Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barca -v- Inter, Champions League Semi-final 2nd Leg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

carlop wrote: »
    This was my thinking too, or at least just wanting to see an Italian side do well after a tough few years, but I really don't like Inter so I think I'll be supporting Barca.

It's only 3 years since Milan won it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Seaneh wrote: »

Yeah, if anything you'd be shouting for the Germans on that basis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

PA-681351.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

redout wrote: »
    PA-681351.jpg

"The Interpreter"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

"The Snitch" as he is being referred to now (I only heard this for the first time on Revista).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

mars bar wrote: »
    Ugh I hate this "fanboy" thing!

I don't like the fact that Barca are better than the team I support. I don't like the fact that they bet us last year in the CL final.

If you don't like the fact that some other team is doing better than your team, then are you proper fan at all?!

Of course you are. Your fandom is based around hating teams that are more successful than yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Thank Christ RTE didn't have the second leg of Lyon-Bayern. Has no f***er told John Giles yet it's pronounced Bye-urn? Trivial, yet irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    "The Snitch" as he is being referred to now (I only heard this for the first time on Revista).

Isn't that what they used to call him in the dressing room as he was the link between the manager and the players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Yeah but Italian football has come in for a lot of stick in the last couple of years, and since Milan won it no Italian team has put any sort of decent run together.

Actually, the "punditry" on RTE tonight should be awesome.

I am quite not looking forward to Georgie and Rays observations though.

• Advertisement

Actually, the "punditry" on RTE tonight should be awesome.

I am quite not looking forward to Georgie and Rays observations though.

"Alves is a spoofer."

"Ibrahimovich is the same as Berbatov."

"Pique is a United reject."

Can't wait tbh.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Utd, and maybe Chelsea, will be mentioned more than Inter tbh.

flahavaj wrote: »
    "Alves is a spoofer."

None of them are players Bill

I do not think he ever actually goes that far as to say reject, but he always strongly allides to it by saying "He couldn't even get into the Man Utd team Bill".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

"Alves is a spoofer."

That's before the match and after it if Barca go out. If they go through, they're the greatest team the world has ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ush1 wrote: »
    Of course you are. Your fandom is based around hating teams that are more successful than yours?

I didn't say I hated them ffs. I'd like you to quote exactly where I said I hated them?

I said I would like Inter to win it.

I don't hate Barcelona, a lovely team to watch no doubt and have the best player in the world.

But I want Inter to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

To be fair, alot of that would be down to the fact that Lyon were a frigging shambles.

You guys watching Emaon too much. Even the lingo:rolleyes:

Everything is a shambles that isn't United and hasn't cost 25 million and isn't Andy Gray approved.

Would it not occur to you that Lyon were a "shambles" as you call it because Bayern didn't allow them to be any better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Boskowski wrote: »

Everything is a shambles that isn't United and hasn't cost 25 million and isn't Andy Gray approved.

Would it not occur to you that Lyon were a "shambles" as you call it because Bayern didn't allow them to be any better?

No no, I'm a Lyon fan and they were indeed, a shambles. BTW, Lisandro cost 24 million.

So here is my prediction:

Barca 3 - 1 Inter

Extra-time Barca will snatch it ;)

They'll have come through by far the harder side of the draw, getting better and better every round.

I second a lot of what your saying but this one I don't get. How do you make the Inter games 'by far' the harder side of the draw?

Bayern
    * Fiorentina
    * United
    * Lyon

Inter
    *Chelsea
    * Moskau
    % Barca

Fair enough Barca can be called a little tougher than Lyon alright, but Inter isn't through yet so that doesn't count.

And I don't see a huge difference between the pairs Fiorentina/United & Chelsea/Moskau. If anything I'd rate Fiorentina/United a little higher than Chelsea/Moskau.

• Advertisement

I want Inter to win because I want Serie A to keep a high coefficient and retain 4 CL qualifier spots.

Hehe, I'm quite the opposite. On sport1.de they're saying that if Inter gets knocked out Bundesliga gets 4th CL spot back.

Come on Barca so!!!

LOL @ this for many reasons.

1. gimmick supports Cork and Barcelona.

2. His last 2-3 posts in here were slagging Eamonn Dunphy and his rubbish.

3. Bayern played well, but Lyon were f*cking cat. Bayern should ahve been two up by the time they scored, the Lyon defence forgot how to defend last night. Also having Jean Alain Boumsong back to his "best" doesn't help.

4. You're accusing people of being a sterotypocally certain type fan who makes broad statements based on what he sees on Sky Sports. But you're doing it by making factually incorrect broad sweeping statement yourself.

I think your big win last night has your head filled with sh*te to be honest.

Settle down and enjoy the match tonight, because it's the real final. Ye'll get eaten alive by the winners either way.;)

I second a lot of what your saying but this one I don't get. How do you make the Inter games 'by far' the harder side of the draw?

Bayern
    * Fiorentina
    * United
    * Lyon

Inter
    *Chelsea
    * Moskau
    % Barca

Fair enough Barca can be called a little tougher than Lyon alright, but Inter isn't through yet so that doesn't count.

And I don't see a huge difference between the pairs Fiorentina/United & Chelsea/Moskau. If anything I'd rate Fiorentina/United a little higher than Chelsea/Moskau.

How about ten times tougher. And of course it counts, because I was describing a hypothetical route to the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

So here is my prediction:

Barca 3 - 1 Inter

Extra-time Barca will snatch it ;)

I went with this myself - 17-1 with Paddy Power.

Delighted that its on RTE as well - some players are going to get slated, Alves and Ibrahimovic more than likely and some will be lauded as heroes. Cant wait for this game.

