Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Initial Game Playing by Women

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Women playing games at the beginning are a good way of discerning which ones are keepers and which nes should be released. I don't put up with it anymore, or more accurately I have zero tolerance of it not compared to when I was younger. I think it gives an insight into a persons character , the type of emotional games/toying they play with someone else.

I agree.

OP back to your comments about women not returning phone call etc, I don't think this is playing hard to get. I think this means she doesn't want to get involved with you. But then I plays games so maybe I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Sebastien De Valmont

Women want to get men to jump through hoops.
    There more hoops a man jumps through the less respect the women has for him.
    If a man refuses to jump and turns the tables on her, the game playing stops and the woman and man are on the level.
    If the man makes it clear he's not going to play ball and she thinks she will lose him she will start to respect him.
    The mistake lots guys make is they give in to women completely thinking that's what they need to do to keep her.
    That's actually the sure fire way to lose her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

If a man refuses to jump and turns the tables on her, the game playing stops and the woman and man are on the level.
    If the man makes it clear he's not going to play ball and she thinks she will lose him she will start to respect him.
    The mistake lots guys make is they give in to women completely thinking that's what they need to do to keep her.

No. SOME women... not us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

only little girls play games .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

Most real men will write women like this off as emotionally immature idiots and, by the time 'the tables turn on her', then man has already run a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Bella_purple

i don't think we women should do that. you should achieve a state of awareness that can make you give without feeling bad, used etc. but this comes in time, normally as a side effect of pain, ironically...

do i make sense? :) i'm afraid my english is poor...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

The whole constantly playing mind games thing used to be fun when in school, college etc, but in the end I got bored of it..

If I was interested in someone, I tried to assess things, if I like them and wanted to take it to more than having some fun, I pretty much put my cards on the table with them, they knew how I felt and if they wished to continue then great.. if not, then we both knew where we stood with each other and exactly what it was, sometimes we continued having some fun with no illusions, other times it finished there and then..

I've no problems giving them space to make up their mind, in fact I encourage it as I've been strung along before for a nearly a year by someone who really didnt know what they wanted but seemed to keep telling me what they thought I wanted to hear.. in the end it all got messy and I wasted a year on them missing other opportunities in the process.. :mad:

A little game playing in the very initial stages are cool, keeps things interesting IMO, but its the ones who continue with them many months or even years into a relationship/situation/whatever you want to call it that are not really worth the effort.

If I was seeing someone for say a year who was still into the whole mind games thing and still constantly doing it, I'd get very bored very quickly, probably cut my losses and walk away, as there are so many other things I could be doing with my time and energy in a relationship to work on making it better for both parties rather than trying to sort out whats going on in her head, read the signals etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    A little game playing in the very initial stages are cool, keeps things interesting IMO, but its the ones who continue with them many months or even years into a relationship/situation/whatever you want to call it that are not really worth the effort.

Definitely. Some tit-for-tat for the first couple of weeks maybe. However, there's a difference between that and mind games which go on for months an years... that's often just emotional abuse and/or relationship toxicity with a mentally unwell partner.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I wouldnt say all women are like that, far from it.. some seem to test the waters and maybe push the limits to see how far they can go granted, but I think guys do this at the beginning to test potential relationships too.. Its all about getting to know the other person, but continually testing the waters can get very tiring and frustrating for the other person so both parties need to be careful as they could potentially lose someone with all their mind games and regret it.

The trying to stamp your authority thing can backfire very quickly, so its something I stopped doing, if a girl tried to push things, I was usually straight up with them, had a chat about it and the message usually got through and vice versa, if I did it more than like I'm not doing it intentionally, tell me.. if they continued, things usually went downhill after that..

The whole "putting the foot down" and refusing to do stuff rarely works in anyway situation.. its a fine line, but then again reading a womans mind is nearly impossible anyway :D:D

However I do not agree with the whole guy/girl jumping through hoops to please the other person, that definitely doesnt work, they get used as a doormat and end up getting dumped, cheated on etc..

• Advertisement

TitoPuente wrote: »
    Definitely. Some tit-for-tat for the first couple of weeks maybe. However, there's a difference between that and mind games which go on for months an years... that's often just emotional abuse and/or relationship toxicity with a mentally unwell partner.

Very true, it usually turns into a whole power over the other person scenario and it rarely has a good ending..

Advertisement