If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spec for the new Philips 8 series range

Options
  • 25-04-2010 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

This is just a teaser at the moment as Philips havent officially posted up the spec sheets yet for the 8605H range.

This range will come in 32", 37", 40" 46" & 52" flavours

These TV's will now wield PERFECT PIXEL HD processing,
    Sport a 200Hz refresh rate and 2ms refresh rate. (the 32" will be 100Hz)
    They'll use a LED Edge-Lit LCD panel with 500000:1 contrast ratio.
    Naturally they'll be NET TV (wired) and sport Ambilight Spectra 2.

The BIG new feature will be they are 3D Ready TV's (apart from the 32" and 37" versions)

Pricing should be as follows

32PFL8605H €999.99
    37PFL8605H €1299.99
    40PFL8605H €1499.99
    46PFL8605H €1999.99

The release dates are planned for May, so not too far away.
    There will be an add on 3D pack - transmitter and 2 pairs of Active Shutter Glasses released later in the year - no date/prices as yet.

Once I find the spec it will go up here..

cheers
    Ash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi all

The latest ETA on the new 40 and 46" 8 series TV's is
    Week commencing 31st May so realistically we should see them early June.

Not too far away now......

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭lar77

Is the 46" still €1999.99 ;)

yep it sure is
    Ash

Hi folks

I should have my hands on a few of the new 32PFL8605H by friday this week.

I'm still waiting on updates for the rest but hopefully this is the begining of opening of the flood gates.....

I'll post up here once they land into me.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Folks

We have just taken delivery of our first batch of the new 32PFL8605H

Philips still have not posted up spec on line for this TV as yet but here's a few key features -

LED Edge Lit LCD TV
    500000:1 contrast ratio
    100Hz Clear LCD refresh rate
    2ms response tine
    PERFECT PIXEL HD Image processing (once only found on the 9 Series TV's)
    Perfect Natrual Motion HD motion processing
    Wired NET TV
    Ambilight Spectra 2
    4x HDMI, 2x SCART, VGA, USB, Component and SD card reader
    really slim and very cool looking design

These TV's will sell for €999.99

Have a good one
    Ash

• Advertisement

Any dates for the bigger 8 series yet? Have the people in Holland not heard about the world cup? ;)

Hi Lar77

The 40" plus sets are due this month, but as yet I have no release date.

It would seem that World Cup fever hasnt swept Holland......

We do have the 40PFL7605H TV's in stock however

atb
    Ash

Had a look at the 32" model in the shop ...... nice looking TV, looking forward to seeing the big ones

Hi Lar77

You and me both!

Especially the 3D ready 40" and 46" versions:)

Once they are in I'll post up and let everyone know.

atb
    Ash

Hi All

Despite thinking I'm perfect (though being told often that I'm not:()
    I have made a mistake on the spec for the 8 series TV's.

These TV's actually have a 1ms response time across the range of screen sizes and not the 2ms response time I have quoted in the original post.

The 3D ready versions will be available in 40, 46 & 52" flavours and are 200Hz Refresh rates.

The 32" and 37" are not 3D ready sets.
    (The 32" is 100Hz set and the 37" is a 200Hz model)

sorry about that error!
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Folks

The spec for the 37 and 40PFL8605H TV's has been posted up by Philips

Have a look here -

327PFL8605H
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl8605h_12/37pfl8605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

40PFL8605H
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl8605h_12/40pfl8605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

I'll post up when I have the actuall TV's in stock - hopefully before the end of the month...

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi Ash/Kenny/John,

Thanks for the call yesterday. The better half was shocked I had put myself down for a TV without discussing it with her............ again!:eek: (she has a short memory, we had only agreed it in March/April after discussing it for weeks!!

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh in the near future.

Now, i have another delema. The TV is to be wall mounted and I don't want 8-10 cables running up the wall and spoiling the ambilight experience. Can you recommend and give me a very special boardie ;) price an av amp to compliment my 46" 8605. I'll probably collect all at the same time.
    The connections in use in the current TV are:

HDMI1 - PS3
    HDMI2 - Sky+ HD
    Scart 1 - LG LH-T751 5.1 Surround sound
    Wii -

And i understand that the TV comes with a smart dual mode stand that can be wall mounted. Does it come with the wall fixings (Screws, bolts, anchors??)

