Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bike geometry to body size

• 25-04-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭

alright lads

im looking at buying a new bike online, but i really want to make sure i get the correct size for my body

is there anywhere i can put my measurements, so i can see what top tube lenght should be, height etc.....

or would anybody be able to help with that kinda thing???

sorry for sounding a lazy fcuker, but im not too up on what i should be looking for exactly, and help or guidance would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Canyon do a pretty good one but it's fairly specific to their bikes. You should be able to work out the equivalent top tube length though, which can be carried from bike to bike even when their actual top tubes lengths differ. After that it's really just about getting the stem length, seatpost setback and saddle position correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Canyon do a pretty good one but it's fairly specific to their bikes. You should be able to work out the equivalent top tube length though, which can be carried from bike to bike even when their actual top tubes lengths differ. After that it's really just about getting the stem length, seatpost setback and saddle position correct.

great idea dirk!

ill do that, thanks alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

Might be an idea to get a proper bikefit done. The figures they give you can then be compared to bikes online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Charts at Dave Moulton.

FWIW these charts gave me a top tube length about 5mm shorter than a measured bike fit, but I have a long back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Lumen wrote: »
    Charts at Dave Moulton.

FWIW these charts gave me a top tube length about 5mm shorter than a measured bike fit, but I have a long back.

fussy get! :D

ill use them all, and take the average i suppose

thanks lads

Advertisement