Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treatment for feet

• 25-04-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Hi ladies & laddies of F&A

My feet are soooooo dry.

What do you fashionistas use on your feet???? And do you tend to treat them regularly (even every day?!) or do you do them when required.

Mine get really really bad and then I attack them with the ped egg and cream etc. They go back good for a while but it never lasts.

What should I be doing??? How do you all treat your feet???

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Every now and again I use a Soap and Glory foot scrub from Boots. You massage it in, put clean cotton socks on and sleep! Wash off the next morning for silky smooth feet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I will check out that stuff sounds great thanks.

Anyone else have tips?

Someone once told me she puts vaseline on every single night. (with socks). I tried it but I really hated it. (I wear socks in bed anyway)

But I think I might be prepared to try it again if needs be. But does it work????

Anyone use vaseline etc? How regularly?

What else does everyone use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I regularly use a foot file (it's a Scholl Party Feet one, but I'm sure there's lots of brands) and also put on Palmer's Cocoa Butter every night at bedtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I get a pedicure once a month; pricey but worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I have a pedicure every now and again, then just top it up by rubbing neutrogena footcream into them after a shower or before bed. I then just put socks on over that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I have dry/flaky skin on my feet also, and the following works for me:

In the bath/shower, I use The Sanctuary Moisturising Butter Scrub

After a shower/bath, after my feet dry (I let mine dry naturally, I wear foam flip-flops after a bath/shower, until my feet a fully dry, usually within a few minutes)

I use the [http://www.boots.com/en/Sanctuary-Spa-Intensive-Foot-File_1047483/]Foot File[/URL] on the soles of my feet and the back of my heels,

I then, lightly/softly, brush them with a soft cloth,

And then I put the No.7 Softening Foot Balm on (only a little bit) and I massage them with my hands for a few minutes.

I do this every two days and my feet are so soft. I also don't wear sock in bed.

I've had loads of people recommend a foot massage 1-2 times a month, but I never have massages (I hate anyone except myself touching my feet lol :o) so I don't know if it's true or not, sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I do get a pedicure monthly and find it helps, You should definetly
    use a foot file to I find it's really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Cool thanks. Will get a foot file alright.

What do you think of ped eggs btw? I think they're great but am wondering are they almost "too" tough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭mijas

If you soak your feet in hot water with a handful of Epsom salts for 10-15 mins once a week and then use The Body Shop Hemp Foot Protector, that should sort the dryness. Its really thick, but it sinks in fairly quickly.

Then you only need moisturise with the Foot Cream a couple of times a week. A foot file is good too (mine is also from BS) but its not really necessary if you soak & moisturise.

Advertisement