Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls Aloud to play Croke Park - Opinions please?

Options
  • 25-04-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I am just ecstatic about Girls Aloud reuniting this september to record their 6th studio album.
    I also thought that since they have already played the O2 and supported Coldplay at Wembley, it might be super cool if the next time they play in Dublin, they could play Croke Park.
    Any other opinions on this or would you rather see the fivesome indoors.

Ta
    Karaokeman:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

dont think they would sell out croker rather seee them play to a packed house for 2 nights rather than play one night with a few empty seats etc

how do you know they are getting back together\??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

A V A wrote: »
    dont think they would sell out croker rather seee them play to a packed house for 2 nights rather than play one night with a few empty seats etc

how do you know they are getting back together\??

Nicola Roberts just confirmed this weekend that Girls Aloud are not splitting up. She has also stated the reason the band are not in contact with Nadine Coyle is because she is busy (obviously with her solo album in LA).
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hollywood/news-interviews/Girls-Aloud-not-splitting-up-says-Nicola-Roberts/articleshow/5856067.cms

Anyway I say they should go for it because if Westlife could sell out Croker, so can Girls Aloud:cool:.

westlife are bigger than girls aloud and their on their own turf, girls aloud are big but i wouldnt say there big enough to sell that amount of tickets for croke park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Is it just me or are some girl bands just crap live. Remember seeing Sugababes do a live version of push the button and it just sounded awful.

amen man :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Is it just me or are some girl bands just crap live. Remember seeing Sugababes do a live version of push the button and it just sounded awful.

No touching up or pitch correction when live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Westlife sold out Croker :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Well not gonna judge all girl bands but I saw Girls Aloud when they supported Shania Twain and they were painfully bad. However I have heard Cheryl say they have improved. That was outdoors in Kilkenny and I think indoors would suit them better.
    Westlife sold out Croker :eek:

Not this time! The gig is being advertised non stop on 2FM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

hughly doubt they sell out Croke park to be honest
    I think Cheryl cole is even bigger then her own band now
    Maybe the 02 or Marley park but Croke park i doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

FABULOUS

• Advertisement

musicmania wrote: »
    Well not gonna judge all girl bands but I saw Girls Aloud when they supported Shania Twain and they were painfully bad. However I have heard Cheryl say they have improved. That was outdoors in Kilkenny and I think indoors would suit them better.

Not this time! The gig is being advertised non stop on 2FM!
    Maybe down to the fact the music is so synth based as a rule and as such there were be probably sound issues live wise.
    But even with someone like Kate Nash (who is a decent enough performer) last week on Jools last week she just didnt seem that comfortable live.
    Her guitar playing looked very mimed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Wouldnt go to see them but wouldnt mind a back stage pass to the after party and a chance to buy them a drink mmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Croke Park is too big of a venue for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Jesus if they sound like Cheryl Cole live, they will be luck to sell one ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

karaokeman wrote: »
    would you rather see the fivesome indoors.

Oh aye.

Maybe not the one that Ashley was up, but.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Kinda sexist btw but ever heard Kings of Leon live? Its not just girlbands, its a lot of bands.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Kinda sexist btw but ever heard Kings of Leon live? Its not just girlbands, its a lot of bands.
    Not sexist at all. And Kings of Leon forgetting their few songs are a band in the true sense of the word.
    Like I said a lot of the time I have seen these girls bands play live on TV and they just dont seem to be aim to do the song justice live.
    Even a band like All Saints who are half decent are another that spring to mind.
    I will be surprised if Girls Aloud fill Croke Park tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I will be surprised if Girls Aloud fill Croke Park tbh.
    Their is not a hope that people (Mainly young girls) going to that gig will be thinking "Oh I wonder how they will sound" they are just going to hear them play and see them in the flesh.

Advertisement