Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having UPC problems? Internet/TV wont work.

Options
  • 25-04-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I'm in my friend's house in Ballyhrit and all of a sudden all the telly's stopped working and so has the Internet. With both of these being supplied by UPC/NTL I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

Mine is gone as well, "borrowing" wireless from nearby. My mate texted me saying that it's city wide. I'm not impressed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Mine is gone as well, "borrowing" wireless from nearby. My mate texted me saying that it's city wide. I'm not impressed at all.

You absolute scumbag, stealing someone's internet and then having the cheek to complain about it being down. Get real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

yep my tv is gone too

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tiramisu

Gone in Oranmore as well:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

m83 wrote: »
    You absolute scumbag, stealing someone's internet and then having the cheek to complain about it being down. Get real.

I assume their normal internet is down and they're borrowing someone's eircom.

(eircom being seriously easy to steal)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

PS: my TV is still up (ballybrit/briarhill area)

Xiney wrote: »
    I assume their normal internet is down and they're borrowing someone's eircom.

(eircom being seriously easy to steal)
    No, there's some unsecure one near me. Never had to use it before.

Also, m83 - drink bleach.

EDIT: mine is working again. Broadband and TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Phew, that was a scary hour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

just back online now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

oops wrong area :D nvm

• Advertisement

Internet's down again. TV seems to be working though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I've got Sky but all my buddies on Facebook are goin nuts about it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Went down at 20:50. Rang customer service; something big went down and knocked out the TV and internet in the whole city.

Came back at 22:05.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fusedtotcom

UPC internet in Galway has been terrible for the last few weeks. Its so unrelaible its a joke. Im sick of UPC going switiching to another provider asap

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

My net is back tv is intermittent knocknacarra area anyone the same

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

theres a power failure in part of city and one of upc transmitter stations is in that area

I'm sure it will be fixed by october

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

m83 wrote: »
    Also, m83 - drink bleach.
    Both banned for being un-nice.

Have many areas channells back?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Fey! wrote: »
    Went down at 20:50. Rang customer service; something big went down and knocked out the TV and internet in the whole city.

Came back at 22:05.

The same times gone and restored over here - Salthill. I have TV and Internet both back now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hairyleprechaun

Mine went too, for ages. They had a message on the TV saying they were upgrading my service. It seems the same as it was though! I had thought it wasn't scheduled, why would they do that at prime viewing hours. Was there actually a power outage or was it something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

internet and tv went, so i went and played monopoly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    internet and tv went, so i went and played monopoly.

so that must have ended in someone fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Went in Knocknacarra too around 9pm. Both TV and internet. TV came back, but went again, then came back, then went again etc.

Internet did not come back at all last night though.

My UPC/NTL internet has been very slow these past months though:mad:

8mb broadband my arse:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Mine went as well. Rang UPC and they had an automated message saying they were aware of problems in Galway.

I just had an early night instead !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It wasn't just a city thing, we were out in Inverin with the in-laws and it went there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

TV, Internet and Phone went last night. I brought my dog on a really long walk and my knee is killing me today. I'm going to sue UPC :P
    Col200sx wrote: »
    8mb broadband my arse:rolleyes:

We're supposed to have 10mb broadband but we rarely get more than 2/3mb. :mad:

KevR wrote: »
    We're supposed to have 10mb broadband but we rarely get more than 2/3mb. :mad:

Funny you say that. Cos about 3 months ago when I had a query and rang them, they said they were about to upgrade my broadband from 3mb to 8mb.

They told me to unplug, and reboot the router and Mac, and upon restart I will have 8mb speed. I did that, and it's never been slower, straight away, slower than before.

I don't get it at all:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

From what i can tell, UPC are giving people speeds which the network cant handle, they increased 10mb - 15mb and 20mb to 30mb. Those who asked for the upgrade were left extremely disappointed as their internet went to ****. Not sure what's going on atm.

And also the fact that UPC are one of the worst companies in ireland to deal with. Some of us are fortunate and are spared by the angry broadband gods wrath.

• Advertisement

My broadband is still down:mad: Anybody elses?

TV is fine, back fully since Sunday late on.

Supposedly it's because of a power cut in Ballybane.

Advertisement