Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baet the Carbon Levy

• 25-04-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

This bargain does not relate to one particular company, but i am advising people to buy there oil from there local oil company before Saturday the 1st May as the carbon tax is been applied by the government. I work in the industry and can confirm the new rates been applied.

KERO / DOMESTIC INCREASING BY 4.3 CENT A LITRE
    TRACTOR DIESEL INCREASING BY 4.7 CENT A LITRE

The above rates are inclusive of vat.

Take an average tank is 1400 litres

Today Sunday the 25th April it would cost you €910 euro to fill at average rate of 65c

Next Sunday the 2nd May it will cost you €970 euro to fill at the new rate of 69.3c

Thus a saving of €60.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭WebGeek

How about buying your oil after Saturday, thus contributing €60 to the greens carbon tax and help save the planet?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

WebGeek wrote: »
    How about buying your oil after Saturday, thus contributing €60 to the greens carbon tax and help save the planet?

True, cos the government always uses the tax taken for a purpose for that particular purpose.
    look how good our roads and infrastructure are with all the motor tax take, wait a minute.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

How about you live in a field eating wild berries and wearing a bush and do it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do you recall the worst winter we had in decades, global warming has been outed for the fraud that it is. Global cooling has the potential to kill and not a word is said about it, we need to burn more carbon based fuels before the problem becomes uncontrollable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Do you recall the worst winter we had in decades, global warming has been outed for the fraud that it is. Global cooling has the potential to kill and not a word is said about it, we need to burn more carbon based fuels before the problem becomes uncontrollable.

That has to be a tongue-in cheek statement, surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

I dont know which is more arrogant...

/Edit, I HOPE you are both taking the piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

:D:D:D:D:D

pure comedy gold !

rolf : well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

People are idiots.
    Global warming my arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭billbond4

digme wrote: »
    People are idiots.
    Global warming my arse.
    Its called "Climate Change" now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alicec

Is Coal going up and if so when and by how much???
    God Bless the Greens!! I'll rememember them everytime i see their name on a polling card.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭flutered

alicec wrote: »
    Is Coal going up and if so when and by how much???
    God Bless the Greens!! I'll rememember them everytime i see their name on a polling card.:mad:

should that not read i will forget them every time i see their name on a voting card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

I have no doubt this carbon tax will be used to fund NAMA, pay government TD's expenses or the like:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

bogman wrote: »
    I have no doubt this carbon tax will be used to fund NAMA, pay government TD's expenses or the like:mad:

I happen to know that for a FACT. Also, it is pure fiction that Ireland have to pay levies for not meeting the country's emissions as agreed by international councils.

Also, all road tax is DIRECTLY lodged into Brian Cowen's bank account and isn't used for ANYTHING public... etc.... Ivan Yeats is right about all this. Eddie Hobb's figures always add up.... .... etc etc... how dare they ask me to pay taxes.... etc etc....no, I didn't quite get around to voting in the last election, why do you ask?... etc etc.....

Advertisement