Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about upgrading Eircom Broadband

• 25-04-2010 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi guys,

The house I'm currently in has 3meg broadband from eircom, however this can be really slow and as low as 0.9 megs alot of the time. Could this be a router problem maybe?

If I was to upgrade to 7megs from eircom is it just a matter of phoning them up or would they need to install anything extra?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭assasins creed

just phone them thats all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Colham wrote: »
    Hi guys,

The house I'm currently in has 3meg broadband from eircom, however this can be really slow and as low as 0.9 megs alot of the time. Could this be a router problem maybe?

If I was to upgrade to 7megs from eircom is it just a matter of phoning them up or would they need to install anything extra?

It's merely a case of phoning them up and asking to be put on the 7Mb package. Though I'd get them to sort out the speed issue first, before upgrading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

How can you find out exactly what speed Eircom are giving you if you have 3gb or 7gb??

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

Colham wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Its probably down to the contention ratio and your 3MB package. In my experience if you have other options open to you other than Eircom as an ISP your would probably be better off.

Just my 2c

Advertisement