Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CBF125 Honda ok for a bray to blanch commute?

• 25-04-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭

Any advice or thoughts?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Thats 35 kilometers each way and just motorway driving. I presume you don't have a full licence otherwise you wouldn't consider this bike for commuting ?

You can't drive on the motorway with a learners permit so I would think this is a no no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

The bike is fine for that but not ideal.
    What license are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

Thanks all..

I wont be buying till I have my full license

I have a car , but will be getting a bike once I have my full permit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

you could always go through town using the bike - instead of motorway.

you are still restricted on 33BHP for yer bike for 2yrs after you get full licence.

why not a BROS ...not pretty but practical !! ...or a Hornet 250. (pretty sure thats below the Weight/Power threshhold)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Get a 250 or bigger. You will be board on a 125 on that commute after a week. A Bigger bike will also be safer for a commute like that the 125 would be full throttle the whole way on the motorway with other traffic streaming past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Do you have a learners permit yet?

If not, do the theory test for an A licence, and get your learners permit.

Once you have that, get yourself a bike, and learn how to ride.
    Then do your full test.
    When you have your full A licence, come back and ask the question again.

In the mean time, you are stuck in the car for the motorway trips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You will piss through a tank of petrol in seconds on the motorway in a 125. Totally not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Id look at a restricted Yamaha Fazer 600 or something similiar for a 35k trip. A 125 is ok for short hops, but you wanna have a bit of comfort aswell. Been blown all over the motorway on a 125 is no fun, when the weather is bad.

Advertisement