Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barca -v- Inter, Champions League Semi-final 2nd Leg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

gimmick wrote: »
    Maureen is a dispicable human being. May his next dump be a hedgehog

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Delighted for José and Inter.

Valdes behaviour a disgrace at the end - I wonder if there'll be as many animated gif's around this year....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

flahavaj wrote: »
    Gilesy: "I hate Mourinho.":eek:

At least he was not sat on the fence on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Fair play to Inter, over two legs they deserved it, doubt anyone will mention any 'justice' that Barcelona deserved with Milito's key 3rd goal in the San Siro being offside. Luck will always play a role in the game, but Inter's defence tonight was just immense.

Mod Warning : I'd advice anyone that here that was calling Barca/ Busquets a pr*ck/ c*nt or any other abuse to go back and edit your posts now, or else infractions will be handed out.

Also, real classy to suggest Materazzi should come on and purposely injure Busquets. Fair play lads.

Congrads Inter, would enjoy seeing Eto'o lift the CL. Thought him and Cambiasso were the best players over the two ties, they were immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Very true. United came dam close last year.

Well ... they didn't really ... 2-0 was quite flattering to united really..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Valdes was the one being a dick there, not Mourinho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

can't wait to see Mourinho's post match conference...

Ahahaha, "Pique can't defend"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So Barcelona played crap. The majority of the team did...

Why?
    I couldn't tell you to be honest. Alot of it wasn't down to Inter's defending though, thats for sure. The way Inter played, with no threat of a possible counter attack was setting themselves up for trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Bill not having a good night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

2wfqtrd.gif

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Great stuff. Giles is from the age of steam radio lets not forget, showbiz is not his thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

the_monkey wrote: »
    can't wait to see Mourinho's post match conference...
    No doubt he'll spend most of it talking about himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

CSF wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about that, they just had 10 men behind the ball. I thought they were incredibly organised in the first leg, in this one there was a massive luck element. On a different night, Barca could have and in my opinion would have. Tonight they weren't at the races.

Nah, sh*tty teams like Hull City et al stick ten behind the ball and hope for the best.

This was different. It was planned to a tee, every one of them knew their role, which blade of grass to cover. They totally nullified the greatest attacking force of the past few decades. And made it look easy.

When they went down to 10 men it made not one jot of difference, each one of them just redoubled his efforts. It was brilliant and every bit as praiseworthy as some of the great attacking displays that Barca have given this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Gilesy going ape sh*t on Mourinho.

"I hate him for what he does."

:D
    Real dunphy style rant from Giles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I couldn't tell you to be honest. Alot of it wasn't down to Inter's defending though, thats for sure. The way Inter played, with no threat of a possible counter attack was setting themselves up for trouble.

Ye they should've gone all out after Motta was sent off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

eZe^ wrote: »
    Fair play to Inter, over two legs they deserved it, doubt anyone will mention any 'justice' that Barcelona deserved with Milito's key 3rd goal in the San Siro being offside.

These things generally tend to even themselves out over the two legs.

barcainterstats.png

Loving the stats. :D

BREAK OUT THE CUSTARD CREAMS LADS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

eZe^ wrote: »
    Also, real classy to suggest Materazzi should come on and purposely injure Busquets. Fair play lads.

Ah g'way out of that. It was poking fun at the incident. I know Barca lost but no need to be so uptight about it.

Sure no doubt Busquets would have gone down like a Thai whore as soon as Marco got within ten feet of him anyway*

* again with the poking fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Wow, I thought Barca couldn't play that poorly yet again but they really did. Pique man of the match by a mile, what a hero.

Well done Inter, deserved winner over the two legs. Gotta say though, the quality of the CL this year has been really shocking. I pray for good final but I'm not convinced. Maybe the CL is the new Carling cup?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Johner wrote: »
    2wfqtrd.gif

Busquets is just pathetic. Delighted he's not playing in the final. Usually i'd be up for Barca and i was up for them coming into tonight's match. But after their antics, i'm delighted they were knocked out!

Forza Inter!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

2wfqtrd.gif

Could he brought up on charges by UEFA for such blatant cheating ?

Was JM not in front of the Inter Fans when celebrating ?

Nah, sh*tty teams like Hull City et al stick ten behind the ball and hope for the best.

This was different. It was planned to a tee, every one of them knew their role, which blade of grass to cover. They totally nullified the greatest attacking force of the past few decades. And made it look easy.

When they went down to 10 men it made not one jot of difference, each one of them just redoubled his efforts. It was brilliant and every bit as praiseworthy as some of the great attacking displays that Barca have given this season.

+1 to that.

It was a rugby-esque style 'shooter' defence they had going there; immediately press the player in possession and again, and again.

They totally nullified the greatest attacking force of the past few decades. And made it look easy.
    No they didn't, they conceded a goal and lost on the night. It was last week they were the class act. As for the Hull comparison, well thats just silly. I'm not saying any team could stick 10 men behind the ball and keep a clean sheet (which Inter didn't), but there was massive amounts of luck involved and I think this Mourinho lovein is completely unjustified.

