Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC contract

• 25-04-2010 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, I have to move out of my current apartment. I still have 5 months left on my upc Internet and TV contract. I don't know if my new place will be were UPC is available.
    Does anyone know what options are available to me. If the new place has cable can I transfer my current contract. And if not how can I break the contract

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

If the new place is in a UPC area you can transfer the account, if not there is a €100 fee to break the contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    If the new place is in a UPC area you can transfer the account, if not there is a €100 fee to break the contract.

Is there an install fee for the new place. €100 to break the contract isn't too bad. Thanks for the help Tony

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

IrishTonyO wrote: »

I thought if they can't supply you at your new place, then there is no cancellation fee.
    Since you are moving house, tell them you don't want to cancel your account and that you want to transfer it to your new place.
    Not your fault if they can't supply you with a service that you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If that was the case wouldn't people just pretend to move house to break the contract?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

tuxy wrote: »
    If that was the case wouldn't people just pretend to move house to break the contract?

True, just thought I read it somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

2.6 If you move house, we will try, but shall be under no obligation, to provide you with
    the Services at your new address if it is within our serviceable area. You will still be liable
    to pay the applicable Charges in relation to the Minimum Period (as defined in paragraph
    3) for the Services provided to your old address, even if you move from that address
    during the Minimum Period, or we do not provide you with the Services at your new
    address, or if your new address is outside our serviceable area. Where we are providing
    a Broadband Internet Service and you move to another address within our serviceable
    area, you must give us at least thirty (30) days’ notice if you wish us to provide such
    Service to your new address. Where we agree to provide the Services to your new
    address, you shall pay us the applicable transfer of service charge. Details of our
    transfer of service charge are set out in our Price List.

From UPC terms and conditions - as I have pointed our before the Price List does not exist ( I have asked them several times where it can be found:rolleyes:)

Advertisement