Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barca -v- Inter, Champions League Semi-final 2nd Leg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Billo (rattling off the "facts")

Eamo: "Is there a man in your ear Bill?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Could he brought up on charges by UEFA for such blatant cheating ?

Was JM not in front of the Inter Fans when celebrating ?

Well what about Lucio falling over everytime he cleared the ball. Disgracefull too. In fact Inter "cheated" more than Barca if you look at it.

Well done Inter. Fantastic performance. Thought they'd run out of steam but they kept it going til practically the final whistle. Well deserved over the two legs. Hats off to them.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Was Pique's offside as well? Legit question, haven't seen a replay, but it looked close.

I don't think so - it looked like Muntari was playing him on & the linesman was in line with the play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Lukker- wrote: »
    What about Piques goal? I think the decisions balanced out in the end.

Piques goal wasn't offside, Muntari played him on, Militos at the San Siro defo was. But as was said, luck balances out, I wouldn't complain about decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think maybe Muntari was playing Pique on. The angle was hard to tell though.

Johner wrote: »
    I wanted Inter to go through. :confused: Just think the stats are rather fun.

So do I - I was just taking the mick, Dunphy style, as he did with Billo before kick off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »
    I wanted Inter to go through. :confused: Just think the stats are rather fun.

There is nothing like a few good stats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Eamon Dunphy: 'Sneijder played 50 odd games for Madrid and did nothing'

John Giles said the same on Off the Ball the other night

Sneijder was Madrid's player of the season in his first year at Madrid when they won the league with a record points tally, then got injured at the European Championships and missed most of his second season, before Pérez came in and sold him against the Pellegrini's wishes..

Useless punditry.

Headshot wrote: »
    question for barca fans

ibra or eto'o ?

Not'o Ibra :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any jose or pep interview ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

question for barca fans

ibra or eto'o ?

I'm a Serie A fan and I'd take Ibra all day every day.
    Eto'o isn't even Inter's best striker, Ibra was the best striker in Italy a few years. 29 goals in one season and not one of them from the spot.
    That's a bit special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Lukker- wrote: »
    What about Piques goal? I think the decisions balanced out in the end.
    Player furtherest away at the other side was playing him on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Last 10 mins were so nervy but I got the result I wanted in the end. Probably not the result football purists want, but defending is just as much a part of the game as attacking. Inter are going to win 'old big ears', too good for a team of Bayern Munchen's ability, Forza Inter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

CSF wrote: »
    I'm more referring to terrible passes and crosses that were just uncharacteristic of Barcelona,

Inter parked the bus though. Formation was 5-4-0 for most of the second half. It was perfect zonal defending, no player was dragged out of position and they pressed like mad at the player on the ball. Utterly fantastic defending. Barca literally had no room breathe. They could have done better of course, but going up against that type of impeccable defending is very very difficult, it's not something they are used to and Inter got to them mentally through their pressure.

any jose or pep interview ?

Nope - Jose is in the middle of a packet of custard creams & can't be disturbed, meanwhile Pep is out watering the lawn.

Actually feel a bit sorry for the Inter players. Sneijder was interviewed and basically all he was asked about was his manager being great, not getting due credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Mr Alan wrote: »

Just back from linesman duty in the Nou Camp Al? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Messi's miss, Bojan somehow not finding the net with that chance, the disallowed goal that may have been a bit harsh. But thats not even what I'm talking about really, teams miss chances in every game. I'm more referring to terrible passes and crosses that were just uncharacteristic of Barcelona, yes a solid defence helps this, but alot of these were crosses not even beating the first man, passes terribly miscued, Barcelona at their usual class just aren't like that.

You were talking about bad luck though?

Misplaced passes aren't bad luck, thats just poor play.

Which yes contributed to the result. But Inter deserve far more credit for two very different, but equally excellent performances over the two legs much more than Barca deserve to be criticised for playing badly IMO.

Muntari.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ush1 wrote: »
    But as was said, luck balances out, I wouldn't complain about decisions.

Hate that argument personally, get the right technology into the game and rule out all this "luck"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just shows if you get tactics right then no matter what team you play you have chance.

Last 10 mins were so nervy but I got the result I wanted in the end. Probably not the result football purists want, but defending is just as much a part of the game as attacking. Inter are going to win 'old big ears', too good for a team of Bayern Munchen's ability, Forza Inter.

