Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP-Link WAP and TCP 445 error?

Options
  • 25-04-2010 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Have setup an Iomega Screenplay Pro-HD to a TP Link WAP to make it wireless before. I am Trying to do the same again for a friend, the access point is up and online, I have pinged the IP and can see it in the statistics on the TP link homepage that it has AP-UP.

When I try access the folders on the Iomega through windows explorer in vista using : \\192.168.1.210, I get this message:

Windows confirmed that 192.168.1.210 is online but is not respnding to connection attempts at this time. If you have access to this firewall then configure the firewall to allow connections through TCP port 445.

I have tried disabling the firewall in vista and Kaspersky and on my wireless router. After further research on google, I added the port 445 as anexception in windows firewall and specified the ip adress.

Has anybody any suggestions what I can do to try get access to the folders on it. I'm 98% there and stumped :(

This never happened the first time I tried, just opened up the folders on the iomega straight away.

any help appreciated, thanks

Advertisement