Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite restaurant dish?

Options
  • 25-04-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Do you have a particular dish that you almost always order when you eat out? A lot of people say "I always have X. I'd love to try something else for a change" but then go and order their favourite because they're afraid they won't like the new dish.

I almost always get steak so the last time I went to a restaurant I decided to have something else. I had turkey & ham - it was absolutely delicious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I always get pad thai in thai restaurants. I used to order other things - and then wonder why I hadn't ordered pad thai.

I also always order creme brulee if its on the menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

If there is something with figs in it, I usually will order it. Same with game actually, more because both can be rare to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

If it is a bar I always go for a curry, Chicken wings as a starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Black pepper squid in Saba. Chicken wings in Elephant and Castle. Big Mac in Mc donalds.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Scampi in the Old Pier in Dingle.

If it's a relatively good seafood restaurant, I always try to order fish. Usually prawns or monkfish. Recently I've been trying to educate my palate, so I might try and order something slightly unusual if I can. But generally prawns make an appearance somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

Prawns Pil Pil where ever has it..!!
    Nom nom..!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

Swampy wrote: »
    Black pepper squid in Saba.

Hope they've learned not to over cook the squid since I had it last!

The squid with sweet chilli (starter) in Mao is superb. I also second the prawns pil pil motion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Chicken carbonara in the snail box. Yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

If there is calamari as a starter I nearly always order it.

Advertisement