1. gimmick supports Cork and Barcelona.
    2. His last 2-3 posts in here were slagging Eamonn Dunphy and his rubbish.

fair enough
    3. Bayern played well, but Lyon were f*cking cat. Bayern should ahve been two up by the time they scored, the Lyon defence forgot how to defend last night. Also having Jean Alain Boumsong back to his "best" doesn't help.

Fair enough I would have expected Lyon to put up more of a fight than they did. But I believe people don't give Bayern enough credit. I believe Bayern are actually quite good without looking good. Why else would they be able to suffocate teams like United and Lyon. You don't fluke yourself into the CL final.
    4. You're accusing people of being a sterotypocally certain type fan who makes broad statements based on what he sees on Sky Sports. But you're doing it by making factually incorrect broad sweeping statement yourself.

Maybe so. I must watch myself with regards to that.

I think your big win last night has your head filled with sh*te to be honest.

Settle down and enjoy the match tonight, because it's the real final. Ye'll get eaten alive by the winners either way.;)

I don't think so on both accounts. Look at my posts I predicted Bayern to "go deep" quite a while back. And I can only assume you're winky winky means just that - tongue in cheek. Because I'm basically being told we're going to get eaten alive for the last 3 rounds of this competition.

I think Bayern has a win in them regardless who wins tonight. If anything I prefer Barca because either way theres no shame in losing a CL final but if they win maybe then people give Bayern some respect.

Unconfirmed Barca lineup:
    Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Touré, Milito ; Xavi, Busquest, Keita; Messi, Pedro, Ibrahimovic

3-4-3 seemingly which can revert to a 4-3-3.

• Advertisement

I am quite on edge waiting for this. Barca are more than capable of really putting Inter to the sword tonight, but on the other side of it, Inter are more than capable of strangling this game and scoring a couple on the counter.

An intriguing night of football awaits.

Visca el Barca.

Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Touré, Milito ; Xavi, Busquest, Keita; Messi, Pedro, Ibrahimovic

Do they often play three at the back? Would seem strange to change your basic formation at this crucial stage?

And who'd go LB if they switched to a flat back four?

Are Maxwell and/or Abidal available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hmm expected Maxwell to start.

An unusual line up if true. But then, Pep has not been known for the obvious lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Everytime my PC loads Mr Nice Guys sigs my laptop crashes!

Here's hoping the best teams, with lots of drama, goals and maybe even a little bit of tempers and controversy!

Do they often play three at the back? Would seem strange to change your basic formation at this crucial stage?

And who'd go LB if they switched to a flat back four?

Nope.

Pep surprised everyone just a few weeks back by changing the tactics against Real Madrid.

A guess would be Milito at LB as Toure has played CB in the past. Pique even played full-back for United before if I recall.

None of this is confirmed as yet so we will have to wait and see.

sigpic3805_3gif.jpg

11028181.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

glad i put that tenner on Inter now...Barca, who in the first leg were rubbish defensively decide that LESS defenders is the answer? That's a big risk to be taking at this stage of the tournament.

although now that I look at it, the 2 DMs and Keita who is kind of a DM is a bit of a make up, this lineup confuses me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

3-0 is about right.

Pedro and Messi to score.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

How does that Barca defence line up?

Either

Alves - Pique - Milito - Keita

or

Alves - Pique - Yaya - Milito

or

Pique - Yaya - Milito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Really looking forward to this match. I'm sort of neutral. I'd prefer to see Barca go through purely on the football they play and players like Messi and Xavi really should be gracing as many major finals as they can.
    Having said that, I have great admiration for the Inter team and wouldn't be too disappointed if they got through to the final.

I can see extra time deciding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I remember yaya playing in defence against chelsea, he was pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Inter 7/1...bloody hell give me some of that! I can see a powerful defensive display like United and Chelsea have done against Barca in the previous two seasons. Inter have always been a very good side over the last few seasons, but lacked the creative spark needed for Europe. With the signings of Sneijder, Milito and Eto'o they finally have the perfect balance.

Inter have the personnel to punish Barca on the counter and will win 2-1 IMO.

Is that 3-5-2 Barca are going then?

:confused:

Is that 3-5-2 Barca are going then?

:confused:

Pique - Yaya - Milito

Alves - Xavi - Busquets - Keita

Messi - Ibra - Pedro

Maybe...

Headshot wrote: »
    I remember yaya playing in defence against chelsea, he was pretty good

Yaya Toure was absolutely immense in the last few games for Barca last season at centre half. If thats where he plays tonight, so be it, I am just glad he is on the pitch.

If Inter win, I really hope Eto'o scores the winner, or the goal to settle it at least. And then let him score the opener in the Bernabeu as well. I wonder would be do his Madrid Cabron song again :D?

Pique - Yaya - Milito

Alves - Xavi - Busquets - Keita- Pedro

Messi - Ibra

Maybe...

Chaged to what I thought maybe........

Pep giving Jose something to think about anyway........

3-4-3 Piqué, Milito and Toure in defense, Alves, Xavi, Busquets and Keita in midfield, and Messi, Ibra and Pedro in attack is what I have heard.

Could be space down the left side of Barca's defence if Inter play Eto'o wide again.

Chaged to what I thought maybe........

Pep giving Jose something to think about anyway........

Yeah, it'll probably be something between that and what I posted. Looks like it'll be a fluid formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Champions League Matches Barcelona v Inter Milan Money-Back Special
    28-04-2010 19:45
    Anytime Goalscorer
    W Sneijder @ 16/5

Ronnie and Eamo on tonight, get in there

• Advertisement

"Busquets and Pedro aren't up to it."

"Ibrahimovic hasn't performed."

Good man Eamo.

Advertisement