whoever wins the league. Scoring 7 times in a few games is all well and good if you win the league

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Great performance today. Go on Chelsea. Roll on Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Scoring 7 has nothing to do with it. The best team finishes top. You are favourites but not there yet. I can't understand how you would think your team have been the best in the league if they finish second?

drkpower wrote: »
    And you still think that Sorenson was nowhere near Kalou/the ball...?! The fact that there was any contact between them puts a lie to that suggestion.

And if you are going to suggest that they started far away from one another and that they only made contact after a despairing dive from Sorenson, what would Kalou have expected Sorenson to do having just spilled the ball into his path? To make a 2-footed off the ground lunge in thise circumstances warranted at least a yellow, and perhaps a red.

I dont support any football team.

If you read the thread I said it was worth a yellow for the clumsy challenge ,

Anyway Im done with this great result , 7-0 happy days, top of the league , so no hard luck here :pac::pac::pac:

adox wrote: »
    Scoring 7 has nothing to do with it. The best team finishes top. You are favourites but not there yet. I can't understand how you would think your team have been the best in the league if they finish second?

Over the whole of the season , I think that they have put in the best most entertaining performances, thats what I meant .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

If you read the thread I said it was worth a yellow for the clumsy challenge

Actually; Ive seen it again from a wider angle. Definite red card. He had absolutely no regard for Sorensen's safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Stoke were pretty desperate.

It looked 5 minutes in like it was going to be a trouncing.

Fuller and kitson up front for stoke provide absolutely no threat what so ever. The Stoke midfield seemed to find it overly difficult and their wide players tucked in early on leaving the chelsea full backs and wingers to have a field day.

The second Kalou goal was pretty lucky. Felt at the time it was a free out, couldnt believe it wasnt given. Wether there was contact or not, a two footed lunge like that anywhere on the park is a red card.

The penalty aswell was a shocking call giving the ref was in line and could clearly see the foul happened outside and kalou did all he could to land flat on his face inside.

Cant complain about the result though and I dont think its one anyone didnt see coming, the scoreline may have been high but it was always a Chelsea win.

I feel bad the way 4 teams cant get relegated, cause I dont like Stoke, they are a poor team with all round poor attitudes towards football.

However Glen Whelan thumbs up, that trip gave me some laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

TheDoc wrote: »
    I feel bad the way 4 teams cant get relegated, cause I dont like Stoke, they are a poor team with all round poor attitudes towards football.

Hold on there a second, it wasn't long ago that we were all praising what Pulis had achieved with this Stoke team. There aren't any trophies for pretty football, for some teams its about winning, for others its about surviving.
    This team has done well to be where they are and one drubbing (when your season is effectively over no less) doesn't change that.
    Oh, and if you wanted to relegate a fourth team Stoke would still be safe with 2 games left :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

we were class today, simply pure class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

No worries lads ... Liverpool will lie down like a $2 hooker .

4th place is gone , so anything but to see Neville smuggly lift another Prem title :mad:

.....from a Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mixednuts wrote: »

4th place is gone , so anything but to see Neville smuggly lift another Prem title :mad:

I'm sure Liverpool are very proud to have you as a fan.

:rolleyes:

mixednuts wrote: »

I thought the rumours of Pool fans acting like this were only jokes.

Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I watched this game and I have to say Stoke were a disgrace really, once Chelsea scored that was it. They hardly threw a leg at it. As for Liverpool lying down. I doubt it. Whatever fans may want the players will try their darndest.

If Utd win their 19th title so be it, football doesn't end on May 9th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Ah a certain large lady is gargling now and the tonsils are being cleared.
    Blue it is then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Frisbee wrote: »
    I thought the rumours of Pool fans acting like this were only jokes.

Wow.

My post :
    Out of character ; Yes
    Realistic ; No

My post was a silly indulgance into a fantasy (or hope) not to see Mr Neville lift another Prem trophy .
    I think this guy (Neville) is a idiot ... I for one have seen him at work whilst keeping the side line warm , reacting to the crowd and been a complete tit . (eg)
    92334977.jpg

enough said ... Apoligise for taking this off thread .

May the best team take the honours.

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,832 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chelesa demolished Stoke

dont know what the rest of ye think of this, but id be ashamed/mortified if i seen a pic like that and the fella in the crowd was me aul lad or someone!
    i mean seriously, the age of him and he roaring the head off a player thats warming up on the line.
    i dont give a sh!t who the player is, complete gimp or not, you dont roar abuse at them like that at anyone. we are supposed to be human beings arent we, i wouldnt roar like that to a dog never mind a flippin fellow human being!
    talk about letting yourself down in public.

my view on it anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

papagormo wrote: »
    dont know what the rest of ye think of this, but id be ashamed/mortified if i seen a pic like that and the fella in the crowd was me aul lad or someone!
    i mean seriously, the age of him and he roaring the head off a player thats warming up on the line.
    i dont give a sh!t who the player is, complete gimp or not, you dont roar abuse at them like that at anyone. we are supposed to be human beings arent we, i wouldnt roar like that to a dog never mind a flippin fellow human being!
    talk about letting yourself down in public.

my view on it anyways.

He might've just seen Neville signal not too nicely to Tevez....who knows???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He might've just seen Neville signal not too nicely to Tevez....who knows???

In a game against Liverpool? Maybe next season that could happen, but not this year.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Chelsea fans must have been laughing at that Stoke cliche 'a tough team to beat' today.

ahh stoke arent too bad they just fell apart today, it happens from time to time.
    and they were up against chelsea who were playing an absolute must win game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Just saw Kalous' 2nd goal again.....nowt wrong with that.

Just saw Kalous' 2nd goal again.....nowt wrong with that.

Duck for cover after saying that , the mob will be along soon

• Advertisement
Advertisement