Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Password problems

Options
  • 25-04-2010 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

Hi. When the attack on boards happened I changed my password and the password of the email I signed up to boards with.

I forgot to make a record of these passwords and have forgotten them.

I'm automatically signed into boards on my laptop but I can't sign in my pc.

Is there anyway I can change my password or change the email associated with my account without knowing the password?

I still know my origional password if it can be changed back to that?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

What Web browser are you using on your laptop? Some browsers such as Firefox and Opera store your login and password details and are very easily viewed.

If you are using Firefox, go to Tools - Options - Privacy (tab) - Password manager. It will show your saved sites usernames, clicking "show passwords" will show your saved passwords.

Im guessing its something similar in Opera (google should find it for you).

If you are using Internet Explorer I think there are some password recovery programs you can download. Ive not tested this, but perhaps this site's programs might work for ya.

Advertisement