Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai seizing unrestricted bikes

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

thanks for the update sergeant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

spud01 wrote: »
    Going back to June 2010 and the posts about Bikes being seized by cops in Cork, posted by MCC1.
    A lot of people were asking what happened this guy. He refused to come back on the forum and tell you.
    He was driven home by the Traffic Corps after his bike was seized. His bike wasn't restricted. Facts proven in court with the power to weight ratios and manufacturers figures as proof. He was convicted of no insurance etc. AON even wrote to his solicitor stating he wasn't insured.
    The Sgt was very polite even after he called him a "prick".
    The Sgt is now retired and the laws have changed again ... for the better.
    MCC1 sent an abusive text las yeat to the retired Sgt... not believing it could be traced. He was given more advice on law.
    For all the bikers out there that were following MCC1's starting thread and pages of ****e written on restrictors
    QED

Should you be disclosing this sort of information Garda ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Going back to June 2010 and the posts about Bikes being seized by cops in Cork, posted by MCC1.
    A lot of people were asking what happened this guy. He refused to come back on the forum and tell you.
    He was driven home by the Traffic Corps after his bike was seized. His bike wasn't restricted. Facts proven in court with the power to weight ratios and manufacturers figures as proof. He was convicted of no insurance etc. AON even wrote to his solicitor stating he wasn't insured.
    The Sgt was very polite even after he called him a "prick".
    The Sgt is now retired and the laws have changed again ... for the better.
    MCC1 sent an abusive text las yeat to the retired Sgt... not believing it could be traced. He was given more advice on law.
    For all the bikers out there that were following MCC1's starting thread and pages of ****e written on restrictors
    QED
    The sargeant mentioned above is/was one of the biggest a$$wipes that ever served in the force and I am speaking from experience. Before you jump to conclusions, I am somewhat older than this ex-sargeant and had the misfortune to meet him when I went to collect a motorcycle which he seized from a friend of my sons. He has since written off an FJR (his own) with no other vehicle involved and now runs his own P.I. business. He was retired on health grounds and worked things to his advantage but it still does'nt change the fact that he is an a$$hole.
    Spud01 just happens to be that particular sargeant so what he says is slightly biased in his opinion of himself. Quick question spud01. Did you manage to sell the panniers from your written off FJR ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mcginty28

we heard ye the first time spud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I met him one day. A easily avoided checkpoint. But I went through as I had nothing to hide.

First words out of his mouth. Give me your license and I don't want to hear any bull about forgetting it.

I told him I don't have it as I leave it in my van as it's where I spend 90% of my time.

What ensued was a 20 minute argument with him where he repeatedly turned the throttle (while bike was turned off) as if that would tell him anything.

All he wanted to do was take the bike. I refused to get off it.
    He wanted me to walk from by Anglesey st to tivoli and back and he would release the bike to me them.

In the end we agreed I would drive home and straight back to the checkpoint where he'd be waiting.

Which I did. To be told na he went off his shift 15 mins ago. (So 5 mins after I left him)

I believe all he wanted to do was impound the bike.

Never have I met such ignorance in a gardai. A bad reflection on the rest of them.

• Advertisement

mcginty28 wrote: »
    we heard ye the first time spud

EX-Sargeant :D Thank God

And Ex-sargeants and P.I.s are not the only ones who can trace emails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 spud01

D3V!L wrote: »
    Should you be disclosing this sort of information Garda ?

It's public record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

corkgsxr wrote: »
    ...I believe all he wanted to do was impound the bike...

Jaysis! So did this massive horn of theirs for seizing unrestricted bikes fade away after this fella retired? I haven't been hearing about any of this stuff for a couple of years.

Riva10 wrote: »
    The sargeant mentioned above is/was one of the biggest a$$wipes that ever served in the force and I am speaking from experience. Before you jump to conclusions, I am somewhat older than this ex-sargeant and had the misfortune to meet him when I went to collect a motorcycle which he seized from a friend of my sons. He has since written off an FJR (his own) with no other vehicle involved and now runs his own P.I. business. He was retired on health grounds and worked things to his advantage but it still does'nt change the fact that he is an a$$hole.
    Spud01 just happens to be that particular sargeant so what he says is slightly biased in his opinion of himself. Quick question spud01. Did you manage to sell the panniers from your written off FJR ?

Riva 10,
    Glad to see your following his career. But as usual all your facts are wrong. There were 2 other vehicles involved in the RTC and both settleled the civil action taken. He got a new bike and a settlement. He didn't retire on health grounds, he did more than the 30 years. What panniers ??
    Was he correct to take your sons friends bike ? I'd say so.

@Sgt Spud, give it a rest and enjoy your retirement will ye, maybe watch dirty Harry again!

• Advertisement

Riva 10,
    Glad to see your following his career. But as usual all your facts are wrong. There were 2 other vehicles involved in the RTC and both settleled the civil action taken. He got a new bike and a settlement. He didn't retire on health grounds, he did more than the 30 years. What panniers ??
    Was he correct to take your sons friends bike ? I'd say so.

I notice you have not denied the fact that the description I offered is correct.
    The panniers which were not on the written off motorcycle when it was "Written off". The power of the uniform .
    As to the Seized motorcycle
    You were proven to be totally wrong when the motorcycle was checked and found to be legal. You were a small man when tendering your apologies. The uniform goes only so far. The Hawk does not always get results. :rolleyes:

:P:P Lovin the comments. OK I'll tell him enjoy Spain

tell him after you're done playing with his batten and let him out of his rusty handcuffs

:P:P Lovin the comments. OK I'll tell him enjoy Spain

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭emo72

Spud01 closed account already? Did he just come in here after a couple of years to update this thread? Mad.

emo72 wrote: »
    Spud01 closed account already? Did he just come in here after a couple of years to update this thread? Mad.

Possibly trying to justify being an A$$Hole in his former life :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

must be having a shet time in spain

must be having a shet time in spain

His kind have a shet time everywhere they go. It's part of the training. :eek:

Spud01. You are a Natural as you always claimed. A natural what is open to individual interpetation. Could be you are full of methane.See link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXGNuJ6wIes

Advertisement