Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC London - October 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

It was only a matter of time before they picked up Sass as been making waves on the British seen for quite some time. With them signing 3 Wolfslair fighters last week i.e. Rob Broughton, Tom Blackledge and Kurt Warburton I can see them being all put on the under card of this show. Not looking good for a Dublin card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Odats wrote: »
    It was only a matter of time before they picked up Sass as been making waves on the British seen for quite some time. With them signing 3 Wolfslair fighters last week i.e. Rob Broughton, Tom Blackledge and Kurt Warburton I can see them being all put on the under card of this show. Not looking good for a Dublin card.

I would not say that. UFC 95 was 5 weeks after UFC 93. We could be 5 weeks after this one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

I would not say that. UFC 95 was 5 weeks after UFC 93. We could be 5 weeks after this one :)

Very true.

They also said there would be at least 4 events in the UK this year and that was reduced down from 6, which they had originally planned as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Ohh a week after m birthday, that'd be a nice trip..!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I've heard it's a Fight Night event, not a numbered event. No big issue, some of the previous UK events have had Fight Night worthy cards anyway! UFC 95 was slaughtered for it's weak card and it was a fantastic event.

At least if it is a Fight Night the ticket prices should be lower. I'll be there with bells on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I've heard it's a Fight Night event, not a numbered event. No big issue, some of the previous UK events have had Fight Night worthy cards anyway! UFC 95 was slaughtered for it's weak card and it was a fantastic event.

At least if it is a Fight Night the ticket prices should be lower. I'll be there with bells on!
    The 16th is a Saturday so I doubt its a fight night

The 16th is a Saturday so I doubt its a fight night

All the better. Tell the missus I'm taking her away for a shopping trip to London...

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Excellent stuff. Been waiting for another one to come around these parts. Dublin one was great, just get to make a holiday of this one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

"Hardy is hearing rumours of a UFC card in London later this year, which could mark his return to action."

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=317046

Spike TV expected to air Oct. 16 event, possibly UFC 120, from London

The Ultimate Fighting Championship is expected to host its next U.K. show in October, and the show is slated to air for free on Spike TV in the U.S.

The event, potentially UFC 120, is expected to take place Oct. 16 at The O2 in London, England, sources close to the show today told MMAjunkie.com.
    Although not officially set, the show is in the works and could be finalized in the next month. It's expected to air via same-day delay in North America.

No fighters officially have been tapped for the overseas card, but a source said – health and schedule permitting – British welterweight contender Dan Hardy could be featured prominently in the event. The Team Rough House fighter hasn't competed since a tough-fought unanimous-decision loss to champion Georges St-Pierre at UFC 111 in March. The loss snapped Hardy's seven-fight win streak.

Other U.K. fighters, such as recent signee Paul Sass (an undefeated lightweight who began his career with seven consecutive victories via triangle choke), could also make the lineup.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18975/spike-tv-expected-to-air-oct-16-event-possibly-ufc-120-from-london.mma

Rob Broughton looks to be on this card as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hardy v Matt Hughes headliner i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

scudzilla wrote: »
    Hardy v Matt Hughes headliner i reckon

Hughes is fighting Almeida in Oakland.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Hughes is fighting Almeida in Oakland.

ah right, sure a man of Hughes calibre could fit both fights in :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just checked and can't find reports of that fight anywhere, i still think they'd put Hardy v Hughes as a headliner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

After Hughes last performance at UFC 112 i doubt he is much of a match for Hardy. His stand up was very poor(which doesn't say alot about his opponent Gracie) and i think Hardy would ko him to be honest. I reckon Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson would be a good opponent for Hardy(considering he has recovered from his injury of course) and i think it would be a war between him and 'Diego Sanchez' Hardy wanting to get revenge on what The Nightmare will have done to his fellow country man in a few weeks at UFC 114 ha ha:D

