If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spec for the new Philips 7 Series TV's

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi folks

A little update.

I should see the new 7 series in next week before the weekend.

Thats my lot!

Cheers
    Ash

Hi all

I expect the pricing on the 37PFL7605H will be €999.99

ash

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

how do these compare to the panasonic G20's? am in the process of ordering the G20 however if the 37" in this model is better image quality etc may opt for this instead.

Hi TazzzZ

I really cant say at the moment as I have not seen this TV in action.
    Once its in stock you are welcome to call on in and have a gander.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Folks

A little update on this range of TV's

I've been told that I should expect to see these next week, so from the 17th onwards....

Sorry for the delay to the Boardies with their name down against these TV's

I will post up here once I FINALLY have my hands on them and have had and a little fiddle with them all.

cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi all

I've been told I'll have the new 32PFL7605H and 40PFL7605H in store for this weekend:) (finally....)

I'll post up once they arrive into stock as I know some folks are waiting on them.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Folks

We have just taken delivery of the 40PFL7605H

First impressions is its a very sexy TV, well as far as they can be (if your into that sort of thing....I am I have to admit:o)

As you can see from the specs it's a very well featured TV
    100Hz Clear LCD
    2ms response time
    MASSIVE 500000:1 contrast ratio thanks to the new LED EDGE LIT backlighting tech.
    NET TV of the wired variety.
    AMBILIGHT Spectra 2 - with a neat trick that lets you select a colour match for your wall behind the TV - anyone with lime green or pink walls???
    the list goes on so have a look see at the link below
    http://www.digitalnewsroom.philips.com/factsheet/fs_40_7000_series.pdf

Once again its going to be a TV that tweakers will love and if you spend a little time with the initial set up it will really shine.
    especially as you can save the setting on a input by input basis - will help get the best from each source.

The most important factor.....
    It produces a beautiful image - I've only had 30 mins to play with it at the moment but i'm well impressed with it.
    Very detailed and lovely natural colours
    nice motion handling to boot.

So call on down and have a looksee at it.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Folks

I have just received the 37PFL7605H in this morning.
    fresh of the back of the truck and not even up on my Ambi wall yet

Here's the spec
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/37pfl7605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This TV will be selling for €999.99

Call on in and have a looksee at it - (we are showing a little obsure art house film on Blu-Ray on it called Avatar:))

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Hi Ashley

Looking at the spec, I am wondering

Only 1 USB port? assuming Philips have a wireless adapter/dongle, If I wanted to use that, I hane no usb left.

The remote control looks totally minimalist compared to others.

These are not criticism's, just wondering

Many thanks

PS: Sent you a couple of pm's over night, did you rec?

Hi Dnme

Yep only 1 USB input - its really for the USB thumb drives and the like.
    The TV has 4x HDMI, 1x VGA and a Ethernet port to hook upto either your router or directly to your PC.
    There is no wireless dongle avaiolable for this TV.

The remote actually has 14 buttons, some of the buttons are joined together (like the number buttons) so it actually has 32 button functions - if that makes sense, so is pretty similar to our regular remotes. Most of the options are accessed on screen, source selection etc

Working through my pm's

cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi all

As the above states, we now have the 32PFL7605H in stock and on display.

Here's the specs for this TV - http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/32pfl7605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

It would make a great TV for a smaller living room or would be perfect for a secondary room/bedroom TV for those who like something quality to watch when they have been out voted on what to watch on the big TV in their livingroom (World Cup/soap opera widows???)

Dont forget that if you buy one of these TV's before 31st July you also get a 4 year warranty free with them.

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

Hi Folks

Here's the spec

Call on in and have a looksee at it - (we are showing a little obsure art house film on Blu-Ray on it called Avatar:))

atb
    Ash

Hi Ash & all @ RS

Can you quote me a boardie price for this TV and can you confirm if it comes with the 4 year Philips warranty ?

Thanks

Macer (returning RS customer)

Hey Macer123

pm sent but I'd say your either out enjoying the sunshine of glued to a TV watching the match....

Let me know what you think of the price

4 year warranty comes with the TV if you buy before 31st July 2010

ATB
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Zulian

Hi Folks

Here's the spec

atb
    Ash

Hi all,

I'm as well interested in this TV. Can I get your price for this one and a confirmirmation it comes with the 4 year warranty, please ?

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.