Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5-3-1 and some Crossfit.

Options
  • 25-04-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Starting a log to keep track and stay motivated.

77kg bf~20-21% 6ft
    Trying to get fitter, leaner and stronger.
    Atm im fairly unfit.

Have one week of 5-3-1 down, doing it 2 days a week, squat and bench day one and deads and press day two.

On 2 other days of the week ill do some crossfit workouts.

Have set my 1rm for for 5-3-1 lower than it is, in the book he says work off 90%, iv decided 85% so I can work on my form in the deadlift and squat for the first few cycles.

Today I tried a scaled down version of "fran", first time doing thrusters and any kind of front squat, only used the bar for these. Pulls turned into inverted rows when I couldnt manage anymore! Must learn how to do kipping pullups.

so 21-15-9 of 20kg thrusters and pullups/inverted rows. last set was all inverted rows, fecked. did it in 10mins 20 secs. Thinking I could do it better time the next time, and think i cud have managed another 5kg on the bar for the thrusters.

Lets hope theres is some difference 6 months down the line :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I'm liking the mix you have here, be interested to see how ya get on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

cycle one week 2

squat 45kg x3
    50kg x3
    57.5kg x 10
    10 werent too hard, could have maybe grinded 2 more out but i spotted that i forgot to put in the spotting bars :mad: so stopped. Form has improved, "butt winking" on lighter weights during warm up but this stopped when weight got heavier.

bench 47.5kg x3
    55kg x3
    60kg x8
    8 reps felt heavyish, left scap started feeling weird on the last 2 so stopped, stretched and rolled a golf ball into it.

Hadnt time for assitance, just did a 3 sets of 6 chins and tried a few kipping pull ups.

Advertisement