Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live in Sydney??

Options
  • 25-04-2010 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi, I'm going to be moving to Sydney in August on a WHV and my friend is going out there before me in May to have a look for a flat for us, just wondering from your experience the best places to live in Sydney? We both are mid 20's and looking for somewhere laid back with a nice atmosphere, preferbly close to a beach, have been reccomended Randwick area but i'm sure there must be more places that are worth a look for a flat??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

would recommend randwick aswell to be honest , theres a fine line between what is considered randwick and what is considered coogee only coogee is automatically 100 dollars more expensive a week for the address. My address is randwick but its closer to coogee, and we got a steal. (having moved from a s**thole in coogee that was twice as expensive as it was on the same st as the beach

Other places i'd recommend: coogee, clovelly, bronte, personally not a huge fan of bondi, darling point, woolahra, edgecliff, potts point

good luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ddgadgets

thanks amybabes, was looking at the prices in randwick and there are some bargains for fairly nice places alright. Can't get over how much cheaper the rent is compared to Dub!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

If your into the surfing, Maroubra is the next beach south of Coogee. Great surf and a bit cheaper than Coogee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

amybabes wrote: »
    would recommend randwick aswell to be honest , theres a fine line between what is considered randwick and what is considered coogee only coogee is automatically 100 dollars more expensive a week for the address. )

Yeah I agree I lived in Randwick about 5 years ago, fortunately I fell in with a gang of old hands who had their head screwed on.

Most people land at the Airport with Bondi and Coogee burned into their brains not realising that landlords know that WHV holders usually leave good sense back in Dublin Airport.

If you didn't watch you could be paying premium rent for a premium dump.

Bondi Junction is another option, 5 minute bus ride to the beach or 20 min hike but you probably get better digs for less dosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Manley Beach Is lovely, its kinda a weekend getaway for the locals, but its still a welcoming place, I lived there for about 4 months

If you could get into the 'Manley Surf-side Apartments' in North Steyne you could do a bit of surfing in the morning before work if thats what you are going to do, they apartments are very modern and comfortable

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1_____enIE370IE372&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=sydney,+manley&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=manley&hnear=sydney,&view=text&ei=O-HWS92vCaiI0wThxuz3Bw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=4&ved=0CCMQtQMwAw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 iilovelamp

Are there any sites besides gumtree that you guys would recommend for finding houseshares? Keep trying to post an ad but it doesn't seem to be appearing anywhere, and pretty certain any emails I try and send off it aren't working either.
    Are you better off just waiting until you're over there to find somewhere to live? I would have presumed the Coogee/Randwick areas would fill up rather fast once college starts in July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Daithio2

Advertisement