If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spec for the new Philips 9 series TV range

Options
  • 25-04-2010 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

This will be the home for info on the new PFL9705H range of Philips TV's

Again nothing spec wise to post up just yet:(

But heres what I know.....

These TV's will be FULL HD 3D ready (will require the add on pack as per the 8 series)

They will be in 40" and 46" screen sizes. I'll have to confirm if there will be a 32" version

Now for the cool stuff

These will be LED Pro LCD TV's - thats full array LED backlighting with Local dimming and a quoted contrast ratio on 10,000,000:1!!!!
    They will have a 0.5ms response time.
    Perfect Pixel HD and Perfect Natural Motion processing will help keep the image flowing smoothly and nicely detailed.

Wireless Net TV is on board as is something new called WI-FI MEDIA CONNECT (an optional dongle will be required) which allows you to hook up your laptop wirelessly to the TV and stream content directly to it:)

A new twist to the Ambilight Spectra 3 will allow you to tell the TV what coloured wall its mounted on and it will adjust the Ambilight accordingly.

I wish I had the official specs to post up but these will come in time....

These TV's are slated for release End of June/July.

Cant wait to see 'em ........

cheers
    Ash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Here's a link to a little Ambilght demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5oi0zbUhyY&feature=related

ash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

These TV's are slated for release End of June/July.

Bad reviews then? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Ahh very good:rolleyes:

I'll re phrase that to "these TV's are scheduled for release end of June/July"
    nowt to be picked on there I hope!

Have a good one
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Brenno

Anyone any idea when the 46pfl9705 will be in the shops/stock in dublin to view/order? Is there any idea of price range?

Just read a forum on forums av debating whether on not it will be 3D compliant - looks like Philips might have changed their mind following further testing??

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Brenno wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when the 46pfl9705 will be in the shops/stock in dublin to view/order? Is there any idea of price range?

Just read a forum on forums av debating whether on not it will be 3D compliant - looks like Philips might have changed their mind following further testing??

Brenno,

Thanks a million for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you - I'm trying to get info on the 3D - as far as I am aware it's just the 32" which MAY not feature 3D - the rest of the 8605/9605 series will be 3D ready from release and should all be available in July.

The price of the 46PFL9705 has just had a price increase even prior to release - however I do understand that the spec has been seriously beefed up and the Philips boffins are telling me that it will be the LED to beat all LED's - the price will be approx £2299 / €2699 (again that's for the 46") but I should be able to firm that up next week.

Thanks again for the post and keep the questions coming - if I can get you answers - I'll do my best for you,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Brenno wrote: »

Brenno,

typical! - I just posted and 5 mins later I get that official boffin phone call from Philips - yep - it's official - the 32PFL9605 will NOT be 3D - as per the reports Philips are not happy with the screen resolution of the 3D processing for the 32" and as it's a 9 series they will not release it unless they are completely happy with it - all the other 9605 series will of course be 400Hz & 3D ready from release which will be mid to late July.

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Brenno

Thanks John, looking forward to the demo when its re-arranged...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.