Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC London - October 2010

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭p to the e

they're up. got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GaryW

p to the e wrote: »
    they're up. got mine.
    yeah havent seen any good ones yet, keep refreshing... waiting for some nice 110 ones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

GaryW wrote: »
    yeah havent seen any good ones yet, keep refreshing... waiting for some nice 110 ones!

Why 110 ones?? I got 116, pretty happy with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

anyone know what time, the fights are starting at?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

I got my 110 ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭terry_s

Same here

Just got mine too... section 111 row M, get in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

GaryW wrote: »
    Just got mine too... section 111 row M, get in there!
    Nice! Shld be right in front of the prep point too,

Nanoc wrote: »
    Nice! Shld be right in front of the prep point too,
    exactly... was wating an hour and a half for that section to come up... was just lucky.... I hate the way you can pick your seats on ticketmaster! Anyone got any further info on German event??? dont wanna book flights until is somewhat confirmed... any rogan show in germany that weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

Question for those intending to book their tickets tonight using the LONDON password:

Does it work for non UFC fight club members?

Also for those who are gonna be getting their tickets tomorrow morning at 10 what website are you gonna use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

conor678 wrote: »
    Question for those intending to book their tickets tonight using the LONDON password:

Does it work for non UFC fight club members?

Also for those who are gonna be getting their tickets tomorrow morning at 10 what website are you gonna use?

Ya dont have to wait for tonight ya can buy them now using the LONDON password just enter it in the ufc presale and select tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Just searched got 110 Row T. Should i wait until 109 opens up and get a lower letter or are these good spots ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

i bought mine today, i got the 80 pound ones, fairly high up 413 i think, but i'm just happy to be goin:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

If anyone ends up with a spare ticket or someone drops out etc, give me a shout!

Only got the go ahead the other day, booked flights and hotel but all the cheap tickets are gone so I'm waiting and hoping for cheap ones on ebay at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

your all idiots for buying tickets to this overpriced weak ass card, just look at the difference between UFC 119, 120(UK) and 121. Fans dont even realise they are getting fucked over on this one, they are too busy licking Dana White's balls. Just look at the main event and co main event on each of these cards

UFC 119 - Frank Mir vs. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira, Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Ryan Bader

UFC 120 - Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama, Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit

UFC 121 - Brock Lesnar (c) vs Cain Velasquez, Jake Shields vs. Martin Kampmann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

your all idiots for buying tickets to this overpriced weak ass card, just look at the difference between UFC 119, 120(UK) and 121. Fans dont even realise they are getting fucked over on this one, they are too busy licking Dana White's balls. Just look at the main event and co main event on each of these cards

UFC 119 - Frank Mir vs. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira, Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Ryan Bader

Idiots! That's a bit much. Ok it's not the best looking card on paper but there could be some great action on the night. It's not every week UFC come to the UK and if people want to spend there own money on this then it's up to them. I won't be going to this event but that is nothing got to do with the card it's a money thing. I would love to go to this event. Not sure if you have been to a live UFC event, I myself have been to 4 of them (93, 95, 99 & 100) and have had a great night at all of them. Fair play to the Irish fans for going to this and I hope it turns out to be a great night of fights.

Well thanks for your generalisation there buddy....

Firstly ufc 120 is obviously gonna have a lot of british fighters on it like bisping, hardy, mc sweeney and other's

Secondly they are gonna try and get other european fighters to attract fans who just have a short flight from their country

Thirdly they aint gonna put on a fight lesnar v velasquez which will kill off their home ppv market

I also cant afford to travel to america for 3 nights to go to a ufc fight there as much as i'd like to and just because a fight card does not have the big names on it, whose balls you may like to lick, does not mean that it is going to be a poor event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Was gona go to 120 but couldnt pay the money the ufc are looking...55 for the worst tickets is a bit steep in my opinion for whats essentially a fight night card when i throw flights and hotels into it along with a keg of beer the numbers dont add up. Saying that i have seen worse cards than this and should be some good scraps on it..apart from mcsweeney obviously as he will get taken down and pummeled big country style.

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Was gona go to 120 but couldnt pay the money the ufc are looking...55 for the worst tickets is a bit steep in my opinion for whats essentially a fight night card when i throw flights and hotels into it along with a keg of beer the numbers dont add up. Saying that i have seen worse cards than this and should be some good scraps on it..apart from mcsweeney obviously as he will get taken down and pummeled big country style.

I pray to baby jesus you are right!!!

• Advertisement

your all idiots for buying tickets to this overpriced weak ass card

Yeah fair point, maybe I'll go to one of the other regular European events that have lower prices and better cards.

Oh, wait... :rolleyes:

Idiots! That's a bit much. Ok it's not the best looking card on paper but there could be some great action on the night. It's not every week UFC come to the UK and if people want to spend there own money on this then it's up to them. I won't be going to this event but that is nothing got to do with the card it's a money thing. I would love to go to this event. Not sure if you have been to a live UFC event, I myself have been to 4 of them (93, 95, 99 & 100) and have had a great night at all of them. Fair play to the Irish fans for going to this and I hope it turns out to be a great night of fights.

listen if you feel as though that fight card is good enough for you and you want to make up excuses for why people will go see if, like "we're lucky we even get fights over here in europe", im sorry but paying that much money for this card is a shame, they are stacking up the UFC 121 card to the max, do you not feel as though you deserve more than what your given? You seem to appreciate whatever your given and will settle for that with no complaints,
    look at the UFC 121 card

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_121

Do you not feel as though they could maybe pass a few of the those over??? Isnt there a Fan Expo as well?
    Thats all im saying

EDIT: And I hate this crap that fighters dont want to travel over to the UK, its only a few hours on a flight

The only good thing I see about this card is watching John Hathaway, Akiyama and seeing what this guy Paul Sass is all about

You seem to appreciate whatever your given and will settle for that with no complaints,

I've done nothing but complain! Here, on the Fight Club forums, everywhere. I even signed a petition moaning about it!

I might think my wage packet is a bit stingy, doesn't mean I'm going to turn it away when I get it!

We can cry all we want, I'm still going to go to the event. I went over to UFC 95 which had an incredibly poor card and it was one of the best events of the year, and still stands as the second best event of the 8 I've attended.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Did fakearms123 read people's posts before posting???

rovert wrote: »
    Did fakearms123 read people's posts before posting???

haha no I was too lazy, I read a few and went on a rant :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

racso1975 wrote: »
    I pray to baby jesus you are right!!!

I dont see any reason why it wouldnt happen, watched the UF heavyweights the other night and he really did come off as a huge bully and very average fighter....

"hit me roy".......Bang! quality stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

GAA and rugby tickets cost similar money and i'd much prefer to see this than see ireland play italy in the 6 nations, also helps that my sister lives in london halfway between the o2 and Earls Court:D
    And I hate this crap that fighters dont want to travel over to the UK, its only a few hours on a flight

i wouldn't blame them for not travelling, it really f**ks you up mentally, for some of our matches we have to travel for a few hours on a bus the day before or morning of a match and it just unsettles you, your always better at home, and anyway they will always have the big fights in america.
    I'm not saying that this is a good card but feck it i'm still happy to go to it

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Dana was supposed to make an announcement about the London fan expo live on ufc.com today at 2 or 3. Anyone hear anything?

Advertisement