Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 'EMT conduit' or aluminium tubing

• 25-04-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Hello.

First time posting here. I'm looking for 3/4" EMT conduit and/ or aluminum tubing 7/8" o.d. x .065 wall x .745 i.d for a cycling project mentioned here

Any thoughts on a supplier in Dublin would be appreciated. If anyone's interested in helping me, all help would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

DualFrontDiscs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

Any thoughts anyone?

DualFrontDiscs.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

I don't know metal suppliers in Dublin, have a look in the Golden Pages, in Cork I use Miko Metals and Amari, these lot do stainless and Alu

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

I don't know metal suppliers in Dublin, have a look in the Golden Pages, in Cork I use Miko Metals and Amari, these lot do stainless and Alu
    Thanks for that Spannerman7. Am I using the right terms? 'EMT conduit', 'tubing'? Will they know what I'm on about?

Regards,

DualFrontDiscs

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

Yeah just Alu Tube, they will just need the OD and ID/Wall thickness, I don't know what grade your after and there may not be a huge choice, I'd expect it will be 6060-T66 or 6082-T6, ask for their advice on what your use is. The normal metric size are, up to 23mm OD a wall of 1,1.5 and 2mm, once over 25mm 3mm wall should be available.
    Also try Impact Metals, they are in Dublin also
    Spannerman

Advertisement