Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Hill stone throwers at it again

Options
  • 25-04-2010 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Just a warning, heading out the Fedamore Road today and just as you pass the houses onto the bridge leaving South Hill there were some youths throwing rocks. There were on top of the grass verge I spotted what they were at but there was little I could do to avoid it.

They hit my windscreen with a substantial one but it didn't crack luckily enough. I phoned Henry Street and they said it was already reported and a car was on the way.

Needless to say it could cause a serious accident, think I might avoid that route in future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i was coming in from tipp one day heading towards the roundabout by roxboro swimming pool when i spotted some youths on the bridge and in my head i said imagine if they threw something over, well they did what appeared to be a piece of carpet 12" square hit the bonnet of my car.. i could see them all laughing as it was thrown over.. they werent laughing when i took a right at the roundabout and sped through carew park up onto the galvone road and up to the bridge where i caught them nicely on the grassy verge..

"Aw sir, Aw sir, Please , Please , Sir"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

they always say a car is on the way... but i don't think there's much they can do, unless they're lucky to catch them in the act. and even then, i doubt they'd actually go and chase the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

a chase is what they are looking for, there is little that can be done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Simple solution. Point the car at the inbred bastards and put the pedal to the floor.

Advertisement