Loving the stats. :D

When are you going to stop this nonsense? Statistics are lies. Let Eamo tell you the facts.

2wfqtrd.gif

Peek-a-boo!

Yeah but Barca where far from their best, I mean very very far. Remember Inter went down to ten men for most of the game and Barca STILL didn't really threaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Agreed. It was only until the final 15 minutes or so that Barca started to look threatening. As for Messi, when Xavi is controlled and Ibra is in your way, he doesn't look like a WPoY

Liam O wrote: »
    Ye they should've gone all out after Motta was sent off :rolleyes:
    Cause thats what I was implying totally. Don't be so silly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

2wfqtrd.gif

He really is a despicable personality on the field at times, one of the most cynical players in existence. Good DM, but has to be one of the best professional foulers in the game, and there isn't a game goes by where he doesn't try to get someone sent off. His antics are the main reason I'm happy to see Inter go through tbh.

The sprinklers business was hilarious though, such petulance on the field from both sides after the 90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Inter showed real class. The only team in 2 season to really show how to properly neutralize their attacking threat.

Valdes is a plonker for trying to stop Mourinho celebrating, the ground staff are even bigger plonkers for turning on the sprinklers, Jose was right about them being obsessed with getting to Madrid to win the UCL. They all should be ashamed of themselves for their lack of class in the face of defeat.

No they didn't, they conceded a goal and lost on the night. It was last week they were the class act. As for the Hull comparison, well thats just silly. I'm not saying any team could stick 10 men behind the ball and keep a clean sheet (which Inter didn't), but there was massive amounts of luck involved and I think this Mourinho lovein is completely unjustified.

Such as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

the_monkey wrote: »
    Well ... they didn't really ... 2-0 was quite flattering to united really..

I think winning one and then losing the following final counts as nearly winning two in a row.

I thought Inter were magnificent in defence tonight. 67 minutes with 10 men in the Nou Camp is as difficult as it gets, so fair play for surviving. They really limited Barca's chances and got the little bit of luck needed at the end. They deserved to go through just because of how well they played last week.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Inter rained on Barca's parade so I guess they thought they'd return the favour...

When are you going to stop this nonsense? Statistics are lies. Let Eamo tell you the facts.

Stats stats and more stats. :)

37 - Xavi (153) made 37 more passes on his own than the whole Inter Milan team (116). Blocked.

999 - Barcelona (1372 passes) completed 999 more passes than Inter Milan (373) over the two legs. Emergency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Was certain for a while that Barca would cheat their way into a second final. Barca were contained immensley (not for the first time...), but the fact that they had 10 men was beyond belief.

Such as?

An offside goal allowed and 2 penalties not given. But I think Inter were better anyway, I'm not making excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

question for barca fans

ibra or eto'o ?

• Advertisement

Ush1 wrote: »
    Yeah but Barca where far from their best, I mean very very far. Remember Inter went down to ten men for most of the game and Barca STILL didn't really threaten.

I think the truth of the matter is that yes, Barca played poorly by their standards, but Inter also executed their gameplan brilliantly, someting that played no small part in contributing to how poorly Barca played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

This thread is savage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Such as?
    Couple of peno's-offside goal allowed-goal disallowed tonight harshly.

Stats stats and more stats. :)

37 - Xavi (153) made 37 more passes on his own than the whole Inter Milan team (116). Blocked.

999 - Barcelona (1372 passes) completed 999 more passes than Inter Milan (373) over the two legs. Emergency.

The only stat that really counts is Barcelona 2-3 Inter Milan. ;)

I think the truth of the matter is that yes, Barca played poorly by their standards, but Inter also executed their gameplan brilliantly, someting that played no small part in contributing to how poorly Barca played.

Inter did well but I funnily enough don't think they defend that well, well, not in my understanding. They defend in NUMBERS, and they do that very well. But for me that is different from defending greatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I expect Real will have Jose at the top of their list now for the summer. Win the Champions League with Inter then head off to Madrid and try to win La Liga.

• Advertisement

The only stat that really counts is Barcelona 2-3 Inter Milan. ;)

I wanted Inter to go through. :confused: Just think the stats are rather fun.

Such as?

The EXTREMELY questionable handball for Toure to name the main one. Having watched it again, it was a terrible decision. His hand was against his body and the ball was played against it.

I suppose luck balances itself out though and last years karma is back to haunt us all.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Couple of peno's-offside goal allowed-goal disallowed tonight harshly.

Was Pique's offside as well? Legit question, haven't seen a replay, but it looked close.

Such as?
    Messi's miss, Bojan somehow not finding the net with that chance, the disallowed goal that may have been a bit harsh. But thats not even what I'm talking about really, teams miss chances in every game. I'm more referring to terrible passes and crosses that were just uncharacteristic of Barcelona, yes a solid defence helps this, but alot of these were crosses not even beating the first man, passes terribly miscued, Barcelona at their usual class just aren't like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ush1 wrote: »
    An offside goal allowed and 2 penalties not given. But I think Inter were better anyway, I'm not making excuses.

What about Piques goal? I think the decisions balanced out in the end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement