Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hercules DJ Console Mk2-Help!!

• 25-04-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi all, recently bought a second hand hercules mk2 dj console but i cant hook it up to the virtual dj software i have? I have it hooked up as the external soundcard so i can listen to music through it and also the mouse part between the volume/pitch faders i have working, its just i cant get the joggle wheels, faders, eq's or any of the rest to sync with the desck on the screen.

Please help!!

Thanks
    Crazy Chester:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Have you set up the controller in the preferences in VDJ? There's a MIDI controller tab where you can select the Hercules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭crazy chester

thanks for posting so quick! ye ive been in the config menu and have manually done a few but i cant assign all of them, is there a file i can load so it can sync automatically??

Im pullin me hair out, arrg!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 funky chops

remove the hercules software and download the latest drivers for it from

http://www.hercules.com/us/downloads/

the option for that controller on v-dj should show up green then an be automaticaly mapped for ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

thanks for posting so quick! ye ive been in the config menu and have manually done a few but i cant assign all of them, is there a file i can load so it can sync automatically??

Im pullin me hair out, arrg!!:eek:

I haven't used VDJ in ages, but is there not a screen with pictures of different controllers, and you just click the one you have? If not, there should be .tsi file for VDJ for your controller, probably on the Hercules website, although it should have come with the controller. Just download it, and then go to import in the MIDI mapping section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭crazy chester

No .tsi file on my system and downloaded the new version for windows 7 this morning! I have the crossfader working and the mid on deck 1 but the whole thing has frozen except those two!:eek: Cant play any tracks!!
    Anyone got a link to the .tsi file for vdj? The version i have is 2.05, would that make a difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 AlfaR147

How did you get on chester? I just got the same console and cant get any of the drivers to work and every time I get redirected to the hercules site, it comes up as non existent!!! Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I'm sure Chester got sorted in the intervening two and half years :rolleyes:

Why did you take the time to respond to the post? Do you trawl the net looking for opportunities to make yourself look like an ass? Well, you have achieved that 'buddy'. If you dont have something to say that would contribute to the post, dont say anything at all!
    Whether it was 2 and a half months or 2 and a half years makes no difference really. The guy might have info to help me and may just stumble upon this in his inbox. Its how the internet works! Please dont reply to this post with some juvenile rubbish please as I couldnt handle getting abused over the internet by you.........:rolleyes:

AlfaR147 wrote: »
    Whether it was 2 and a half months or 2 and a half years makes no difference really. The guy might have info to help me and may just stumble upon this in his inbox. Its how the internet works!

I'm actually ashamed for replying to this as you are clearly (at least I hope so) a troll. However, unless you PM'd the OP he won't get a notifcation in his 'inbox'. Secondly its against forum etiquitte to resurrect old threads.

Thanks for letting me know chester wont get a notification unless its a PM. I dont use boards much and wasnt aware of that. Now, if you let me know that before posting hurtful remarks and resorting to calling me names, we would have avoided this unpleasentness. Thanks and remember.....be nice.

• Advertisement

Thanks for letting me know chester wont get a notification unless its a PM. I dont use boards much and wasnt aware of that. Now, if you let me know that before posting hurtful remarks and resorting to calling me names, we would have avoided this unpleasentness. Thanks and remember.....be nice.

You're welcome. :)
    Although I fail to see where I posted a hurtful remark before you launced into a diatribe accusing me of being juvenile and abusing you. You might do well to abide by your own advice.

The sarcasm was juvenile and calling someone a 'troll' would also fall into that category. Have a nice life 'buddy'!

The sarcasm was juvenile and calling someone a 'troll' would also fall into that category. Have a nice life 'buddy'!

Is that you Paul Galvin?

mordeith wrote: »
    Is that you Paul Galvin?

No Im not that dickhead!
    Good one.:D

No Im not that dickhead!
    Good one.:D

Glad to see he's not worshipped by everyone in Kerry :)
    Restores my faith in the Kingdom

Advertisement