Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having UPC problems? Internet/TV wont work.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

My tv and interwebs are back since sunday, in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Just rang the 1908 number there, if you follow the prompts to get through to boradband support, you get an automated message (from yesterday) saying about problems in Galway and Clonmel.

They say to reboot the router and mac/pc and it'll be sorted, but that's not the case at all, as I've done this a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Lormcd

Had this problem too. Channels were coming up with the show names listed..unplugged it, plugged it back in without the card and then put in the card and restarted. Seemed to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Col200sx wrote: »
    Funny you say that. Cos about 3 months ago when I had a query and rang them, they said they were about to upgrade my broadband from 3mb to 8mb.

They told me to unplug, and reboot the router and Mac, and upon restart I will have 8mb speed. I did that, and it's never been slower, straight away, slower than before.

I don't get it at all:mad:

They are a strange company. I actually downgraded my broadband so we could get sports at roughly the same price. Think I went from 20 to 15 but I actually find it quicker now than it used to be especially for downloading stuff.

BTW I am not Mr UPC and i can't believe that I'm actually giving them a compliment even if it is in a roundabout way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭claw14

I was having the same problems yesterday in the Rahoon area. Channels going and coming. Now they are all back but noticed the clock and EPG are stuck on winter time (-1 gmt). Anyone know how to change this ? Had a quick look this morning but didn't see it under settings. Will have a better look this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Same problem in doughiska last night but only lasted for a minute or two at which time the TV service and broadband copped out. I'm getting sick of NTL anyway. Their digital+ box is the biggest pile of ****e I've ever seen. Remote doesn't respond half of the time and is constantly dropping series links or deleting pre-recorded programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

happened in ballinasloe area too. my dad is sick and tired of ringing them and getting crappy automated messages.
    i wouldnt mind but they keep ringing me asking me to upgrade to their phone and internet service. next time il give them his number and tell them to sort out his problem and stop pestering me!

Advertisement