UFC 119 is now in the planning stages for September 18th , 2010 at the O2 arena in London, UK.
    Currently Dan Hardy and Dustin Hazelett have verbally committed to fight each other. Other expected fighters are likely to be the new signings made by the UFC including Paul Sass, Tom Blackledge, Kurt Warburton, Karlos Vermola and Rob Broughton although none of these fighters have confirmed so currently it is only speculation.
    Dustin Hazelett last fight was against Paul Daley where he was Knocked out in the first round. Dan Hardy is coming off a failed championship contention against George Saint Pierre.

http://ukmmanews.com/2010/05/hardy-v-hazelett-for-ufc-119-o2-arena-uk/

Although Dan Hardy and Dustin Hazelett initially committed to meet in a welterweight bout tentative for September or October at UFC 119 in Hardy’s home country of England, the bout was scratched Thursday afternoon due to scheduling conflicts.

Hazelett has withdrawn from the bout, as he will be getting married in September, a source told Sherdog.com. Hardy is expected to remain on the card against a new opponent

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Update-Hardy-Hazelett-Off-for-UFC-119-24270

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 syncsyncboot

Ì haven't seen any updates on this anywhere else but would love if they did an October date.

Anybody that went to the O2 shows previously know which hotel Dana etc stayed???

Anybody that went to the O2 shows previously know which hotel Dana etc stayed???

That info will be on UFC.com

That info will be on UFC.com

I don't think I have ever read where they are staying on UFC.com.

In fairness I did ask a stupid question....

:-p

I don't think I have ever read where they are staying on UFC.com.

In fairness I did ask a stupid question....

:-p

No, they put up the hotel which they got offers for fans going to the event but that is the actual hotel where they are staying in.

• Advertisement

Latest rumour is that it will be in September not October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

will make a trip to this one if we are not getting any action :rolleyes:

No, they put up the hotel which they got offers for fans going to the event but that is the actual hotel where they are staying in.

Oh, I never noticed that before, I stand corrected - cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Some talk of the show here.
    Some news about a return to Ireland also. Looks like they had wanted to do a show every St. Patrick's Day.

Good, It looks like I am off to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

my 21st is in sept ha im going to london in oct for a pressy + ufc nd expo cant wait:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Flights booked for the friday morning.. 35 squids, get in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

im well going to this, ive been doing a bit of research and apparently the closest airport to the o2london is city airport but flights to there way more expensive , so do any of you have any other sugestions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

There is some minor rumblings of Big Nog vs Cro Cop on this show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

im well going to this, ive been doing a bit of research and apparently the closest airport to the o2london is city airport but flights to there way more expensive , so do any of you have any other sugestions?
    The subway will bring you pretty much anywhere you want in London

Personally i'd use Aer Lingus to Heathrow, i know Ryanair to stansted is cheaper but you have to get the poxy train fro Stansted to the city and that's something like £25 return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Personally i'd use Aer Lingus to Heathrow, i know Ryanair to stansted is cheaper but you have to get the poxy train fro Stansted to the city and that's something like £25 return.

You can get a coach for £8 which takes you to stratford(?) I think its called. Its basically where they're building the main olympic stadium. From there you can get the tube anywhere.

I was over for a gig at the O2 and this was a very handy (and cheaper) way of travelling

Doesn't matter which airport you fly into most are connected to rail or tube line and if you hop on the tube you can get off at Greenwich which is right beside the O2. Well we flew into London Luton from Waterford the last time got the train into St Pancrass and hopped on a tube to the O2 all within an hour and abit. We stayed in Westminister the last time and right next to the tube station which brought us out on the Saturday evening. Buy a weekend pass for the tube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Any word on when the tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sammy83

I have been to London quite a few times this year.

Few things I have found.

Cheapest / Cost Effective way has to be Dublin - Standsted with Ryanair. Flights around €30 Return and connecting train @ €30 return (40mins to city centre).

Aer Lingus Dublin - Heathrow usually works out around €100 Return Flights (Unless you get the 6am flight there, 7.30am flight back) plus you will either want the Heathrow Express (15mins) or Heathrow Connect (30mins)Train to get to the city (around €35 / €15 respectively).

