Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimplex XMC storage heating

Options
  • 25-04-2010 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi,

I have just moved into an apartment with Dimplex XMC storage heating. I have found the documentation on the web. It's pretty clear but I still have some questions.

1) Why are there two fuse switches on the wall? Do they both need to be on?

2) The "input" dial controls the temperature. It is also the dial that controls the amount of electricity that is used. This electricity is only used at night time. Are these statements all correct?

3) When the system is set up and correctly functioning it should be heating the house all day long? Is this true?

4) The "output" dial controls when the boost comes on. The boost gives an extra bolt of heat via the grill at the top. This heat comes from the heat stored in the heater?

5) The switch on the side of the heater turns on the convector. The convector is a seperate heater that is seperately controlled by thr dial on the side. By turning this on, the convector will use more electricity? Is this true?

So .. Have I got the gist of this thing or have I got it completely wrong??!?!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

mark23 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have just moved into an apartment with Dimplex XMC storage heating. I have found the documentation on the web. It's pretty clear but I still have some questions.

1) Why are there two fuse switches on the wall? Do they both need to be on?

2) The "input" dial controls the temperature. It is also the dial that controls the amount of electricity that is used. This electricity is only used at night time. Are these statements all correct?

3) When the system is set up and correctly functioning it should be heating the house all day long? Is this true?

4) The "output" dial controls when the boost comes on. The boost gives an extra bolt of heat via the grill at the top. This heat comes from the heat stored in the heater?

5) The switch on the side of the heater turns on the convector. The convector is a seperate heater that is seperately controlled by thr dial on the side. By turning this on, the convector will use more electricity? Is this true?

So .. Have I got the gist of this thing or have I got it completely wrong??!?!

Thanks

not neccesarily one is for storage heating the other is for the convector function.

you have the basic jist of things the convector is a seperate heater that is used as a boost if the area is still cold

Advertisement