I will even leave out the "Milan" tonight in their honour.;)

jasonorr wrote: »
    Hate that argument personally, get the right technology into the game and rule out all this "luck"!

Haha, not really an arguement. They were bad decisions, but they happen both ways. Vid tech ain't coming any time soon so ya gotta get used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Inter parked the bus though. Formation was 5-4-0 for most of the second half. It was perfect zonal defending, no player was dragged out of position and they pressed like mad at the player on the ball. Utterly fantastic defending. Barca literally had no room breathe. They could have done better of course, but going up against that type of impeccable defending is very very difficult, it's not something they are used to and Inter got to them mentally through their pressure.
    I'm not debating the defence did well, of course they did. I'm more questioning the tactics. Weren't a good idea. Should have played 5-3-1 with the 3 midfielders sitting back to help implement the defensive system. Mostly so Barcelona weren't able to stick the whole team forward the way they did. I know they've gotten away with it on the night, but only just. If Barcelona had even a little bit more about them we'd be talking about an amazing comeback from Barca. Feel Inter have gotten out of jail a little bit with a bit of a rub of the green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

It's official - Eto'o + £45m (for Snejder, Milito, Motta) to get rid of Ibra is the dumbest transfer of all time - subbed in both legs of the semis? Bottler.

Delighted for Mou, delighted for Italian football (even if the team isn't Italian itself) - the sprinkler stunt and Busquets play-acting showed a real nasty streak and sour grapes from Barca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Actually feel a bit sorry for the Inter players. Sneijder was interviewed and basically all he was asked about was his manager being great, not getting due credit.

True but at least it's not Sky. Richard Keys would be gushing at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Come back to the EPL, please, please, please

jose-mourinho.jpg

I will even leave out the "Milan" tonight in their honour.;)

Cheers man:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Haha, not really an arguement. They were bad decisions, but they happen both ways. Vid tech ain't coming any time soon so ya gotta get used to it.

They don't even out though and they didn't over both legs tonight...I am used to it, doesn't mean I have to like it!

You were talking about bad luck though?

Misplaced passes aren't bad luck, thats just poor play.

Which yes contributed to the result. But Inter deserve far more credit for two very different, but equally excellent performances over the two legs much more than Barca deserve to be criticised for playing badly IMO.
    No I was talking about good luck for Inter. Not suggesting for a second Barca deserved it. Good luck for Inter in the sense that they won't catch Barca in the Nou Camp like that again any time soon.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Come back to the EPL, please, please, please

jose-mourinho.jpg

Please stay at Inter for at least another year!!!

jasonorr wrote: »
    They don't even out though and they didn't over both legs tonight...I am used to it, doesn't mean I have to like it!

May even out over years(Chelsea fans:pac:). But hey, Barca clearly didn't want it that bad over the two legs for me, Inter did. I'll leave it to others to really bemoan decisions but I'm sure Barca will look at themselves.

No I was talking about good luck for Inter. Not suggesting for a second Barca deserved it. Good luck for Inter in the sense that they won't catch Barca in the Nou Camp like that again any time soon.

Or in the San Siro.

Blessed so they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

But you suggested that all this was luck:
    Messi's miss, Bojan somehow not finding the net with that chance, the disallowed goal that may have been a bit harsh. But thats not even what I'm talking about really, teams miss chances in every game. I'm more referring to terrible passes and crosses that were just uncharacteristic of Barcelona, yes a solid defence helps this, but alot of these were crosses not even beating the first man, passes terribly miscued, Barcelona at their usual class just aren't like that.
    Which it clearly isn't. It's poor play, as encouraged by awesome organisation on Inter's part (and Yaya Toure having a mare on the ball).

im absolute delighted for inter and im not even an inter fan, im over the moon that a brilliant pro like zanetti finally has a great chance for a CL medal, im delighted that Lucio who has been a monster for inter this season gets what he has deserved with his displays this season. it's great not seeing the likes of busquets in this years CL final.

certain posters gave inter no chance and fu'cking delighted they are proven wrong

its not always about league displays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Seriously - nobody can use that argument. They had 10 players and had to protect a lead in a Champions League semi-final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i think Inter got a HUGE amount of luck-three penos not given, a good goal disallowed, and an offside goal allowed for Inter. not many teams can have that go against em and prevail in a two legged tie. And i don't like Barca, but i'm not convinced the best team has gone through.

