Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SEO - Free Website Directories

• 25-04-2010 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Is there a directory of directories that can advise on free directories for submitting a website? Or can people advise on best sites to submit to to enhance SEO?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Yea their is google...........sorry but you'r goin to have to do the leg work or pay someone to do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kevin1982

Not a great help there mate to be honest....not sure why you even posted that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Sorry Kevin didn't mean to be abrupt but really you just have to sit and go through them all manually theirs no real list as such. I did a couple of months solid on my own site till I got 1000 good back links which really helped my seo. I just men't their is no quick fix to it thats all. ;)

No problem...that's fair enough. Looks like a bit of work ahead so. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

Hi Kevin I posted this in another thread previously but same applies here. I worked doing SEO for a while so here's a few free tips. Check out Google adwords to find the most relevent and signifcant keywords to use as your meta keywords. Meta title should have company name location and what you do. Meta description should describe the company name and what you do in a couple of lines.

Remember not to duplicate keywords and also to use keywords from Google adwords as these are what people are searching most. Make all of these items different for different pages of your website. These are just a few small tips. Remember when you launch a website it's put in the Google sandbox for the first 6 months so in most cases no chance of ranking anyway.

Also if you put links to relevant media sites e.g. newspapers it will help your page ranking. Most of these sites have really high page ranks due to their authority on Google.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kinlumens

try to submit your URL to google, yahoo, msn and etc, and you can also try it on dmoz.org.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭gypsy777

yeh what they said or you can use this site
    http://www.directorycritic.com/niche-directories.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

There's a long thread here with links to a lot of the Irish ones:
    http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com/search-engine-optimisation/1430-irish-directories.html

Advertisement