Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIT Honours Business Degree - Accounting & Finance

Options
  • 25-04-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Does anybody have info on this degree course, as in how it compares to the business course in UL?

Its a new course, level 8 honours business degree and I would like to know would it be a good choice. There is no co-op placement but there are internships going every Summer so it shouldn't be too much hassle getting work.

I actually posted this in LIT Forum but its completely dead in the water there :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Well I don't know what you expect posting it in the UL forum as almost everyone who posts here is a UL-er.

Rightly or wrongly there may be a snobbery aspect from some employers who'd prefer a BBS candidate rather than an LIT one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

LIT Acc&Fin will get you more exemptions, but being honest if you REALLY want to be an accountant and you know it, having been through college, I can guarantee you college is completely unnecessary to becoming an accountant. Try and get one of the Big 4 to take you on for ACAIs and get qualified that way. You'll be a qualified accountant before people in your class have even finished college.

That said, if you're not sure you want to be an accountant, come to college and find out. BBS is better for that.

Honestly though. I've come to the realisation that the Irish psyche of "must go to college" isn't necessarily for everyone.

If you do decide to come to UL, make sure to get involved in stuff, clubs, societies and general Union stuff.

Advertisement