Or in the San Siro.

Blessed so they were.
    Well in the first leg Barca were plain robbed by referee decisions so I wouldn't even start there. I'm not saying Barca especially deserved it over the 2 legs, I'm just putting an argument against the Mourinho lovein that I don't think is warranted here, got it right in the first leg, albeit with a massive help from the referee, very lucky in the 2nd leg, don't think his tactics were the right ones at all. Think they'd normally be punished by a team like Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

i think Inter got a HUGE amount of luck-three penos not given, a good goal disallowed, and an offside goal allowed for Inter. not many teams can have that go against em and prevail in a two legged tie. And i don't like Barca, but i'm not convinced the best team has gone through.

best team over 2 legs has gone tru.

Feel Inter have gotten out of jail a little bit with a bit of a rub of the green.

When a team is as disciplined as Inter, and right in your face to boot... well it can be very hard to remain composed. It's as much a case of naivety tbh.

Barca actually were very like Arsenal tonight when the likes of Brum or Stoke park the bus. Just started to panic when things stopped going their way, and slowly their play became more hurried and hurried.

• Advertisement

Seriously - nobody can use that argument. They had 10 players and had to protect a lead in a Champions League semi-final

So they parked the bus...

What point are you making? Are you saying Inter didn't set out their stall just to absorb the Barca pressure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

im absolute delighted for inter and im not even an inter fan, im over the moon that a brilliant pro like zanetti finally has a great chance for a CL medal, im delighted that Lucio who has been a monster for inter this season gets what he has deserved with his displays this season. it's great not seeing the likes of busquets in this years CL final.

certain posters gave inter no chance and fu'cking delighted they are proven wrong

its not always about league displays
    I'm delighted for the ex-Madridistas (Samuel, Sneijder and Cambiasso).

Also for Robben and Louis van Gaal at Bayern.

For some reason all your posts related to this still strike me as just being anti-Barca.

I think what was really proven was that alot of teams weren't hugely bothered about this years CL. Certain posters wrote off Bayern when they played United. This was the year of the underdog. Inter have few outstanding players but hard work beat a languid looking Barca over 2 legs.

The team that performed best over the two legs and executed their manager's game plan has gone through, undoubtedly. They had some luck along the way granted, but lets not forget the sending off as well, which everyone seems to have forgotten to mention. Both teams were the victims of poor officiating over the two legs. We BADLy need video referring so that teams can get teh credit they deserve for their performances instead of the aftermath of games being doiminated by arguments over offsides and penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Vid tech ain't coming any time soon so ya gotta get used to it.

You never have to get used to anything. If you just accept shìt then you'll be given shìt. People should always agitate against the problems of the world.

kinaldo wrote: »
    For some reason all your posts related to this still strike me as just being anti-Barca.

ffs kinaldo

can anyone ever say bad stuff about barca or are they untouchable ?

growing ****ing tired of this ****.

Pro. F wrote: »
    You never have to get used to anything. If you just accept shìt then you'll be given shìt. People should always agitate against the problems of the world.

You can bemoan decisions, but not getting through that tie was almost completely down to Barca themselves IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I honestly think people are posting counter arguments for the sake of it at this stage.

I'm actually laughing out loud here Reading that people think Mourhino got the tactics wrong and Barca were robbed, they won't find Barca playing so poorly again etc.

Now mines just opinion and no better than anyone elses here , but for ****s sake would youse cop on and call it as it so clearly was. These threads are all turning into " black is White" type debates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Great start to this clip, music suits and build up to water being turned on. Who does this stuff :pac::pac::pac:

Keeper should be banned for hands on Mourinho imo...

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    I honestly think people are posting counter arguments for the sake of it at this stage.

I'm actually laughing out loud here Reading that people think Mourhino got the tactics wrong and Inter were robbed, they won't find Barca playing so poorly again etc.

Now mines just opinion and no better than anyone elses here , but for ****s sake would youse cop on and call it as it so clearly was. These threads are all turning into " black is White" type debates.

How were Inter robbed, they went through?

Advertisement