Thanks Guys!!:D

Hi Ryanno

Yes the TV comes with a cool dual mode stand - it's a regular table top style stand but with a little transformer type action can be configured as a wall mount.

It comes with all the bits required to mount it to your TV and a pair of discs to screw to your walls.

It doesnt come supplied with screws or raw plugs for your wall however but does tell you what you need, any good hardware store will have something suitable for the type of wall you plan to attach the TV too.

Have a chat with either Dave or Kenny in Richer Sounds re the AV amp side of things - they will guide you no worries there.
    Most AV amps worth their salt nowdays will offer AV switching of all your devices to through the amp to your TV.

I hope to have your shiney new TV in store soon......

atb
    Ash

Thanks,

I'll start a new post for the av amp then!! It seems to be taking ages for this tv to arrive. I hope it's worth the wait..........:cool:

yeah sure is......it's not like theres's any important sporting events on TV at the moment is there!!

I'm sure it will be WELL worth the wait:D

Re the amp, I've always favoured Marantz amplification, there excellent AV wise and musical in 2 channel mode (I've had Marantz stereo amps and now use one of their AV Recievers)

Some of the new Denons look interesting as well.

The RS guys will point you in the right direction.

ATB
    Ash

At this rate it's not looking like that 4 year warranty is gonna come with the 8 or 9 series, don't you have to buy by the end of July to get it? I'm losing faith that Philips can actually get product into shops by then ..... not looking like they can even relpace a dropped demo unit :D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

lar77 wrote: »
    At this rate it's not looking like that 4 year warranty is gonna come with the 8 or 9 series, don't you have to buy by the end of July to get it? I'm losing faith that Philips can actually get product into shops by then ..... not looking like they can even relpace a dropped demo unit :D

Lar,

I agree that it is taking way to long to get some of the new products into stock - and all of the new models in any meaningful quantities - however I promise that any qualifying TV's ordered prior to the end of the 4 year warranty offer will be given the full 4 year warranty - to be honest t does look like that all models except the new 9 series are starting to free up over the next 2 weeks and even the 9 series are all expected in prior to the end of July.

Thanks again and keep me posted if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

NEW 8 SERIES IN STOCK IN PHILIPS SHOP FROM TODAY. Got my call to view in store tomorrow!!!!

YIIPPPEEEEEEE:D:D:D:D

Ryanno wrote: »
    NEW 8 SERIES IN STOCK IN PHILIPS SHOP FROM TODAY. Got my call to view in store tomorrow!!!!

YIIPPPEEEEEEE:D:D:D:D

What size?

46"!!:D

• Advertisement

Hi Guys n' Girls.

Yep, the new 46PFL8605H is now in stock and on display (no 3D specs released as yet, or 3D BR player - or any 3D BR's on sale for that matter....)
    It looks very good:D

the 40PFL8605H should land with us next week.

I'm waiting on the release date for the 52PFL8605H and will post up once in stock.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Brenno

Hey Ash,

Give us boardies an inch and we'll take a mile.... (congrats on the arrival of the 8 series btw!)... but any sign of the 9 series? :D

Cheers
    Brenno

Realistically when do you think the 52" will arrive? Is it a couple of weeks or a couple of months?

Do you know yet if the 3D is better (ie no crosstalk or atleast less) than the Sony or Samsung models? Do you have the 3D glasses that came with the dropped 9 series to test?

Does the 8 series upscale 2D TV to kinda 3D like the other 2?

Anyway ...... waiting semi-patiently for the 52" ...

Hi Brenno

I'm expecting the 9 series this month, so fingers crossed:)

Hi Lar77

I hope within the next couple weeks.

As far as 3D goes, well I just dont know!

All the glasses and 3D BR players have gone back Philip HQ in Europe so I can't check:( - I have asked our rep if there is any chance off getting hold of a couple of sets of glasses and the 3D enabled BR player to demo 3D.......I'll let you know how I get on.

There is no 3D option on the Menu system on the TV..YET..I'd say that when the glasses are available for it there will most likely be a firmware update to enable there use, so you never know.

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.