If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spec for the new Philips 5 series TV range

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi folks

little update on the 32PFL5405H - this is due end of May/early June.
    The rest of the 5 series are still on course for end of next week.

atb
    Ash

Hi folks

I've just been updated that these TV's are now due to land next week from the 17th of May.....getting closer....

I'll post up here once the arrive.

Any questions re the 5605 range post your questions here and I'll answer 'em for you

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Thanks Ash

Do you expect the 52PFL5605h to be included also ?
    Cant wait to have a look, all my other gear crying out for a TV

keving

I certainly hope so....

Been a long wait for these TV's

I hope to have a more concrete date when I can speak to my rep.

I'll post up once they land into us.

cheers
    Ash

keving wrote: »
    Thanks Ash

Do you expect the 52PFL5605h to be included also ?
    Cant wait to have a look, all my other gear crying out for a TV

keving

Is it there yet
    Is it there yet
    Is it there yet
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry, couldnt help it - any update ?

• Advertisement

I've been told there is a good few TV's due into us next week - 32, 37, 40, 42. No word on the big boy just yet....

ash

Hi all

I'll be collecting the new 32PFL5405H from Philips a little later in the afternoon.

They're teasing us at the moment with TV releases....

The word is that more models are due over the course of next week, so I'll post up as and when they come in.

Sorry for the delay on these TV's I know some folks are waiting patiently on them:)

cheers ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kitegear

hi guys...quick one...are you sure these tvs - PFL5605H are edge lit?? the specs say backlit?
    thanks

mmm,

So it does...
    I've been told that the 5, 7 and 8 series are all LED Edge Lit by the Philips reps:(

I'm going to have to check that out now.

I'll get back to you asap

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Kitegear

Yep they have just confirmed that the 5605H series is indeed an LED BACKLIT LCD TV and not EDGE LIT.

It isnt a Local Dimming set however.

Well spotted....I'm ashamed I didnt pick up on that:o

have a good one.
    Ash

• Advertisement

And the obvious question for a dim bloke :o, is whats the difference and which is better ?
    Any update on the 52 " ??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Yep they have just confirmed that the 5605H series is indeed an LED BACKLIT LCD TV and not EDGE LIT.

Original post amended to read "Back Lit".

Ritz.

Hi Keving

Well the benefit of Edge Lit is that the TV's can be a fair bit slimmer as the light source is arrayed around the edge of the screen.

The LED Backlit type of TV's have the LED's arrayed directly behind the LCD Screen so are a little deeper than the Edge lit type.
    On the 5605H series of screens the LED array isnt of the Local Dimming type (that fun stuff starts with the 9704/9705 series) but constant light output

Both techs give much greater contrast over a standard CCFL backlight used in regular LCD TV's plus use far less electricty when power up and running.

As to which is the better tech, well Local Dimming LED Backlighting is the best of the bunch (Edge Lit cant local dim due to the fact that its around the edge of the screen)
    I'll wait until I see a 7605 and 5605 side by side before I can answer between the two other types.

hope that illuminates the difference (sorry counldn't resist:rolleyes:)
    Cheers
    Ash

Any update on the 52 " ??

Thanks Ash for the above post.
    I was going to pop in tomor eve to have a look at the 52", as John said that it would be in today or tomor. Have you had any confirmation on this yet ? (I cant make it in over the weekend)
    Sorry to bug you on this, but the World Cup's starting soon and my 5.1 system crying out for an outlet ;)

Hi Keving

I'd be suprised if I saw it tomorrow (Delighted, if it does arrive in..) I'll let you know one way or the other.

Difficult in getting info on availablilty on this set at the mo.

Sorry:o
    Ash

World cup starts June the 11th guys ;) ,and knowing myself it'll take me a bloody week to set it up with my other gear !
    Please tell me this is the week for the 52" er, otherwise I'm gona have to look at something else.

Keving

P.S. I know the delay is not your fault

Hi Keving

I'll have news one way or the other for you a little later.
    john McD is going to crack heads at PHQ for info.

We'll get you sorted with a BIG ONE one way or the other:)

cheers
    Ash

Crack, Crack :D

Thanks lads

Hi Folks

John has managed to wring some of the new 37PFL5405H out of Philips
    I should have these by the end of the week and will post up here once they arrive through the doors.

Cheers
    Ash

World cup starts June the 11th guys ;) ,and knowing myself it'll take me a bloody week to set it up with my other gear !
    Please tell me this is the week for the 52" er, otherwise I'm gona have to look at something else.

Keving

P.S. I know the delay is not your fault

:confused:

:o

• Advertisement

Hi Keving

Pm sent

ATB
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hi guys,

Just looking at the 40 inch there. Is there any chance that comes with the 10% discount? if so, i'd be verrrrrry tempted to come in and pick one up :)

Hi RedXIV

I take it your asking after the 40PFL5605H?

I've sent a pm
    let me know what you think

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 38 nero123

Hi Ash,

What price can you give me for the 42pfl5405h. It would be for collection. Is is still a good TV you recommend?

Hi Nero123

Yep for the price this is an excellent TV - has the core spec that most people need on a big screen TV, namely 100Hz refresh rate and a fast response time of 2ms and packs a very good image processor in the shape of Pixel Plus HD.

Heres the spec for you to have a read of
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/42pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf

I have 'em in stock and your very welcome to collect from the shop.
    I will pm you a price.

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.