Forget about CityJet Dublin to London City Airport... €500 or so return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GaryW

Personally I always try to fly to Gatwick, I just got flights in with Ryanair return on the day of the event home sunday for 50euro return, take the First Capital Connect (regular train not Gatwick Express) into London bridge from the airport get the ticket including a 1 day rail card (Tube pass) £8 then tube to the O2 at Greenwich.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Top British middleweight Michael Bisping’s next opponent will be Japanese judo stylist Yoshihiro Akiyama, Fighters Only learned this morning from a UK source. The fight will headline UFC 120 in October.

Bout agreements have been drawn up and at least one has been completed and signed, with the second expected to be completed in the very near future to make the bout official.

Roll up roll up

Same auld group of fighters for european events again.... :-(

GaryW wrote: »
    Same auld group of fighters for european events again.... :-(

What do you expect for European events. Brock Lesnar, GSP ?

What do you expect for European events. Brock Lesnar, GSP ?

Same ticket prices as everywhere else so yes.

• Advertisement

UFC 121 will take place a week later in Anaheim and is PPV. It is offical 120 is going to be a weak card

I have to agree here.. tickets ain't cheap and we are travelling to see these fights, they dont drop them on our doorstep that often! A card full of second rate fighters simply isnt good enough event after event... ok 95 turned out to be an ok event after what appeared on the face to be a crap card but in general I dont want to be going to a Wolfslair exhibition night... the card in cologne was a good card, lets have more like that... Id like to see Denis Seiver again but Bisping and Hardy are both second rate in my book... Rampage, Nog, Jardine, Penn, Hughes, Sera, Silva, Marquad, Machida... maybe some of these guys would make it a good card... they can keep Bisping as far as im concerned...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

When are tickets going onsale?

When are tickets going onsale?

The event hasn't been officially announced yet once it is there will be a date for tickets and a fight club presale if you are a member. Members usually allowed by up to 6 tickets before general release

UFC 120 card now includes:

* Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Michael Bisping*
    * Carlos Condit vs. Dan Hardy*
    * John Hathaway vs. Dong Hyun Kim*
    * Travis Browne vs. Cheick Kongo*
    * Spencer Fisher vs. Kurt Warburton*
    * Tom Blackledge vs. James McSweeney*
    * Cyrille Diabate vs. Alexander Gustafsson*
    * Rob Broughton vs. Vinicius Kappke de Quieroz*
    * Steven Cantwell vs. TBA*
    * Paul Sass vs. TBA*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Was planning on going to 105 but couldn't go at the time so was really looking forward to this for ages (the UK return) but this card looks like a steaming turd. My guess is I'll hit the next german show instead. Pity, a real pity.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Was planning on going to 105 but couldn't go at the time so was really looking forward to this for ages (the UK return) but this card looks like a steaming turd. My guess is I'll hit the next german show instead. Pity, a real pity.

That's the way, if all people were like yourself here then we'd get decent cards with title fights.

At the moment, people will just whine and moan then go out and buy tickets, selling the event out.

If a majority of fans stood up and said "No, we're not buying this crap" then see how quick we'd get better cards

Same ticket prices?

I just had a seat in the rafters at UFC 116 and it cost me $300, (about €240). For that same price I had front row in Germany for 99. Front row seats in UK events are about £250-£300 aren't they? Front row in Vegas was $1000 (£650).

Even cheaper events in America, i.e. not Vegas, are nearly twice the price of UK ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I have been looking and Germany looks a good proposition instead of going to London if you are willing to but up with a little extra travel.
    Flights to Dussledorf: €84
    Train to Oberhausen (bout 20 miles) : €20
    Hotel (close to arena) : €35 (if you share room)

I was planning on going to London but now after seeing the card think I will hold out for Germany. Denis Siver (was excellent last time I saw him at 93) will deffo fight and there are rumours about Belfort fighting aswell.

Can anyone who was at the last German event give a rough idea of ticket prices ??

Same figures as the English cards but in €uro i.e. €250 for floor going back to around €75-€100 for tiered seating.

• Advertisement
Advertisement